KHL 2014-2015 General Discussion - Part II

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Omsk's official fan merch :D

raimo-summanen-fanipaidat-2014.jpg

Wilbur*

What can you tell me about Nikita Tryamkin? How has he played this year?

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Sochi making it happen, 8th win in a row, impressive for a team who was sitting last in the beginning of season.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Sochi making it happen, 8th win in a row, impressive for a team who was sitting last in the beginning of season.

Not at all. They've had trouble with their roster before they season not getting the guys they wanted and started as an expansion team with a roster full of holes. Now they've got the cast they need and they thrive.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Glad Muršak found his game, he was struggling last year, not sure how much ice time he got then, was he playing 2nd line? It's really all coming together for CSKA right now, even without Radulov. Any updates on new hall?

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
Its nice to see CSKA do so good. They have been out of the competition since early 1990's. Could this be the year when Central Red Army takes the championship for the first time in 25 years?

Since the Green Unit left CSKA after 1988-1989 season the club has not been able to win the Russian league championship. Even in 1989-1990 they lost to Dynamo Moscow in spite of still having Kasatonov (he played 30 games in CSKA that season before leaving to North America), Kamensky, Bykov, Khomutov, Fedorov, Bure, Konstantinov, Malakhov, Zubov, Kravchuk, Gusarov, Kovalenko, Butsayev, Davydov etc.

Last edited:

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Would CSKA really play in that pathetic cowshed if they make the finals?

The "pathetic cowshed" featured some games that are now part of the greater hockey history, games no game ever played at any finnish arena could compare to, so show some respect. Why was everybody so nostalgic when storied NHL arenas were finally abandoned, but everybody tries to crap on the LSK CSKA? Yes, it's an old arena and they are working on a new one, but it's a treat for a real fan to aatend a game there.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
One can only wonder why is the arena never full if the arena experience is such a treat and despite the fact that they're currently the hottest team in the league.

it's been quite full lately. CSKA had over 1000 fans in Yaroslavl' in spite FC CSKA playing in Krasnodar, where CSKA fans were heavily represented as well. That arena is a problem, but Moscow's traffic, other endeavors for ppl and perennial troubles at the HC have caused this.

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
it's been quite full lately. CSKA had over 1000 fans in Yaroslavl' in spite FC CSKA playing in Krasnodar, where CSKA fans were heavily represented as well. That arena is a problem, but Moscow's traffic, other endeavors for ppl and perennial troubles at the HC have caused this.

Exactly.

loppa*

The "pathetic cowshed" featured some games that are now part of the greater hockey history, games no game ever played at any finnish arena could compare to, so show some respect.

Get with the times. For today's standards, that is indeed a pathetic cowshed.

Is there easy metro access to it?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
One can only wonder why is the arena never full if the arena experience is such a treat and despite the fact that they're currently the hottest team in the league.

Somewhere in my previouspost you'll find the words "real fan". That's a species not easy to find in Moscow these days. And it all has nothing in common with the arena itself. If you put a neat and shiny new arena in it's place there wouldn't be thousands of fans there right away.

When I'm in Moscow, I enjoy going ot games in the old barns of CSKA and Dynamo also because I know they won't be there forever.

There is a tremendous culture change in Moscow in regards of interest for sports events if you compare it to let's say 60s or 70s. Well, I think I'm not the one who should care about it much actually.

loppa*

When I'm in Moscow, I enjoy going ot games in the old barns of CSKA and Dynamo also because I know they won't be there forever.

So suppose it no longer is an ice arena tomorrow. Aren't there historic preservation movements and such things which would ensure that the building is saved and perhaps used for other purposes? For example, lower level hockey, or something completely different?

E1ement

Jan 17, 2012
What a weird day. Game between 2 richest western teams, and at the same time game between 2 teams, that don't have money and probably won't play in next season. Lol

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Somewhere in my previouspost you'll find the words "real fan". That's a species not easy to find in Moscow these days. And it all has nothing in common with the arena itself. If you put a neat and shiny new arena in it's place there wouldn't be thousands of fans there right away.

There is a tremendous culture change in Moscow in regards of interest for sports events if you compare it to let's say 60s or 70s. Well, I think I'm not the one who should care about it much actually.

A little ot, but what are the most popular clubs in Moscow if you include all sports?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad