KHL 2014-2015 General Discussion - Part II

punchonico99

Jan 2, 2014
Quebec
Nazarov has once again did a scene, this time in Kazan, he threw a water bottle to Alex Svitov . He is a disgrace for the league, he should be banned IMO.

GX

Dec 28, 2011
Learns ****ing Russian, you're in Russia.

The best thing that one could yell at the referee. :D

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
Korskov (#96) for Lokomotiv looks very talented and good against Slovan. He is born in 1996.

EDIT: And he just missed a breakaway after a good individual effort to burst away from Slovan defenders. The kid looks big, fast and imposing.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Hmm, IMO Nazarov should at least get 7-10 games since it's not the first time..

I heard on Twitter that he would get banned rest of the season if it happened again :handclap:

E1ement

Jan 17, 2012
Wow, Ak Bars and Salavat think they are playing in play-offs. What a close hockey game!

E1ement

Jan 17, 2012
Now i can see why NHL wanna get rid of shootouts, those games like this definitely shouldn't end this way.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Now i can see why NHL wanna get rid of shootouts, those games like this definitely shouldn't end this way.

The SHL (Swedish top league) just decided that from December, overtime will be played 3 vs 3. Maybe something the KHL want to consider?

In my opinion, an overtime should be 4 vs 4 for 5 minutes and if it's still tied, why not play another 5 minutes but 3 vs 3 and then end the game tied if no goal is scored.

E1ement

Jan 17, 2012
The SHL (Swedish top league) just decided that from December, overtime will be played 3 vs 3. Maybe something the KHL want to consider?

In my opinion, an overtime should be 4 vs 4 for 5 minutes and if it's still tied, why not play another 5 minutes but 3 vs 3 and then end the game tied if no goal is scored.

I hope KHL won't ever use it, 3 on 3 is not just stupid, but never cover all the problems that shootouts seed.

Btw i like your point of 2 overtimes and draw at the end, i think NHL should try it.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada

Great idea. either that or have the 4 on 4 go 10 minutes rather than 5.

My take on the Nazarov scene- good entertainment. How many times do you see a coach challenge the league fight champion. Its his personality, Russian version of Mike Milbury. Summanen too, quite entertaining, as long as its not every game their doing this stuff.

fedfed

@FedFedRMNB
Oct 28, 2010
Moscow City
In lieu of the Medvedev rumours, Sports.ru poll:

16% think that the league will reach a new level after that move.
29% think things will stay as they are.
16% think KHL will make significant concessions to FHR/Sbornaya (I chose that option).
39% think we're going back to the RSL days.

As you can see, the general sentiment is cautious pessimism...

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
In lieu of the Medvedev rumours, Sports.ru poll:

16% think that the league will reach a new level after that move.
29% think things will stay as they are.
16% think KHL will make significant concessions to FHR/Sbornaya (I chose that option).
39% think we're going back to the RSL days.

As you can see, the general sentiment is cautious pessimism...

Without reason actually. The only thing I don't like about this change if it really happens is that Medvedev was a good man for the job. But the other is not bad either. It's just disrespectuful towards Medvedev who basically built the league from the scratch.

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
After the signings of Loktionov and Kontiola the offensive lines of Lokomotiv look very good. They could be something like this:

Sergei Plotnikov - Andrei Loktionov - Yegor Averin
Geoff Platt - Petri Kontiola - Martin Thörnberg
Sergei Konkov - Jiri Novotny - Emil Galimov
Kirill Kapustin - Daniil Apalkov - Yegor Korshkov/Vladislav Kartayev/Evgeny Grachyov

Offense is about the same level with Jokerit and just a notch below CSKA in the east. SKA (when fully healthy) is still far better.

Defense has Staffan Kronwall, Yegor Yakovlev and Jonas Holos, but after those it is a bit thin.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
After the signings of Loktionov and Kontiola the offensive lines of Lokomotiv look very good. They could be something like this:

Sergei Plotnikov - Andrei Loktionov - Yegor Averin
Geoff Platt - Petri Kontiola - Martin Thörnberg
Sergei Konkov - Jiri Novotny - Emil Galimov
Kirill Kapustin - Daniil Apalkov - Yegor Korshkov/Vladislav Kartayev/Evgeny Grachyov

Offense is about the same level with Jokerit and just a notch below CSKA in the east. SKA (when fully healthy) is still far better.

Defense has Staffan Kronwall, Yegor Yakovlev and Jonas Holos, but after those it is a bit thin.

You can't blame them for not trying to win obviously. And if you think Gorokhov is no asset on the D, you are just crazy, sorry. Also Vishnevsky, Vasilev, Pashini is a good group.

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
You can't blame them for not trying to win obviously. And if you think Gorokhov is no asset on the D, you are just crazy, sorry. Also Vishnevsky, Vasilev, Pashini is a good group.
I forgot about Gorokhov, he is still pretty good at 37. Vitali Vishnevsky is nothing to be excited about these days though.

marlcarp71

Jul 23, 2014
Hi Guys!

Have you heard news about Jonas Andersson?
Last year he played for Yugra Khanty-Mansiysk, but does play hockey anymore?

Thanks a lot!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad