KHL 2014-2015 General Discussion - Part II

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
So Medvedev joins the IIHF? Can someone explain to me what happened? Is this a strategic move by the KHL to have him posted there or was there some falling out with Medvedev? Does this now effect the Gazprom funding for the teams?

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
So Medvedev joins the IIHF? Can someone explain to me what happened? Is this a strategic move by the KHL to have him posted there or was there some falling out with Medvedev? Does this now effect the Gazprom funding for the teams?

read this Medvedev said he has a lot of job in Gazprom Export. He joins IIHF Council if I am correct. I think it is strategic move of KHL to change president, I wrote about it in expansion thread.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Does anybody know if Kochervin stays in KHL? Does anybody know the CV of Alexei Krasnov - former Senior Vice President of Sochi-2014 Organizing Committee?

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
Very even in the West now, Slovan is the last of the conference but only three points separate them from Sochi, which is 9th.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011

Pretty transparent the situation here.

There was a conflict between KHL and FHR. They decided to make Medvedev a scapegoat(in a good way as I will show further) and replace him with a man who will appeal to the FHR hardsa**es more, just because he's new and they can expect change. In fact the new man comes from the same background and while he'll try to find a better way to deal with the FHR he will not blow it all up. Don't expect significant changes regarding the building process of the league. Also no change in the money department.

Medvedev was sacrificed to pacify that stupid KHL-FHR feud, but was obviously given the support from Putin. I don't know if his move to IIHF is just a temporary one. It can be just not to throw him out in the cold. The one thing certain about this move is as it was made clear by Putin's comments he still has the support and is not considered done. Putin's had a meeting with both Medvedev and Chernyshenko. Obviusly to make sure there is no bad blood and a synergy instead.

Obviusly Medvedev is now with the IIHF and therefore in a way up and over his FHR opponents.

Chernyshenko has a record in sports management. He was basically the Sochi Olympics GM. He'll have the support. There will be no trouble with funding. Btw it is happening in the KHL what should be happening. A lot of teams gradually move away from being fully sponsored by the state or the likes of Gazprom. It causes growing pains, but it's going the right way.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Does anybody know if Kochervin stays in KHL? Does anybody know the CV of Alexei Krasnov - former Senior Vice President of Sochi-2014 Organizing Committee?

Krasnov is Chernyshenko's right hand throughout their both careers.

Last edited:

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Hi Guys!

Have you heard news about Jonas Andersson?
Last year he played for Yugra Khanty-Mansiysk, but does play hockey anymore?

Thanks a lot!

He currently has no contract as much as I know. Whether there is an injury or anything else I don't know.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I guess his job is (sport)management as well? Right? If so, it is good for KHL. Maybe KHL will improve marketing.

They worked together on Sochi 2014. It's logical Chernyshenko will bring in his team too. What the impact in the marketing department will be, time will tell I guess.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Pretty transparent the situation here.

There was a conflict between KHL and FHR. They decided to make Medvedev a scapegoat(in a good way as I will show further) and replace him with a man who will appeal to the FHR hardsa**es more, just because he's new and they can expect change. In fact the new man comes from the same background and while he'll try to find a better way to deal with the FHR he will not blow it all up. Don't expect significant changes regarding the building process of the league. Also no change in the money department.

Medvedev was sacrificed to pacify that stupid KHL-FHR feud, but was obviously given the support from Putin. I don't know if his move to IIHF is just a temporary one. It can be just not to throw him out in the cold. The one thing certain about this move is as it was made clear by Putin's comments he still has the support and is not considered done. Putin's had a meeting with both Medvedev and Chernyshenko. Obviusly to make sure there is no bad blood and a synergy instead.

Obviusly Medvedev is now with the IIHF and therefore in a way up and over his FHR opponents.

Chernyshenko has a record in sports management. He was basically the Sochi Olympics GM. He'll have the support. There will be no trouble with funding. Btw it is happening in the KHL what should be happening. A lot of teams gradually move away from being fully sponsored by the state or the likes of Gazprom. It causes growing pains, but it's going the right way.

This IIHF council position, was it previously held by someone else from Russia or is it a council where anyone with a hockey management background could join just like that?

loppa*

Wow, genocide, 9-1 CSKA-Severstal.
And that is without Radulov. How come that he did not play?

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
"Steve Moses is in pace for KHL all time goal record". - Finnish tv broadcast team.

He now has 22 markers. Record was like 36 or something. Jokerit! :P

GX

Dec 28, 2011
"Steve Moses is in pace for KHL all time goal record". - Finnish tv broadcast team.

He now has 22 markers. Record was like 36 or something. Jokerit! :P

Four players have set the 35 goal record during different seasons. That's only logical if records get beaten when the regular season is made longer. :)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad