Kevyn Adams - New GM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I wish our ownership would hire people that the bolded sort of question is already answered. Too many times we have to wait and see on the 'maybes'.

That's what they stated in the press conference. They call around the league and get input on people.. they sit down and have an interview or two with someone but you don't get to really know them until you see how they operate day in and day out. At least with Adams they have known him for 9 years.

I don't think you need experience to be a good GM . You just need to know hockey after that a bunch of other factors are going to determine if you're successful or not

PegulasSportsEmpire

Mar 24, 2007
BUFFALO
Botterill’s experience was mostly building through then AHL.

My hope was that he would have the same ripple effect that the 04-05 Amerk had when they became the 05-06 Sabres (Miller, Pominville, Vanek, Roy, Gaustad)

So far that hasn’t happened.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Botterill’s experience was mostly building through then AHL.

My hope was that he would have the same ripple effect that the 04-05 Amerk had when they became the 05-06 Sabres (Miller, Pominville, Vanek, Roy, Gaustad)

So far that hasn’t happened.
This left out the part where Regier accumulated draft capital, drafted a lot of gems, made shrewd trades for young talent and acquired undervalued veterans. The AHL part was totally inconsequential, especially because Vanek, and maybe Miller, were only in Rochester because of the lockout. Botterill had zero experience with building a team. His experience was entirely with an organization with a world class core, that includes the best player in the league, and was in permanent maintenance mode. He was such a terrible fit for what this franchise needed it’s laughable that the Pegulas could ever get a hire right.

PegulasSportsEmpire

Mar 24, 2007
BUFFALO

This makes me feel a little better and hopeful about Dudley.

But faith in the Pegulas doing the right thing is at an all time low and I should know better.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Unless the Pegulas are really broke, the pandemic presents a rare opportunity to hire major talent in all areas of the organization. There's so many big names out there on the hockey ops side. This is the time to flex your financial muscle and build an organization that will be great for years. Unless you're broke or stupid now is the time to go for it.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Unless the Pegulas are really broke, the pandemic presents a rare opportunity to hire major talent in all areas of the organization. There's so many big names out there on the hockey ops side. This is the time to flex your financial muscle and build an organization that will be great for years. Unless you're broke or stupid now is the time to go for it.
It's not going to happen. The Pegulas seem to want fresh and new.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co

What about broke AND stupid? lol

(As regulars can tell, I've reached the absolute depths of sublimed cynicism and sarcasm when it's come to the Pegula's management of the Buffalo Sabres.)

Reactions: brian_griffin

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Kevyn's still finishing up NHL GM For Dummies.
Which one? Hope he reads all editions, including the latest 3rd edition by Jason Botterill. Table of contents:

Chapter:
1. Situations vs. scenarios: similarities and differences.
2. Vision: it's not needed when you're blind.
3. How to speak without really saying anything.
4. Inspirational leadership, and what to do when you have neither.
5. Hockey Centers, and other useless concepts.
6. Sell low, buy high: Why I'm a hockey iconclast.
7. Salary cap, or as I call it "dunce cap".
8. Cap dumps: the NHL equivalent of garbage-picking, and I'm the league's Fred Sanford.
9. Farm clubs: Why 4H is a better use of my time and effort than the Amerks.
10. Bridge deals, and I'm not talking about Brooklyn.
11. The Right "D-men" Stuff: Why you can never have too much of a good thing.
12. No movement clauses and why they've never caused me to pucker when I'm on the pot.
13. Prospect development: How to stall and/or derail young careers in 120 games of indecisive inactivity.
14. Hockey trades: how to bend over and take it.
15. Amateur and Pro Scouting, or how to turn draft picks and waiver acquisitions into a sum that's less than the parts.
16. Playoffs. They're not for everyone.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Which one? Hope he reads all editions, including the latest 3rd edition by Jason Botterill. Table of contents:

Chapter:
8. Cap dumps: the NHL equivalent of garbage-picking, and I'm the league's Fred Sanford.
12. No movement clauses and why they've never caused me to pucker when I'm on the pot.
13. Prospect development: How to stall and/or derail young careers in 120 games of indecisive inactivity.
15. Amateur and Pro Scouting, or how to turn draft picks and waiver acquisitions into a sum that's less than the parts.

I'm sure he has already read Botterill's book "How to Become a NHL GM By Being a Pencil Pusher"

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas

Chapter:

From what I understand, Darcy wrote the foreward for the book but didn't get it faxed over in time for publication.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
From what I understand, Darcy wrote the foreward for the book but didn't get it faxed over in time for publication.
Murray wrote the original forward but they pulled it when they found out the book would have a warning "Must be over 21 to view, may contain explicit content" and would only be available in the adult book stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad