Kevyn Adams - New GM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I don’t get that tweet from Wawrow at all. The Pegulas have canned people for 9 years. They know how this works.

Well with the season being cut off you're already in a hole business wise and the future does not look promising as far as having paying customers so ..I dont know any owner that would be ok with paying out dead money in these conditions

Could be worse. You could be the Mets owner paying Bobby Bonilla today and saying... only 15 more years!

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Well with the season being cut off you're already in a hole business wise and the future does not look promising as far as having paying customers so ..I dont know any owner that would be ok with paying out dead money in these conditions

Could be worse. You could be the Mets owner paying Bobby Bonilla today and saying... only 15 more years!
Rick DiPietro approves this message.

Reactions: Beerz

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I don’t get that tweet from Wawrow at all. The Pegulas have canned people for 9 years. They know how this works.
They probably didn't care or notice until it started causing pain.
As the late senator Everett Dirksen is believed to have said about the way congress spends, “A billion here, a billion there, and pretty soon you're talking real money."

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
ha got my hopes up, i thought there was a good chance they'd announce they've hired Dudley yesterday.

i still think it's going to happen, why would Dudley leave when he seemed to really like Carolina's setup? the only reason I can think of is that the Sabres put out feelers to him.

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
ha got my hopes up, i thought there was a good chance they'd announce they've hired Dudley yesterday.

i still think it's going to happen, why would Dudley leave when he seemed to really like Carolina's setup? the only reason I can think of is that the Sabres put out feelers to him.

Isn't the guy like 70 years old? Maybe he just wants to retire. With everything that is going on and older people being at a higher risk, it could have been an eye opener.

Reactions: brian_griffin

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site

Yesterday was the first day teams could talk to people like Dudley, Futa, Brackett. Joining a front office is a lot more involved then signing as a UFA player. Probably in a week or so we will see some movement. I have a feeling Brackett might go to Seattle and have a lot of power setting up their initial draft. Dudley and Futa should both be priorities for Buffalo if they are serious about turning things around.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Isn't the guy like 70 years old? Maybe he just wants to retire. With everything that is going on and older people being at a higher risk, it could have been an eye opener.
We'll find out for sure when he either signs with another team or announces his retirement. He's not a typical old guy. He's a workout fanatic. When he took the Carolina job at age 69 it was reported he was benching 300lb.

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
The Pegula's are building a family mega yacht, hockey money is getting in the way.

If there is anything worse a billionaire can do is it's to waste money on a mega yacht, not only are they not economic at all they tend to destroy the ocean and now are destroying a beloved fan base from succeeding in watching a winning team.

If the Pegulas are overseeing construction, that !@#$er will sink within a week.

billsandsabres

lurking
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
troy, ny
rick dudley has done it all. coach, GM, AGM, player personnel, scouting, draft table. given how many teams he's worked for, the wide variety of roles he's held, and the 30 years experience in such capacities, you gotta imagine he knows everybody. if a lack of contacts/relationships around the league is in fact a blind spot for adams, then dudley would fill that hole immediately.

anxiously awaiting any material report(s) that these two sides are in fact talking. hoping all the "it makes too much sense" speculation in the twitterverse doesn't end up just being a tease.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Ah the good ole optimism is seeping back in only for it to be crushed in a season and the complaining and comparison of how much of a better GM Botterill was than Adams will start.

I will be a spectator this time. I hope for the best but expect the worst outcome. When you stop caring and putting optimism in with the Sabres it becomes more liberating. You can actually objectively see things better from both sides.

Current Sabres Mood: It is what it is. I've already excepted the fact Eichel is going to want out very soon.
Don't forget the season of "well, it's his first year. Give 'em some time "

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse

Required minimum distributions from IRAs at age 70 1/2 have been suspended due to COVID, so maybe he didn’t get the message he doesn’t have to retire.

71yo. His years in the WHA count.

If the Pegulas are overseeing construction, that !@#$er will sink within a week.
candidate for post of the year!

Reactions: sabremike

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls

There will be movies made about it.
upload_2020-7-2_16-52-35.png

472nbx.jpg

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
The Pegula's are building a family mega yacht, hockey money is getting in the way.

If there is anything worse a billionaire can do is it's to waste money on a mega yacht, not only are they not economic at all they tend to destroy the ocean and now are destroying a beloved fan base from succeeding in watching a winning team.

This is a ridiculous take.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
This is a ridiculous take.
Pegula's current yacht is for sale because they are building a new one.

Terry Pegula | Net Worth $ 5 billion | TOP FIVE Yacht | Christensen

This article and I quote

As she spoke, Pegula had a video presentation, which included the slide, “Pegula Family Goals.” There were three headers listed: “Win Championships,” “Sustainability” and “Return on Investment.”

As she discussed return on investment, Pegula said it also meant maintaining the family’s lifestyle

Bills ownership is accustomed to a certain 'lifestyle' that could hurt its NFL franchise

So how rediculous is it really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad