Kevyn Adams - New GM

Status
Not open for further replies.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Are we certain Dudley is good? Why has he had so many very short stints with different organizations.
Dudley is a tremendous evaluator of talent. He is a guy who wants to be in a rink watching players and games. Everywhere he goes, the drafting improves tremendously. The system he setup in Carolina is exactly what they want to do here. He has been a director of scouting, he has been a GM. He is literally everything this front office needs in a single person. I think he moves around because he is wanted and respected. Brian Burke says he is one of the best talent evaluators he has ever met. Burke told a story where they went to see a junior game and he asked Dudley who he liked. He wrote 5 names on a piece of paper and all 5 ended up becoming 1st round picks the following season. He is never out of a job. He is not a corporate yes man, not someone to be sitting in endless meetings. Let Adams do all that and let Dudley help with the scouting but be an ear for Adams to lean on with anything front office related. Let him focus on hockey and let Adams do all the communicating with the Pegulas. If ever the team is going to hire a former Sabre to come back into the fold, this is it. He is so much better then what they have had here for the last decade scouting wise. He lives here for crying out loud. Make this happen!!!:D

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY
Dudley is a tremendous evaluator of talent. He is a guy who wants to be in a rink watching players and games. Everywhere he goes, the drafting improves tremendously. The system he setup in Carolina is exactly what they want to do here. He has been a director of scouting, he has been a GM. He is literally everything this front office needs in a single person. I think he moves around because he is wanted and respected. Brian Burke says he is one of the best talent evaluators he has ever met. Burke told a story where they went to see a junior game and he asked Dudley who he liked. He wrote 5 names on a piece of paper and all 5 ended up becoming 1st round picks the following season. He is never out of a job. He is not a corporate yes man, not someone to be sitting in endless meetings. Let Adams do all that and let Dudley help with the scouting but be an ear for Adams to lean on with anything front office related. Let him focus on hockey and let Adams do all the communicating with the Pegulas. If ever the team is going to hire a former Sabre to come back into the fold, this is it. He is so much better then what they have had here for the last decade scouting wise. He lives here for crying out loud. Make this happen!!!:D
Sign me the f*** up based off of this

Reactions: Cheese Breadman

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Rick Dudley's hybrid scouting model in Carolina could be option for Sabres

It was this article from last week that had the Burke story. Just reading this article, it would be an absolute joke if they didn’t hire Dudley. He is running the exact system they want to and he has married in person scouting, video scouting and analytics to great success and at a considerable savings to the Hurricanes.

Reactions: Cheese Breadman

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site

Don Cherry mentioned the day of the mass firings that Kevyn Adams could use Mike Futa’s help in Buffalo. Mike Futa retweeted it.

Tells me Futa is interested in joining the organization. Please make it happen.

Adding Dudley and Futa to the front office would be a home run offseason.

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
Dudley...is...intense...and 70. Hire him as a sounding board to oversee buildout of scouting model and let him be the one guy that has a “light” scouting schedule while picking his brain for insight.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Does this mean he's not Penske material?
Much-traveled NHL exec Rick Dudley comes full circle in... (paywall)
Dudley said he’s looking forward to working with very engaged new owner Tom Dundon, but, “Unless he wants me to, or Don wants me to, I’m not picking up the phone and calling him because he’s the owner. He’s the owner and I’m not president and not the GM. That’s a structure sort of thing. I worked in Montreal. Not in a million years did I pick up the and phone call Geoff Molson.

“To me, people that do that are political, and as you know, I don’t like the politics.”

It’s one reason he has bounced around so often.

Very informative article. I didn't realize he was so instrumental in saving the ACHL/ECHL.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Happy Front Office UFA Day! Some big names hitting the market: Dudley, Futa, Brackett among others. If the Sabres are serious about getting the train back on the tracks they would be wise to make a couple impact signings.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I think Dudley would be perfect. He's never been a careerist that works behind the scenes to move up the ladder and create bureaucracies that keep him in power. He gets satisfaction from completing a challenging task. When I look back at Botterill, he was more interested in creating a kingdom than doing things that improved the franchise. Paul Fenton seems to be cut from the same cloth.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Does this mean he's not Penske material?
Much-traveled NHL exec Rick Dudley comes full circle in... (paywall)
Dudley said he’s looking forward to working with very engaged new owner Tom Dundon, but, “Unless he wants me to, or Don wants me to, I’m not picking up the phone and calling him because he’s the owner. He’s the owner and I’m not president and not the GM. That’s a structure sort of thing. I worked in Montreal. Not in a million years did I pick up the and phone call Geoff Molson.

“To me, people that do that are political, and as you know, I don’t like the politics.”

It’s one reason he has bounced around so often.

Very informative article. I didn't realize he was so instrumental in saving the ACHL/ECHL.
Ok, I’m sold. He seems like the goods. And I think both his intensity and his disdain for politics will work well with Adams.

Reactions: Buffaloed

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Crossing my fingers the reason he left the Hurricanes is he wants to help the Sabres, the News article had a quote from him that Buffalo is a special place/team for him.

I have faith he can identify a center to play behind Eichel.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Crossing my fingers the reason he left the Hurricanes is he wants to help the Sabres, the News article had a quote from him that Buffalo is a special place/team for him.

Yup.

Someone go hold up a boombox outside his house and play Careless Whisper on repeat until he officially comes back.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls

I can picture the interview.

Rick Dudley walks into the room. Tears well up in Terry's eyes, "Oh my gosh, it's Rick Dudley! I worshiped you! I just happen to have brought an original 1974-75 Sabres program guide for you to sign" Dudley signs it and Terry breaks down sobbing.

Kim steps in, "Man up Terry. I'll handle this. Let's talk about authenticity Rick. How do I know you're real?"
Dudley, "Allow me to demonstrate. I've always been known for staying in superb physical condition"

Rick shows he can still run pretty fast for a 70 year old.

Last edited:

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Happy Front Office UFA Day! Some big names hitting the market: Dudley, Futa, Brackett among others. If the Sabres are serious about getting the train back on the tracks they would be wise to make a couple impact signings.

The Sabres don't have any money to sign them.

:sarcasm:

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
The Pegula's are building a family mega yacht, hockey money is getting in the way.

If there is anything worse a billionaire can do is it's to waste money on a mega yacht, not only are they not economic at all they tend to destroy the ocean and now are destroying a beloved fan base from succeeding in watching a winning team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig