News Article: Kevin Maxwell and Chris Morehouse leave the Rangers

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Guessing Drury didn't have enough time last season to replace both the amateur and pro scouting departments. Drury prefers the freshly roasted, freshly ground, Italian press coffee and the writing was on the wall for these two guys.

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
Well, that's just about everyone now. I wonder who Drury is going to bring in. Hope we can hire some of these good skills and skating coaches that are being snatched up by every team but us.

Reactions: Lua

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Well, that's just about everyone now. I wonder who Drury is going to bring in. Hope we can hire some of these good skills and skating coaches that are being snatched up by every team but us.

What does that have to do with scouting lol.

Not everyone has skating and skill coaches. We have skill coaches… we should get better ones.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I feel like the Rangers pro scoring has been excellent - pulled some aces out of thin air. And NA amateur scouting seems to have been really good the last few seasons. I am guessing these guys are moving into better jobs. Anyone know?

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
I feel like the Rangers pro scoring has been excellent - pulled some aces out of thin air. And NA amateur scouting seems to have been really good the last few seasons. I am guessing these guys are moving into better jobs. Anyone know?

JD probably gave Morehouse a promotion.

Reactions: Tob and egelband

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Kevin Maxwell was in his position for a while. He joined the Rangers in the late 2000's. Maxwell worked for Islanders with Gordie Clark. Is Jeff Gorton hiring Maxwell?

Chris Morehouse. Going to work for his father in law is so blah. Is Mike Grier hiring any Rangers personnel? Maybe Grier is hiring Morehouse as an AGM or Director of Player Personnel.

Chris Drury needs to hire an entire new scouting staff. It seems the European guys are staying except for Otto Hascak.

Reactions: egelband

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Kevin Maxwell was in his position for a while. He joined the Rangers in the late 2000's. Maxwell worked for Islanders with Gordie Clark. Is Jeff Gorton hiring Maxwell?

Chris Morehouse. Going to work for his father in law is so blah. Is Mike Grier hiring any Rangers personnel? Maybe Grier is hiring Morehouse as an AGM or Director of Player Personnel.

Chris Drury needs to hire an entire new scouting staff. It seems the European guys are staying except for Otto Hascak.

Chris Morehouse wants to be closer to family, so despite Calgary offering more money, he's going to Columbus :laugh:

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Chris Morehouse wants to be closer to family, so despite Calgary offering more money, he's going to Columbus :laugh:
Gaudreau said Columbus is close to their families in New Jersey but it’s not that close. If the Flyers had the cap space and made him an offer, Gaudreau was taking it. He didn’t want to play for the Devils.

JD was not around during free agency. Columbus put out a video of their room on July 13. Their AGM was on the phone with JD telling him about the Gundbranson signing. The AGM said 4 times 4. JD said yeah. Really?

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Gaudreau said Columbus is close to their families in New Jersey but it’s not that close. If the Flyers had the cap space and made him an offer, Gaudreau was taking it. He didn’t want to play for the Devils.

JD was not around during free agency. Columbus put out a video of their room on July 13. Their AGM was on the phone with JD telling him about the Gundbranson signing. The AGM said 4 times 4. JD said yeah. Really?

This is honestly fascinating. The video doesn’t really give too much more insight into his decision making process, it to me just cements the idea that it was a hasty decision that really came out of nowhere.

It blows my mind that guys make these multi year multi million dollar decisions about their relatively short careers in this manner.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
This is honestly fascinating. The video doesn’t really give too much more insight into his decision making process, it to me just cements the idea that it was a hasty decision that really came out of nowhere.

It blows my mind that guys make these multi year multi million dollar decisions about their relatively short careers in this manner.
I saw the video again. I thought it was JD saying yeah. It was the agent. Gudbranson tells Derek Dorsett that Gaudreau wants to play in Columbus. Dorsett tells Nash who tells Jarmo and the AGM. Columbus calls the agent.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
When Tanner Glass is helping these prospects I am not expecting much sadly. They need guys with more skill to develop them. Imagine if Othmann has a Tanner Glass type of career.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Gaudreau has 2 siblings who live in Ohio.

Reactions: egelband and CLW

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
When Tanner Glass is helping these prospects I am not expecting much sadly. They need guys with more skill to develop them. Imagine if Othmann has a Tanner Glass type of career.

This is such a narrow-minded view. Just because someone was a good player, doesn't mean they're good at developing other players.

The same is true the other way around. Tanner Glass and Jed Ortmeyer's skills on the ice are not really indicative of their ability to help others develop. That doesn't mean they'er good at it per se, but this notion that a 4th liner by definition cannot develop top prospects is flawed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad