Kevin Lowes sorry record for the Oilers...

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
Amazing that people on this board still thumb their nose at Burke who has a far, far better overall track record and rebuilt the Leafs in a shorter time span with the benefit of zero top 3 picks.

The worst part of KLowe is his arrogance. They way he treat(s) and treated players was appalling. The treatment / head games he played with Mike Comrie in 2003 resonated throughout the hockey world (NHLPA, the agents, the players, other GM's) and was a clear message to the players what kind of treatment you could expect if you came to Edmonton.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
That is so funny every time I watch it. He couldn't help, but add in his two cents.

Lets say Lowe comes out tonight and says he is done. Then what?

Sometimes I think it is too easy to just blame everything on Lowe. If Lowe quits tonight, what will happen?

Will the Gm change? Coach change?

Or is the big thing everybody questions is that possibly Lowe has Katz's ear and is giving him bad advice?
Then the search is on for a QUALITY hockey guy to replace him and it's at that time where the REAL rebuild actually happens. If he quits today then the process begins tomorrow. If it happens five years from now then the process begins five years from now and we will have wasted nine years instead of just four.

OfferSheet

Oct 11, 2008
Sure you can blame Lowe, but what would you expect him to do? Step down? The real guy to blame here is Katz for keeping this dummy in his position for so long.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
Does Katz know that the "Once an Oiler, always an Oiler" saying doesn't have to be taken literally?

Fire this clown already.

TylerSVT*

One playoff appearance so far.

I've said numerous times that Burke cannot find a decent goalie and that is what we need most right now.

One Playoff performance more than the Oilers, im sure 99% of this fan base would KILL for one playoff appearance.

Some of you fans deserve a winning team after so many years of crap.

Consultant

Sep 12, 2010
Lowe, Mac T etc know how to do their jobs they just need a bit more time...
Mac T is responsible for player movement and he has only been on the job a couple months. They need more time, might sound crazy but I think its true.
Hate to be the odd man out, but I do like Lowe, and I like a lot of the moves he's made over the years, many forced by players not liking Edmonton. He would do anything for this club, including fighting Burke in a barn. He is Oilers to the core and has given his all to the team and city.
I don't think he's the problem, just a good scapegoat.
Now is not the time to hit reset.

Playa Hejda

Oct 9, 2013
#yeg
Mac T is responsible for player movement and he has only been on the job a couple months. They need more time, might sound crazy but I think its true.
Hate to be the odd man out, but I do like Lowe, and I like a lot of the moves he's made over the years, many forced by players not liking Edmonton. He would do anything for this club, including fighting Burke in a barn. He is Oilers to the core and has given his all to the team and city.

So then what exactly is the problem? 7 or 3 (depends how we're counting) years of losing isn't enough time? Frankly, I'm not sure what's worse. A 7 year rebuild or a 3 year rebuild plus 4 years of losing when the were TRYING to win. Or eight. Whatever.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007

Same reset every year or so.

Oh Quinn and tambo need a bit of time.
Oh Renney needs some time to fix the mess of Quinn.
Oh Krueger needs some time to fix Renneys mess.
Oh Mact and Eakins need some time to fix Kruegers mess.

They are out of time. 5 years in a row of top 10 picks, no playoffs in what six years or so? Time is up. Produce wins or gtfo.

Also re MacT. Lowe hires a coach who failed here after he had a whopping 1 year as exec vice president. He then goes out an hires another fail in Scott howson, have retained 2 sad sack assistants that have some how endured through numerous coaching changes.

No sorry, as un fair as it might be MacT and Eakins get no 'time' to 'fix' things.

SeriousBusiness

T.Hall da man
Oct 5, 2003
I'd be fine if Lowe was replaced, but even if it were done today, it wouldn't have any effect on the team this year.

Gobo

Stop looking Gare
Jun 29, 2010

Kevin Lowe knows about winning , if there is ever a concern

Half the general managers in the league would trade their roster for our roster.

:cry::cry::cry:

Also, had never watched that video before. My god, why was Kevin so heated? Sensitive dude.

moog35

Jul 25, 2007

Burke was right about Lowe running the team into the sewers. At the end of the clip its cut off but Lowe calls Bobby Ryan a suspect pick at number 2 overall and goes on about how Anaheim has no prospects.

missinthejets

Dec 24, 2005
I don't think Lowe was all that bad of a GM until the whole business with Pronger wanting out started. I think the cup finals and then losing Pronger kind of made him lose his mind and bit and he started doing a lot of crazy things as a GM. Prior to that I think he did an OK job considering the circumstances. After that he went nuts and they're still trying to dig out of that.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Flames fan coming in peace. We had the same issue with Sutter bringing in all of his brothers and cousins and it made for unaccountable place of nepotism. While I was one of many who wanted Ken King moved or gone, we at least got him taking less of a role in hockey. While Burke has its critics, we're just happy there was something done. We feel for you in this regard if people believe its a problem.

Best of luck and hopefully the BoA will return to its glory!

Lummer Hummer

Nov 3, 2007
It's not just Kevin Lowe that we need to jettison - it's the entire negative aura of the team. I've been a fan my entire life, but when a team finishes in the bottom half of the standings for something like 22 years straight (or since 1993), it can't be just one man, especially since he only started wreaking havoc in 2000. Believe me, I detest Lowe more than anybody, but it's everybody in the font office, scouting staff, coaching staff - remember the popular thought that MacT would be "snapped up" as soon as he was fired? Jesus, I honestly don't know if there is anybody in the entire organization who would be hired by another team in the league - & with some real winners out there, that's saying something.
You're right, though - the real problem is Katz. But he ain't going anywhere, is he?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad