Kevin Lowes sorry record for the Oilers...

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
13 years
9 years missed playoffs
4 years playoffs made
In only one year has the team won a playoff series out of 13, the miracle cup run with Roloson stealing a couple of series and Pronger at his best.

Essentially he has had one good year as GM and even then I'm suspicious on how much he had to do with it.

Things could have even been worse if some of his brain child moves actually worked out (Heatley, Nylander)

This has been the one constant with this team. A guy with zero accountability running the show and thoroughly deluded into thinking he is doing a good job. He has been so used to be lofted softballs by the media over the years he goes off on a wild rant about tiers of fans and his 6 rings if even one media guy asks a tough question.

Forget the goalies.
Forget the GM.
Forget the coach.

Until we have any accountability and or competence from the top of this organization we are going no where. Too bad Katz is just a pure fan boy that gobbles up whatever is fed to him. People used to laugh at Wang and Snow, Snyder and Holmgren, Our combo is worse.

Captain Mittens*

Kevin Lowe knows about winning , if there is ever a concern

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
That is so funny every time I watch it. He couldn't help, but add in his two cents.

Lets say Lowe comes out tonight and says he is done. Then what?

Sometimes I think it is too easy to just blame everything on Lowe. If Lowe quits tonight, what will happen?

Will the Gm change? Coach change?

Or is the big thing everybody questions is that possibly Lowe has Katz's ear and is giving him bad advice?

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
That is so funny every time I watch it. He couldn't help, but add in his two cents.

Lets say Lowe comes out tonight and says he is done. Then what?

Sometimes I think it is too easy to just blame everything on Lowe. If Lowe quits tonight, what will happen?

Will the Gm change? Coach change?

Or is the big thing everybody questions is that possibly Lowe has Katz's ear and is giving him bad advice?

Lowe gets virtually no blame in the grand scheme of things. None from the media and very little from the fans if you look at this forum regularly. We all talk about Renney or tambo or mact or macgregor or eakins.

cyril*

Lowe gets virtually no blame in the grand scheme of things. None from the media and very little from the fans if you look at this forum regularly. We all talk about Renney or tambo or mact or macgregor or eakins.

It has been seven years of no playoffs and you're going to get impatient now???

Typical tier 2 fan.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Lowe has to go its as simple as that. Until then the oilers will be an old boys club and our failure will never change. Kevin Lowe is an arrogant ***** and has ruined any respect I had for him from his accomplishments as a player.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
13 years
9 years missed playoffs
4 years playoffs made
In only one year has the team won a playoff series out of 13, the miracle cup run with Roloson stealing a couple of series and Pronger at his best.

Essentially he has had one good year as GM and even then I'm suspicious on how much he had to do with it.

Things could have even been worse if some of his brain child moves actually worked out (Heatley, Nylander)

This has been the one constant with this team. A guy with zero accountability running the show and thoroughly deluded into thinking he is doing a good job. He has been so used to be lofted softballs by the media over the years he goes off on a wild rant about tiers of fans and his 6 rings if even one media guy asks a tough question.

Forget the goalies.
Forget the GM.
Forget the coach.

Until we have any accountability and or competence from the top of this organization we are going no where. Too bad Katz is just a pure fan boy that gobbles up whatever is fed to him. People used to laugh at Wang and Snow, Snyder and Holmgren, Our combo is worse.

Amazing that people on this board still thumb their nose at Burke who has a far, far better overall track record and rebuilt the Leafs in a shorter time span with the benefit of zero top 3 picks.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Amazing that people on this board still thumb their nose at Burke who has a far, far better overall track record and rebuilt the Leafs in a shorter time span with the benefit of zero top 3 picks.

One playoff appearance so far.

I've said numerous times that Burke cannot find a decent goalie and that is what we need most right now.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
It has been seven years of no playoffs and you're going to get impatient now???

Typical tier 2 fan.

I hated most of what he did before the 'rebuild'. One year after the salary cap in which he was gifted pronger, made some nice moves in getting roloson, spacek, that other dman...name started with a T. Other than that it's been pure disaster. But what you say is true, I am a tier 2 fan.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
I could have sworn it was Horcoff's fault.

Kevin Lowe handed a 3rd line plugger top dollar to go along with obscene term because his owner promised to spend to the cap and they utterly failed in all free agency and trade moves. As for Horcoff, seen his stat line now that he is truly getting 3rd line minutes and 3rd line linemates and no pp time in Dallas? 6 games, zero goals , zero assists, -4

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
You forgot Vanek. Imagine Ebb's, MPS, Hall and RNH on Buffalo.

Also, who really built the team that he took to the playoffs in 2000 to 2003. It wasn't KLowe, those were Sather built teams.

I've said since the beginning this guy destroyed the Oilers, and there is no hiding from it. His so called Chicago/Pitts style rebuild is clearly more a NYI, Florida style rebuild.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad