Injury Report: Kevin Klein - Post #1 For All Updates: Klein says he's good to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site

I would love to see them sit Boyle. But thats unlikely to happen since he plays the PP and Hunwick doesnt.

Still, getting Klein back will help our pairings big time:
McDonagh - Girardi
Yandle - Staal
Boyle - Klein

Klein should at least be able to save Boyle's ass a little more often than Hunwick does. Klein also has that big shot, which can't hurt with the type of massive rebounds MAF is giving up!:yo:P

I would actually like to see McDonagh with Yandle on 1st PP and then lets keep Boyle and Klein together for 2nd PP! That should be sweet!

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
Waiting for 100%? Who do you think you are? D Rose?? It's the playoffs for God's sake. If you're close to 100% just play man come on!

That's what I'm thinking. The team is playing this series too fast and loose with the personnel decisions. Waiting until he's 100%? We have people playing that are clearly not fully healthy. Add to that the Glass situation and we are not icing the best team that we could be. Why? Because we "should" win the series anyway? Newsflash: the series is tied and the Penguins are not just rolling over and dying as many seemed to think. We need our best players and we need them now.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
That's what I'm thinking. The team is playing this series too fast and loose with the personnel decisions. Waiting until he's 100%? We have people playing that are clearly not fully healthy. Add to that the Glass situation and we are not icing the best team that we could be. Why? Because we "should" win the series anyway? Newsflash: the series is tied and the Penguins are not just rolling over and dying as many seemed to think. We need our best players and we need them now.

I agree on all points.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
This is a man who finished [and I believe scored] in a game in which he had a portion of his ear torn off.

If he isn't playing, it's because he can't. It's not because he won't.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Not so good to have any player back too early, feeling uncomfortable enough to fumble the puck and muff passes.

Bring him back when he is good enough, not necessarily 100%. It's the playoffs.

Steezer99

Jan 21, 2015
Connecticut
Waiting for 100%? Who do you think you are? D Rose?? It's the playoffs for God's sake. If you're close to 100% just play man come on!

Klein is pretty tough but it's not him making the decision, av might think he's a liability if he's not 100%. Either way he's most likely back for tomorrow. And Ya it is the playoffs so if he's not fully recovered he won't be able to play at the level of playoff hockey

schabadoo

Feb 16, 2012
Klein is pretty tough but it's not him making the decision, av might think he's a liability if he's not 100%. Either way he's most likely back for tomorrow. And Ya it is the playoffs so if he's not fully recovered he won't be able to play at the level of playoff hockey

Where did you see that he's most likely back tomorrow? I thought he might not play this series.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
I miss Klein :cry::cry::cry: He needs to come back ASAP and stabilize the D pairings on the PK. I get nervous anytime I see Boyle or Yandle on the PK. Boyle has been good for us but he's not showing it in this series so far.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
listened to Ron Duguay on the radio and he was pretty blunt that he doesn't think klein is close to coming back.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Agreed. And I think he has even elevated his game a bit since then. Thought he was moving real well last night. Not to mention his nastiness has gone up; has an edge to him

The play in game 2 where Boyle had to switch on to Crosby at the last second and missed him, because of McDonagh's pathetic backcheck, is probably still burned in everyone's head.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Adam Graves was on Michael Kay's show on Friday. He said Klein would return later in the series. Klein didn't talk to the media today. Yesterday it appeared Klein would be back for game 4. Hunwick has been fine. It's 6 weeks tomorrow since the injury. They said 4-6 weeks.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Still think it's weird that he'd travel and not play. He has to be close if he's with the team. If there was no chance of him playing in game 4 then he would have stayed in NY I think. Hope to see him out there soon.

Khelvan

Apr 5, 2002
Oakland, CA
If he's practicing with the team he's been cleared for contact, yes?

In that case it's probably a situation where he is in no danger by playing, but is not at 100%, and so if the Rangers were down in the series he'd likely step in, but as the Rangers are up he's likely being given more rest.

Nanaki

Mar 29, 2008
Danbury, CT
It sounds as if they are going to try to make it through this series without him. If they were down in the series I think he could probably go. No need to rush him back at 90 percent and risk an injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad