Injury Report: Kevin Klein - Post #1 For All Updates: Klein says he's good to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
That's what I'm thinking. The team is playing this series too fast and loose with the personnel decisions. Waiting until he's 100%? We have people playing that are clearly not fully healthy. Add to that the Glass situation and we are not icing the best team that we could be. Why? Because we "should" win the series anyway? Newsflash: the series is tied and the Penguins are not just rolling over and dying as many seemed to think. We need our best players and we need them now.

while I agree that guys are playing banged up, no one is playing with a recently repaired broken arm.

I trust the player in that his idea of 100% at this point in the season is really 70% and that if this were 3 months ago, Klein is probably out another 2 weeks.

we're up 2-1 without Klein. The more we win, then less urgency is needed for his return.

if he sits again tonight and we win, I'd let him sit Friday as well.

If you can get guys to actually be 100% at this point in the season, then you do it. The level of desperation is not there at this moment.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
For any of you who remember old school WWf, why can't he go with a steel cast like Lex Luger? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Surprised though because I remember Rucinsky playing in the playoffs with the Rangers while having a bad broken finger.

Still, if he can't go, he can't go. They need him sooner rather than later.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
For any of you who remember old school WWf, why can't he go with a steel cast like Lex Luger? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Surprised though because I remember Rucinsky playing in the playoffs with the Rangers while having a bad broken finger.

WCW not WWF.

Get it right. :p:

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Naw, I was refering to his run in the WWF from 92-95 when he was The Narcisist and then All American Lex Luger. He had a "steel plate" in his arm that led to the flying forearm as his finisher.

Ah before my time. I started watching mid 90s, the beggining of NWO.

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003

Or Cowboy Bob Orton and HIS steel cast!

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
:laugh: I remember this. Of course who can forget Lex Luger's face turn when he showed up and body slammed Yokozuna.

I actually stopped watching wrestling for about 4.5 years at that point. I was a big fan of Ultimate Warrior, Texas Tornado, Demolition, LOD, etc. and by that time most of those guys were gone. I didn't really care too much for "The New Generation".

HBK was an awesome athlete though.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
When Klein was talking about being 100%--he's not talking about skating shape etc. One thing he said was that he overdid trying to rush back and it stalled the progress he was making and his arm sometimes would go numb. He needs that arm for more than just stick handling and shooting. He needs it to be able to physically defend--to push off and push away players. It's a matter of getting enough strength back in it at least to the point that he's not a liability when he's on the ice.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
When Klein was talking about being 100%--he's not talking about skating shape etc. One thing he said was that he overdid trying to rush back and it stalled the progress he was making and his arm sometimes would go numb. He needs that arm for more than just stick handling and shooting. He needs it to be able to physically defend--to push off and push away players. It's a matter of getting enough strength back in it at least to the point that he's not a liability when he's on the ice.

Yeah, I think re-injury is what they are more worried about. It's understandable. It's better to be conservative in this situation.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Rest Klein & win tonight. Caps vs Isles hopefully goes to 7 grueling duels. Practice into shape while "resting". Profit.

If he is ready, he should play. Getting a game in against the Penguins when they are up 3-1 would be a perfect spot for him to work his way back into game action. You can practice all you want but you can't shake off the rust through practice, that happens in games. I'd rather him do that in game 5 than in Game 1 of the Semi's.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Question is, who do you take out of the lineup. You know its going to be Hunwick, but the way Boyle has played... I don't know. Taking out Hunwick will set the pairs Lefty Righty though.

McDonagh Girardi
Yandle Klein
Staal Boyle

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
At this point, as much as I would love to play him, I wouldn't unless there's a game 7. The risk of potentially losing Klein to reinjury in an attempt to win one game when we have three chances to do so doesn't make much sense.

I don't think he runs the risk of reinjury at this point, its about strength. He wouldn't be in practice taking slapshots and hits if he could potentially have a setback. Get him in there. There's no way to simulate an NHL game, he needs minutes.

So if they get to a game 7 you want one of your 6 defenseman to be knocking off rust in such an important game? Or would you rather have had him play 2 games already? I think if he's ready to go and he's comfortable, now is the time to get him in there.

Last edited:

free0717

Apr 14, 2004
Old Bridge, NJ
Is Klein eligable to go to the AHL for a conditioning game? If Rangers win tonight
He can play a game Sat or Sun just to get some game time work in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad