Injury Report: Kevin Klein - Post #1 For All Updates: Klein says he's good to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khelvan

Apr 5, 2002
Oakland, CA
Your right guys, I apologize. I forgot how often players get shot at with a puck from from shots from the far blue line. And this is AO we are talking about, he would never go out of his way to injure a player. Silly me.
What are you on about? He shot the puck toward the net, not "at" someone. At worst he was looking to use the two players crossing in front of him as a screen.

This is silly, and an example of why our fanbase gets a bad rap.

Last edited:

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
This Ovechkin thing has to be by far the most absurd thing i have read on the Ranger board in years and i've seen it all.

You're going to make asinine assumptions that ovechkin decided to shoot a puck intentionally at someone to injure them, THROUGH his own teamate in the process and snipe Klein's elbow, Okay. :laugh:

I like how he says ovechkin knew he couldn't score and knew he shouldn't shoot it on net (literally hockey 101 get everything on net you never know) so you think ovechkin would think i can't score but instead i will become a Wizard and throw some sort of snipe bullet puck at a player instead, dodging my teammate completely but hitting a ranger just right to shatter his arm. All part of the plan!

I can't even type this out without bursting out laughing :biglaugh:

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Okay, you guys have your opinion, I have mine. You NEVER see someone getting hit above the waste one a "shot" from your side of the red line.

Regardless it was a stupid, reckless shot/dump in that wasnt needed because he knew he wasnt scoring a goal from there anyway. AO just being a baby cause his team was about to lose.

Posts like this is what gives our fanbase a bad name. Caps board would be having a field day right about now.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
Your right guys, I apologize. I forgot how often players get shot at with a puck from from shots from the far blue line. And this is AO we are talking about, he would never go out of his way to injure a player. Silly me.

I like how you try to make everyone else out to be unreasonable.

Let's ban shots through traffic from hockey.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
What are you on about? He shot the puck toward the net, not "at" someone. At worst he was looking to use the two players crossing in front of him as a screen.

This is silly, and an example of why our fanbase gets a bad rap.

Posts like this is what gives our fanbase a bad name. Caps board would be having a field day right about now.

I thought other teams fans hated us because the Rangers signed a lot of free-agents yet still played like crap, because we were perceived to have driven up the salary prices in the league, and because there is at times a general mistrust of New Yorkers.

I didn't think our fans had a bad name because of something one guy said that is rarely said.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I don't think it's out of the question that AO was trying to whip the puck at one of our players, it's completely plausible I can easily believe he would do that. There's no definitive proof either way so I don't see why everyone is arguing about this you can't say for sure one way or another. The best revenge is beating them in 7 if we see the Saps in round 2

lilphildub

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2009
If anything he looks like he's aiming for his own player more than Klein. You guys are delusional if you think it was on purpose...

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Holy crap people get your panties out of a bunch and stop whining about Ovechkin. He shot the puck in. It's hockey, you are supposed to shoot the puck at the net. He did exactly what hockey players do.

It sucks Klein got hurt but stop acting butt hurt like it's someones fault.

Well said. This is Habs-fans esque. :shakehead:shakehead

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
If anything he looks like he's aiming for his own player more than Klein. You guys are delusional if you think it was on purpose...

Of all the guys in the league that could hit a mark like that in traffic, I would put AO at the top of the list. Best sniper there is, he could definitely hit a player on purpose with his own guys criss crossing. There's no evidence to suggest that he did though, most likely he was just taking a random wrister at the net

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Anyone on here long enough to know my posting history would know that I have long advocated for players to shoot pucks at shot blockers "appendages" (hands, arms, unprotected parts of the legs, etc.) when shots aren't getting through.

If player equipment is going to get to the place where it can be used to tactical advantage, I have no problem with another team using fear of a potential long term injury to counter the shot blocking.

Frankly, the shot blocking has gotten beyond stupid. Players shouldn't be diving in front of slapshots because coaches like Tortorella think it's "playing the right way".

Cliffy1814

Nov 10, 2011
I don't think it's out of the question that AO was trying to whip the puck at one of our players, it's completely plausible I can easily believe he would do that. There's no definitive proof either way so I don't see why everyone is arguing about this you can't say for sure one way or another. The best revenge is beating them in 7 if we see the Saps in round 2

It's actually could be a strategy to get teams that like to block alot of shots to stop trying to block so many shots.
It was talked about during the Torts years. Some color commentator/ former player said that against teams like the Rangers he was taught that if you if you have no other options and they take the shooting lanes away then blast the puck into them (provided you had people behind you to cover a breakout) Not into their face, not with intent to injure, but every time they get hit and have a bruise maybe they are a little less likely to get in front of the next one.

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
I wouldnt b surprised if Klein gets 1 AHL game on a conditioning stint this weekend (saturday/sunday)... He's really been out long now... Uffff.

FOD

Jul 26, 2011
I wouldnt b surprised if Klein gets 1 AHL game on a conditioning stint this weekend (saturday/sunday)... He's really been out long now... Uffff.

Klein has not been cleared to practice with the team yet by team doctors. After he is cleared he will have a couple team practices and jump right into the lineup. No AHL games. I don't see him coming back until game 5 or 6 at the earliest.

https://twitter.com/NYRangers/status/589117993214484480

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
It's so frustrating to see ***ing Kane playing but not Klein. Guess some players heal faster.

Apples and oranges here:

Kane had surgery which speeds up the healing process. I am sure they put screws and/or plates to help the fusing of the bone.

Also, the clavicle is a rather stable part of the body where as the elbow is obviously part of a lot more movement.

Kane got hurt on Feb 25th, and KK, March 11th.

Sirius Vivace

Mar 15, 2015
I miss Klein, but Hunwick's been OK. It's obvious AV doesn't fully trust him, though...which is reflected in his TOI. The only guys that had less ice time than Hunwick last night were the 4th liners. I didn't see any glaring mistakes by Hunwick , though. He made a couple of decent outlet passes and even hit the post when he rushed in from the point in the third. Almost a goal...

frozenrubber

Sponsor
Nov 27, 2005
Brooklyn
Apples and oranges here:

Kane had surgery which speeds up the healing process. I am sure they put screws and/or plates to help the fusing of the bone.

Also, the clavicle is a rather stable part of the body where as the elbow is obviously part of a lot more movement.

Kane got hurt on Feb 25th, and KK, March 11th.

I also find it really odd when Ranger fans are complaining about injury recovery time.

The Rangers medical staff is beyond topnotch, getting players like McDonagh and others back in record time. Happy to see Klein can at least keep his conditioning up while healing.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Gotta realize that Klein would be back by now if it were his right arm and not his left. The top hand is more important and as a defenseman you need to poke check and be strong on your stick, at times only using one hand. That's where all of the puck handling skills generate from as well.

Gotta believe his legs and conditioning are close to par (certainly not game ready until he gets through a couple). Lets just hope he doesn't find himself in a long Overtime game or two in his first few games back. Im sure the coaching staff will manage his time correctly and ease his minutes up when he arrives.

Hunwick has been better than a 6th man replacement imo. He makes smart decisions, has good speed, fits into the system, doesn't make many mistakes and can chip in offensively with a good shot on net. He hasn't hurt this team which is why they need to give Klein the time he needs to be as close to 100% as possible. The thing is he will have to play a few games to get there. While I don't expect him to take too long to knock off the rust, this is the playoffs and one bad play could be a difference maker.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Why rush KK when we are winning anyway? He will be allowed to heal. Kane was rushed because he's just more important to the team and even in pain is more effective than Chicago's 13F. That's not true for Klein-Hunwick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad