Injury Report: Kevin Klein - Post #1 For All Updates: Klein says he's good to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Twitter user asked Zipay, "Any word on Klein"

“@stevezipay: Not from team, but IMO, he'll miss some games

damicius

Dec 10, 2008
Prague
Sure hope so. After the puck hit his arm he couldn't hold on to his stick, and he looked to be in some serious pain going off and down the hallway.

Serious pain is a good sign. I used to play hockey and had a lot of injuries. Less pain=worse injury. Torn tendon, clean fracture, there was no pain at all(at the moment). Serious pain was, when bones in elbow moved (i almost fainted), and it was ok after 3 weeks. Or direct hit to muscle, when i had like 3inch bruise, but it was also OK after 2-3weeks.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
With my experience with broken bones, not personally, but other people in my family, you know right away after the xray if it's broken. So maybe no news is good news?

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Dmicius thx for your insight. I hope you are right.

I didn't like the sign of it though, anything else than a broken bone and 5-7 weeks or whatever will be good news for me.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
With my experience with broken bones, not personally, but other people in my family, you know right away after the xray if it's broken. So maybe no news is good news?

Don't think the team will release anything until the media talks to AV?

Question is, do we give McIlrath, who by all accounts has been ripping up the AHL recently, a shot?

Or, do we go

L-R
L-R
L-L

And plug Hunwick back in?

No matter how many games Klein misses, 1 or 10, this is a huge loss.

Mr Clutch

Jan 21, 2014
Virginia
Klein could also be getting a MRI depending on where the puck hit. I doubt they want another Stepan situation where an initial "contusion" diagnosis was wrong.
Thats exactly what i was thinking...cant have that happen again, not this time of tbe year. Bring up the undertaker!!!!

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
Just have to hope it's not too serious. You know SOMETHING had to happen with this team. Couldn't just ride the best defense in the league into the playoffs. Some kind of wrinkle had to be introduced. Well... remember when McD came back last year and tore it up after initially being tentative? A ready and rested Klein and Henrik isn't the worst thing in the world. I honestly think AV is letting off the gas a little bit (not scoring a ton of goals recently) because he knows they play a lot of back to backs and a lot of games before the real season begins.

Mr Clutch

Jan 21, 2014
Virginia

Question is, do we give McIlrath, who by all accounts has been ripping up the AHL recently, a shot?

Or, do we go

L-R
L-R
L-L

Well, we will probably bring another dman up anyway if klein misses time just to have a spare and i think we have the cap space for an ahl'er.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Really depends... I took a hard wrist shot off a shin without padding during a skate and had ridiculous pain, a golf-ball sized lump, and it was nothing but a bad bruise.

Also fractured a finger with some nice bruising and swelling. Really just depends on the individual and a roll of the dice.

I'm kind of hoping the wrap is indicative of it not being a break, but I don't know.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Better not be kostka though. ...

hvqjr6.jpg
08RoX2t.jpg

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Only- Yeah, but I don't like how he keeps playing and then drop the stick like that in the middle of a motion. I've broken fingers without noticing until I got back to the bench. He looked a bit scared there, and he probably been hit hard a lot in his life ...

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

Or, do we go

L-R
L-R
L-L

Wouldn't move either Staal or McDonagh to the right side. Staal has vision issues--McDonagh was put there in emergency by AV and Kane ****ed up his shoulder for him. We don't need a right side issue morphing into a left side issue.

AV will probably try Hunwick and if that doesn't work out--his other options are Yandle--whether he's ever played the right side I don't know or a call up and that would be McIlrath.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
Only- Yeah, but I don't like how he keeps playing and then drop the stick like that in the middle of a motion. I've broken fingers without noticing until I got back to the bench. He looked a bit scared there, and he probably been hit hard a lot in his life ...

Probably because he thought it was a quick stinger and then the pain continued. He knows where the game is and where the season is and got to the bench.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@NYP_Brooksie: This can't be good: Klein going back to NY to be examined by team physicians after blocking Ovechkin shot with left arm at 19:41 of 3d.”

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
It would really suck if Klein was out for a significant amount of time. Who would pair with Hunwick? Boyle probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad