Rumor: Kevin Hayes to Chicago?

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I do, but that marks him as a dumb drone then. And we're still run by the folks that supposedly slighted his crew.

I'd be okay, but I'm not sure what his asking price would be and I wouldn't want us to be the top bidder.
Eh, trusting your older brother over your older brothers boss isn’t that crazy.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Did Buccigross say anything about Big Buff? I'd rather see him back in a Hawks sweater.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Rather sign brock Nelson
agreed.

I have been on the Jets board much of the past 2 years, watching as many of their games as well - Kayes started off looking great playing with Connor and Ehlers, but since then his role has been diminsihed and he has bounced around different lines. I think he would be a nice add here, but AA pretty much does what Kayes currently does only a step slower and a tad inferior offensively. With that said, I wouldn't be opposed to Kayes but he kind of looks like just another guy out there for the Jets and maybe that is just how he has been getting deployed, but last night was the first game in a while he looked good.

Brock Nelson is similar to Kayes and AA, bigger centers with some skill that can bounce around between center and wing. If we want to target a player like this, then go with Nelson, I just think he is a more motivated person/player in general, was raised in this sport with his uncles the Christians..Kayes reminds me more of Saad with low key, frustrating efforts at times, just not a guy to run a line on his own...

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
What incentive does Buccigross really have though to say definitively that Hayes will be a Hawk..can’t recall where but I read he’s friendly with the Hayes’ brothers but could be wrong

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
What incentive does Buccigross really have though to say definitively that Hayes will be a Hawk..can’t recall where but I read he’s friendly with the Hayes’ brothers but could be wrong

I am interested to see if they mention it in Spittin Chiclets.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I hope not.

I really dont think he’s that good.

If you can get him at like, 4x4 sure. More than that on term or money and Id walk away. His potential impact isnt commensurate with anything more.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
It's got us talking about Buccigross.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
x-Toews-Kane
DBC-Strome-x
Saad-Hayes-x

Is a good lookin’ top 9, especially if Toews is shifting away from being our shutdown C

x-Kampf-Kahun as a shut down line. Thats a damn solid foundation to build a lineup. Doesn’t necessarily need to be Hayes but a center like him at 3C really makes the lineup come together

Reactions: TPOEJ6489

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
BK or Toews2Bickell ...

Can one of you guys change your avatar? It's confusing. There are plenty of Stan Bowman pictures to choose from. :)

superbowman2.jpg

Reactions: b1e9a8r5s

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Not opposed to adding Kayes (and subtracting AA), but the money and term have to be reasonable. If not, no go. No more than $6M and 5 years (trying to be realistic here).

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Too many decisions to make to worry about signing a multiyear, big money bottom 6 type. Save the capspace to plug a different hole.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Is he that much better and more effective than AA?

He’s 4 years younger than AA and yes he’s better defensively. He also doesn’t carry the puck into the zone with zero awareness and shoot the puck into the oppositions shins 4 times a game.

Edit: if we can upgrade AA to Hayes for only 1.5M more you do it.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
Caggiula-Toews-Kane
DeBrincat-Strome-Sikura
Saad-Hayes-Perlini
Kublik-Kampf-Kahun
Hayden

Keith-Jokiharju
Gus-Murphy
Forsling-Seabrook
4K/Dahlstrom

Crawford
Delia

Byram gets 9 game tryout. Boqvist could as well. That forward group would get me pretty excited. Very dynamic group of skill, speed and size.

minus Sikura, he's a scrub

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
No desire to overpay for someone like Hayes and add him to this team both because of his pathetic playoff performance for Jets and for his antics last time around

#NoHayes
I am not a Hayes fan but to call his play pathetic with two goals in five games with limited ice time is quite the reach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad