Rumor: Kevin Hayes to Chicago?

borednow

Jan 3, 2019
Hayes is going to want 6m per year and I don't think I'd be comfortable signing him for that much even if we trade Anisimov. There will likely be better value free agents available, and I'd rather go after those guys instead.

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
If he’d take Anisimov money or possibly even a little more, I’d definitely have interest. More than $5ish million though and I’m not interested.

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
Yes we definitely move AA and Hayes maybe for the right price and term. Anyone have interest in Kadri and his days in TO look to be done. He is on a decent contract. He is an agitator but could be that thorn in the side to work for the Hawks like Shaw did.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
Curious on opinions, what is the max AAV a bottom 6 2 way center should get? Is it 4-5M?

Exactly. He's a good 3rd line center that you will have to give 2nd line center money to. The latest projection I saw for him was a 6*6 contract which I want no part of. Spend that money on an unquestioned top 6 winger and slot everyone down. Granted, I am always opposed when people try to spread out the talent for 3 lines. Give me two dominant lines and I'll try to find something for the 3rd line.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
anything over 4.8 per for Hayes is a mistake.
many of you know that I am not fond of AA at this point in his career and if hayes wants anything more than 4.8 the hawks should run far far away, he is a bit of an upgrade on AA but not enough.

Brock Nelson on the other hand is the kind of upgrade that would make it worthwile

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Im worried about the price tag he’ll come at. Personally wouldn’t give him more than an Anismov deal and I’m pretty damn sure he’ll field higher offers than that.

Reactions: southernbeardown54

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Yes we definitely move AA and Hayes maybe for the right price and term. Anyone have interest in Kadri and his days in TO look to be done. He is on a decent contract. He is an agitator but could be that thorn in the side to work for the Hawks like Shaw did.

If you want a guy who habitually hurts the team by getting suspended at the worst time, hes your guy i guess.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
How many teams have a $6 million third line center?

Good depth comes from guys over performing their cap hit while playing behind guys and lines that are better than them.

I don't believe it comes from signing $6 million deals for guys to be your third line center.

Maybe I'm just crazy and you're right, and that's how the league will go.
Completely agree. I would rather offer an 80 plus point player in Panarin a 10 mil a year deal then go for a guy who will be your third line center 6 mil a year.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
anything over 4.8 per for Hayes is a mistake.
many of you know that I am not fond of AA at this point in his career and if hayes wants anything more than 4.8 the hawks should run far far away, he is a bit of an upgrade on AA but not enough.

Brock Nelson on the other hand is the kind of upgrade that would make it worthwile
totally agree about hayes.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

It depends on what they want for Kadri.

If they're willing to take Anisimov back, then I'd probably be willing to move one of the D prospects we have, outside of Boqvist (or the Byram kid, if we draft him 3rd).

I'm no convinced Dubas moves him though. 4.5 is a hell of a deal for what he brings, even if he is an idiot sometimes.

Reactions: goldenbladz1

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Did we forget that he didn’t want to play for the Hawks?Screw him.
Wait, he did what? First time I'm hearing about this. I guess that explains why he is frequently booed at the UC and why we got an extra draft pick in 2015.

Seriously though, while he screwed us over big time, he is the type of player we need for the 3rd line, especially if we don't draft a center at 3rd overall. He's big, physical, is defensively responsible, and is good for 40-50 or so points a year. He'd be a huge add and if you take out the fact that he stabbed us in the back, it'd make sense that we'd be a team interested in him.

Now Buccigross keeps mentioning how he's supposed to be a future Hawk and it's becoming harder to ignore that it makes some level of sense, provided his contract is decent (and again, that we don't draft a center at the draft).

Reactions: southernbeardown54

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Wait, he did what? First time I'm hearing about this. I guess that explains why he is frequently booed at the UC and why we got an extra draft pick in 2015.

Seriously though, while he screwed us over big time, he is the type of player we need for the 3rd line, especially if we don't draft a center at 3rd overall. He's big, physical, is defensively responsible, and is good for 40-50 or so points a year. He'd be a huge add and if you take out the fact that he stabbed us in the back, it'd make sense that we'd be a team interested in him.

Now Buccigross keeps mentioning how he's supposed to be a future Hawk and it's becoming harder to ignore that it makes some level of sense, provided his contract is decent (and again, that we don't draft a center at the draft).

I don't disagree with any of this except for the defensively responsible part, and that's only cause I've never heard it but have heard a bit of the opposite from NYR fans.

My principle concern with Hayes is what price he'll want. We're paying 4.5 to Anisimov to be our 3C now. Even if Hayes is a marked upgrade, which I believe he could be on a scoring 3rd line, I'm not sure I want to pay that much more than we're paying Anisimov... and I'd want Anisimov gone at relatively low sweetener cost too. So that's a lot of conditions that need to be met for me, personally....

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I don't disagree with any of this except for the defensively responsible part, and that's only cause I've never heard it but have heard a bit of the opposite from NYR fans.

My principle concern with Hayes is what price he'll want. We're paying 4.5 to Anisimov to be our 3C now. Even if Hayes is a marked upgrade, which I believe he could be on a scoring 3rd line, I'm not sure I want to pay that much more than we're paying Anisimov... and I'd want Anisimov gone at relatively low sweetener cost too. So that's a lot of conditions that need to be met for me, personally....
I think he's a bit of an upgrade over AA. I do see them as comparable players, but Anisimov is just older and further away from his peak, which is why I'm okay if we make this sort of swap of 3Cs.

But me having interest in Hayes being here will be determined by how much he asks for. If the price is right, I'd be quick to forgive him.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
If we can get Kadri yes you should absolutely be interested. He’d be the teams second best center and he’s a guy with experience carrying a third line.

upload_2019-4-22_20-41-29.gif

Does @Kevin Musto know about this?

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Why exactly would Hayes suddenly be interested in signing with the Hawks when he could have been in a Hawks sweater all along?

I just am incredibly skeptical he would sign in Chicago when he refused to even break in to the league with us when Chicago was in dire need of cheap NHL ready talent after several cap purges from the cups

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
Why exactly would Hayes suddenly be interested in signing with the Hawks when he could have been in a Hawks sweater all along?

I just am incredibly skeptical he would sign in Chicago when he refused to even break in to the league with us when Chicago was in dire need of cheap NHL ready talent after several cap purges from the cups

If this story is true then he clearly didn't want to play for Q.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad