Friedman: Kevin Hayes Linked to Boston & Colorado

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
I am confused, are you talking about Crouse, as in Lawson Crouse? I may have missed something with his development if that is the case.

It's mostly just that I don't think Jost has that much value right now, which I can freely admit is a potentially wrong, and definitely not popular opinion.

He definitely has potential and you guys seem to really like him, and he could just break out next year since he's super young, but on the other hand he doesn't look to have done much at the NHL level without seeing an eye test, which I have not, and Hayes is undeniably better than him right now, and potentially may be for a while.

Crouse hasn't really been put into a position to succeed but is still doing pretty well overall. It's mainly that the 2nd might turn out to be a lot better in this draft. If Jost had slightly more nhl time under his belt I'd probably do it, but with our track record I'm not sure I really want a prospect who looks like he's still developing and may not turn out extremely well.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I don't know if Hayes to Boston is a good idea.

His brother was here and was a major whipping boy, and rumor had it that the Hayes family talked Jimmy Vesey into signing with the Rangers and told him to avoid Boston when he was choosing sides. There might still be some bad blood there.

Chris P Hundo

Jun 14, 2017
2nd that becomes a first if Col makes it to WCF + Josh Anderson/ AJ Greer

If thats not enough, keep him. He is basically the same player as Soderberg and is not worth a 1st + Jost/Kaut

Reactions: milehigh11

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Hayes is the perfect 2C.

Will give you 50 points and is great defensively.
More than 50, potentially 60
Maybe not consistently 60 but will float between 55-65 if he could get a sniper on his wing

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I think Colorado and Hayes are a match made in heaven.

Calling him a 45-50 point center is really underselling him. Half of our board wants to keep him.

Jost and a 2. Or kaut and a 1. There is going to be competition for him so the aforementioned offer that should get you thread banned is not nearly enough. Hayes is a massive, massive step up from kerfoot

So you basically think Hayes is worth two mid 1st rounders. Yeah, good luck.

Reactions: milehigh11

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
As a Rangers fan I'm pretty confident that Hayes isn't getting a 1st and a top organizational prospect as a rental, but a 1st and a B prospect is totally realistic. Hayes is good defensively, drives offense, plays both special teams, and brings size down the middle of the ice. He's also having the best season of his career. Those factors will make him a very attractive piece for a number of teams.

I also anticipate the Rangers trying to work a deal where Hayes extends with the team he's dealt to, or at the very least insisting on a conditional pick being included to satisfy that case.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

His brother was here and was a major whipping boy, and rumor had it that the Hayes family talked Jimmy Vesey into signing with the Rangers and told him to avoid Boston when he was choosing sides. There might still be some bad blood there.

Bingo!

I cant see Hayes in Boston.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I think teams are going to be trading far less 1st round picks for rentals unless there are conditions like SJ/Kane etc.

I'm not personally in favor of moving 1st round picks unless it's a clear cut long term move.

How much does it take to extend Hayes?

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT

Let me echo this.

Hayes was not interested in signing with Boston due to how his brother AND family were treated by local media and fan base.

My understanding of the situation today is that not much has changed.

Since he cannot dictate where he gets traded, Boston IS a possibility, but beyond this year, I highly doubt he is there long term while h the Bruins know and as such will reflect that in any offer

Reactions: bernmeister

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Or maybe you greatly underrate him?

I've read posts from multiple Rangers fans suggesting it would take either A) Cale Makar(Laughable) B) 1st + Kaut(Again ridiculous) C) 1st + Jost/Timmins

Hayes, as an impending UFA with a career high of 45 points is not getting a Mid 1st round pick and a B+ level prospect/young NHLer. He'd be lucky to get one of those pieces and an add at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad