NBA Kevin Durant requests a trade

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Shut up and dribble.

But also it appears he has let up a bit and is now open to returning...but I'm surprised Nash hasn't been fired already...so uh trying to save some face?
highly doubt tsai caves into KD's demands and fires nash. he's a new-ish owner and doing that would make him look incredibly weak

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
people on twitter slamming owner for maybe picking gm and nash over durant what fools.. durant and irving is toxic af you arnt gonna win a championship if he stays lol. one will get hurt like usual and even if both stay healthy they will cry about something else in 2 months time

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
people on twitter slamming owner for maybe picking gm and nash over durant what fools.. durant and irving is toxic af you arnt gonna win a championship if he stays lol. one will get hurt like usual and even if both stay healthy they will cry about something else in 2 months time
Twitter is the literal cesspool of humanity though.

People think THIS place is toxic? It ain't got nothing on Twitter.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Durant is a snake

-This same durant thanked Steve Nash in his MVP year and called him his "Yoda" is the work he put in with him to reach a next level of superstardom
-Goes to GSW with Nash, and curry and Durant credit Nash with the player development for 3 years

Maybe Nash isnt the right coach

But Brooklyn paid you $30 million to rehab, and you attached yourself to that nuclear waste toxic scrub Kyrie who the whole league wants nothing to do with, but you're scapegoating Nash.

spare me that

Also Joe Tsai paid $100 mill in luxury taxes last season, I highly doubt forcing an ultimatum on a billionaire goes over well

Watch Joe Tsai trade him to Sacramento out of SPITE

Breakers

Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Windhorst did just say, he knows numerous owners have contacted Joe Tsai and told him not to cave to player demands.

He knows owners are not happy with a players like Irving and Simmons etc etc, and they especially hate a player with 4 years left on a deal forcing things.

he said owners can live with guys saying trade me I have 1 year left, not 4 years.

Reactions: hockey20000

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
The guy is literally the biggest cry baby in sports , needs to get carried to ever win anything in his career. I have no idea how this guy has fans unless the NBA is the only sport that person watches. The diva stuff is getting tiresome and out of hand. If the Nets cave in to this the NBA is a bigger joke than I thought

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
I remember having big arguments with people (not referring to people on this site) about Durant way back in 2016. I called him a loser for what he did to the Thunder. Quitting on them to join the team that he lost to, after blowing a 3-1 series lead against them and contributing to that choke-job with poor play.

I saw signs of his loser-like attitude then, but nobody wanted to agree with me.

Fast-forward 6 years, and Durant has only solidified my opinion of him that he is a loser.

I would find out what location Durant wants to go to the least and trade him there.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I remember having big arguments with people (not referring to people on this site) about Durant way back in 2016. I called him a loser for what he did to the Thunder. Quitting on them to join the team that he lost to, after blowing a 3-1 series lead against them and contributing to that choke-job with poor play.

I saw signs of his loser-like attitude then, but nobody wanted to agree with me.

Fast-forward 6 years, and Durant has only solidified my opinion of him that he is a loser.

I would find out what location Durant wants to go to the least and trade him there.

Durant always beefing with people on Twitter/Instagram.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Giannis is representing his country - in a friendly game he could have easily skipped - and beasting on Spain, while KD is bitching during his summer vacation

Also that poster lol

Last edited:
Reactions: hockey20000

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Can anyone explain to me the allure of Kevin Durant? Seriously, I'd love to know why the media puts him on this pedestal of all time greats.

I'm not saying he isn't a great player and hasn't had a great career, but let's face it: the guy is a loser. All he did was lose the meaningful games in OKC, then got carried to 2 NBA Championships before bolting to Brooklyn so he could lose even more meaningful games.

He can't win unless he's the 2nd, and maybe even 3rd most important player on a team. That's just who he is. A complementary player. He's the guy who bails when the going gets tough. His 2 titles mean absolutely nothing given GSW won 2 without him.

Owner will obviously cave here even if it isn't soon and KD will be traded. I assume it also speeds up a Kyrie Irving trade.

Whoever trades for KD, though? God help that team. 2nd round exit MAX.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Can anyone explain to me the allure of Kevin Durant? Seriously, I'd love to know why the media puts him on this pedestal of all time greats.

I'm not saying he isn't a great player and hasn't had a great career, but let's face it: the guy is a loser. All he did was lose the meaningful games in OKC, then got carried to 2 NBA Championships before bolting to Brooklyn so he could lose even more meaningful games.

He can't win unless he's the 2nd, and maybe even 3rd most important player on a team. That's just who he is. A complementary player. He's the guy who bails when the going gets tough. His 2 titles mean absolutely nothing given GSW won 2 without him.

Owner will obviously cave here even if it isn't soon and KD will be traded. I assume it also speeds up a Kyrie Irving trade.

Team accomplishments are irrelevant when analyzing the value of individual players

Advanced Playoff Stats:

Kobe from age 22 - 32 (158 games):
23.3 PER, .548 TS%, 24.1 WS. .178 WS/48, 6.0 BPM, 13.4 VORP

Durant from age 22 - 32 (145 games):
24.9 PER, .604 TS%, 25.0 WS, .205 WS/48, 7.4 BPM, 13.9 VORP

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Team accomplishments are irrelevant when analyzing the value of individual players

Advanced Playoff Stats:

Kobe from age 22 - 32 (158 games):
23.3 PER, .548 TS%, 24.1 WS. .178 WS/48, 6.0 BPM, 13.4 VORP

Durant from age 22 - 32 (145 games):
24.9 PER, .604 TS%, 25.0 WS, .205 WS/48, 7.4 BPM, 13.9 VORP
Sick. One guy won 5 Championships and was a vital reason for them, especially the last 2.

The other guy got carried by the greatest regular season team of all time and one of the NBA's greatest dynasties to his titles. Other than that, zilch.

Take your "advanced" stats elsewhere. Kobe > Durant. Not even close.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
As much as I want to put KD in my top 10, his mentality is making it harder for me to do. I don't even care about him signing with the Warriors, and even somewhat liked how it exposed and make a mockery of the folly of measuring players by rings. But these recent antics of his reflect poorly on his mental resolve.

Sick. One guy won 5 Championships and was a vital reason for them, especially the last 2.

The other guy got carried by the greatest regular season team of all time and one of the NBA's greatest dynasties to his titles. Other than that, zilch.

Take your "advanced" stats elsewhere. Kobe > Durant. Not even close.
While the Warriors were still technically Steph's team, KD was still their best player for those 2 championships. Between KD vs Kobe, KD is the better player, but I would take Kobe because at least he matured mentally.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Windhorst did just say, he knows numerous owners have contacted Joe Tsai and told him not to cave to player demands.

He knows owners are not happy with a players like Irving and Simmons etc etc, and they especially hate a player with 4 years left on a deal forcing things.

he said owners can live with guys saying trade me I have 1 year left, not 4 years.

They already let the genie out of the bottle on this one. Yea, having 4 years left on your deal and asking out isn't the same as doing so as a pending free agent. But they still let star players run roughshod.

How soon they forget Paul George asked out of OKC a year after signing a 4 year extension.

This is wrong. He was finals MVP both years. He was not carried.

Also; its not hard to understand why hes mention as one of the all time greats.

MVP, 2x FMVP, 6x 1st team, 4x 2nd team, 4x scoring champion. Not to mention hes been the USA's best player at two straight Olympics and was one of their best at a third.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
As much as I want to put KD in my top 10, his mentality is making it harder for me to do. I don't even care about him signing with the Warriors, and even somewhat liked how it exposed and make a mockery of the folly of measuring players by rings. But these recent antics of his reflect poorly on his mental resolve.

While the Warriors were still technically Steph's team, KD was still their best player for those 2 championships. Between KD vs Kobe, KD is the better player, but I would take Kobe because at least he matured mentally.
Disagree. Steph was the best player on those Warriors teams, not KD. Teams all game planned and schemed on how to stop Steph, not how to stop KD.

KD is a better scorer than Kobe, but Kobe is the better overall player.
They already let the genie out of the bottle on this one. Yea, having 4 years left on your deal and asking out isn't the same as doing so as a pending free agent. But they still let star players run roughshod.

How soon they forget Paul George asked out of OKC a year after signing a 4 year extension.

This is wrong. He was finals MVP both years. He was not carried.

Also; its not hard to understand why hes mention as one of the all time greats.

MVP, 2x FMVP, 6x 1st team, 4x 2nd team, 4x scoring champion. Not to mention hes been the USA's best player at two straight Olympics and was one of their best at a third.
Steph should have been Finals MVP during one of those two wins. He was better than KD during the second title win.

Also, being the Finals MVP on THAT team doesn't hold as much weight. The Warriors didn't need him. That's what I mean by carried.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Disagree. Steph was the best player on those Warriors teams, not KD. Teams all game planned and schemed on how to stop Steph, not how to stop KD.

KD is a better scorer than Kobe, but Kobe is the better overall player.

Steph should have been Finals MVP during one of those two wins. He was better than KD during the second title win.

Also, being the Finals MVP on THAT team doesn't hold as much weight. The Warriors didn't need him. That's what I mean by carried.
KD was much more efficient both years. Regular season was close, but KD was clearly better in the playoffs. While they were close in the 2018 Finals, KD shot the ball much better and was also a lot better than Steph when the game was close. I rank Steph higher all time but KD was definitely the Warriors best player when he was there. Quite unprecedented for the 2 time reigning MVP to suddenly no longer be the best player on his team.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
KD was much more efficient both years. Regular season was close, but KD was clearly better in the playoffs. While they were close in the 2018 Finals, KD shot the ball much better and was also a lot better than Steph when the game was close. I rank Steph higher all time but KD was definitely the Warriors best player when he was there. Quite unprecedented for the 2 time reigning MVP to suddenly no longer be the best player on his team.
2018 NBA Finals:

Game 1:
Steph 29 points 9 assists, 6 rebounds
Durant 26 points 6 assists, 9 rebounds

Game 2:
Steph 33 points, 8 assists, 7 rebounds
Durant 26 points, 7 assists, 9 rebounds

Game 3:
Steph 11 points, 6 assists, 5 rebounds
Durant 43 points, 7 assists, 13 rebounds

Game 4:
Steph 37 points, 4 assists, 6 rebounds
Durant 20 points, 10 assists, 12 rebounds

Steph shot worse in games 2 and 3 while KD shot worse in games 1 and 4.

Idk. A case obviously could be made for either guy, but watching that series I felt like the decision was made to give KD Finals MVP after game 3.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
2018 NBA Finals:

Game 1:
Steph 29 points 9 assists, 6 rebounds
Durant 26 points 6 assists, 9 rebounds

Game 2:
Steph 33 points, 8 assists, 7 rebounds
Durant 26 points, 7 assists, 9 rebounds

Game 3:
Steph 11 points, 6 assists, 5 rebounds
Durant 43 points, 7 assists, 13 rebounds

Game 4:
Steph 37 points, 4 assists, 6 rebounds
Durant 20 points, 10 assists, 12 rebounds

Steph shot worse in games 2 and 3 while KD shot worse in games 1 and 4.

Idk. A case obviously could be made for either guy, but watching that series I felt like the decision was made to give KD Finals MVP after game 3.
KD shot 52.6% that series, Steph only 40.2%. Plus Steph scored 30% of his points when the Warriors led by double digits, as oppose to only 8.7% of KD's points, meaning KD carried more of the load when the games were close. In terms of KD having the MVP after game 3, this only adds to how KD was doing more of the heavy lifting when the series and games were closer.

Interestingly, if the Finals MVP was instead for the whole playoffs (which is why I like the Conn Smythe better than NBA FMVP), I think Lebron wins it in 2018 despite the Cavs getting swept in the finals.

Breakers

Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I would do That brown package if it were me seeing what else is out there
Maybe add that big guy who had the screwed up knee all through the playoffs as well and he played like a boss and all the picks they have.

I don’t know nBA trades are so tough to guess on assets.

Maybe those two young guns on Philly Maxey and Thybulle or however you spell it and picks.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
So now KD threatening to retire... I'd actually respect him more for that but he not walking away from the money

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Can't believe I feel bad for the Nets, but here we are. There were always red flags with Kyrie and KD, but this is the absolute worst timeline.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Can't believe I feel bad for the Nets, but here we are. There were always red flags with Kyrie and KD, but this is the absolute worst timeline.
no reason to feel bad for them. they knew exactly what they were signing up for when they brought those two in

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad