NBA Kevin Durant requests a trade

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Windhorst saying Kyrie likely to be traded as well.

Reminder the Nets don't control any of their 1st rounders before 2028. Houston can swap in '23, '25 and '27 and owns their pick in '24 and '26.

Windhorst thinks the Suns are the leading contender to trade for Durant as of this moment.

Reactions: PriceIsGod

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
What a loser!

He specifically picks Brooklyn so he can be the #1 focal point again, and get out of Curry's shadow.

Now he wants out because it isn't as easy as he thought it would be and he is facing adversity again.

Reminds me of his actions in 2016, when things got difficult in Oklahoma City and he was facing adversity there after choking away a 3-1 series lead to Golden State.

What front-running team is he wanting to join this time?

Boston? Phoenix? Miami? Dallas? Golden State again?

Last edited:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Durant is so bitch made lmao.

Allegedly pressured the Nets to give into Kyrie during the vaccine saga, waits for Kyrie to opt in (in which he allegedly also wanted) and then decides nah I'm out? And the top team on his list just happens to be the team that finished at the top of the NBA last season? Nah bruh.

Barkley was right: dude's a passenger.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
All it took was the Warriors winning without KD.
KD said f*** it, I’m out and I wanna hop onto another team.

So Durant gonna be a passenger again? Or he can elevate like say Miami or Phoenix to the chip?

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018

Of course those are his preferred spots!

#1 ranked team in the East (Miami at 53-29) and the #1 ranked team in the West (Phoenix at 64-18).

Nobody likes to be a front-runner more than Kevin Durant.

We all saw it when he joined a 73-9 team, after choking a 3-1 series lead against them.

Reactions: Hoochi Papa

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
All it took was the Warriors winning without KD.
KD said f*** it, I’m out and I wanna hop onto another team.

So Durant gonna be a passenger again? Or he can elevate like say Miami or Phoenix to the chip?
Maybe he can elevate Miami or Phoenix to the championship.

But it won't take him long to get jealous that the fans like Butler or Paul more than him, just like he got jealous that the Warriors fans liked Curry more than him.

It will be history repeating itself.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Hahahahahahahahahahah

This is the literally the Celtics Nets fiasco from 2013

Didn’t those picks from the nets turn into Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum
I’m 99% sure

Not controlling your picks when you are about to suck is a NIGHTMARE

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
Windhorst saying Kyrie likely to be traded as well.

Reminder the Nets don't control any of their 1st rounders before 2028. Houston can swap in '23, '25 and '27 and owns their pick in '24 and '26.

Windhorst thinks the Suns are the leading contender to trade for Durant as of this moment.
The Rockets are about to be the Celtics after the Pierce and Garnett trade :laugh:

Reactions: Centrum Hockey

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I can already kinda see what Durant is trying to do.

Obviously the fact he won his rings by being a passenger still bothers him. Miami and Phoenix are both great teams, with great players.

Here's the caveat: while both teams have great players, Durant would be unquestionably the first option on both teams. In KD's head, forcing his way out to a team where he's the "first" option backed by stupidly good supporting cast will salvage his reputation.

In reality it says something different: dude is absolutely scared of the thought of being the guy, because he already had that in Brooklyn and is wanting to go to teams where he can just leech off other guys reps as the leader (Booker/Paul in Phoenix and Butler in Miami)

Sorry KD, but it don't work that way.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I feel like this is the 5th time this month KD asked for a trade

Reactions: Tuggy

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I'm sure it's just a fluke that the two teams on the top of his list also happened to finish at the top of their respective conferences.

Phoenix will kiss his feet if he goes there, he can get the franchises first championship so Durant can claim ‘I did this!’

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00