Player Discussion Kevan Miller

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Just get any decent vet in to replace Miller and hope the season can be salvaged.

Sorry we have too many good players in their primes and 2 years after this of Chara and Seids we cannot give up and tank it is only going to net us a talent like Zach Hamill we'd get a better player picking 16 and taking a sleeper than picking 8 and taking BPA.

Why do you automatically think we'd pick another Hamill?
What if we picked up a winger version of Seguin or top pairing D?

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Why do you automatically think we'd pick another Hamill?
What if we picked up a winger version of Seguin or top pairing D?

Lottery is too much of a crapshoot.

San Jose is almost guaranteed to be an 8-12 pick. We are projecting to be the same. I'd rather make the playoffs and settle for 15 instead of giving up and ending up at 5 or 6.

But hey tanking works sometimes my opinion could change come March.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

San Jose is almost guaranteed to be an 8-12 pick. We are projecting to be the same. I'd rather make the playoffs and settle for 15 instead of giving up and ending up at 5 or 6.

You don't need lottery for that,
We'd need a top3D and keep Lou to have an honest chance to make the playoffs, without Lou we really dont have a chance, and the odds for him leaving are getting higher and higher.

I'm not saying Tank, just don't do anything stupid now.

bolt thrower

No war!
Aug 26, 2006
He's out with a upper body injury.

Sadly I guess that injuries are the only thing that will keep him away from us. Clode

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Not much criticism now that he's placed in the right role.
He's a 6, and looks good as a 6.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006

It doesn't matter where we pick. If the past has taught us anything including the front office is that you need to keep bringing in young players. The need to keep the pipeline moving is essential in the cap age. Two firsts is better than one. Chiarelli had a bad draft career here. Excluding the gifts of Seguin and Hamilton. I hope Sweeney does better or where in for a long decade of mediocrity once the core is old.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
I believe he is plus 4 in his last three games. The penalty kill which he still plays tons of minutes on is doing awesome very surprising considering we are basically two man short according to most on here. It is ok though you guys just wait for a mistake or a bad game no need to come in here and admit he is actually playing very well.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
I believe he is plus 4 in his last three games. The penalty kill which he still plays tons of minutes on is doing awesome very surprising considering we are basically two man short according to most on here. It is ok though you guys just wait for a mistake or a bad game no need to come in here and admit he is actually playing very well.

He's been better playing with Krug.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
Yes ,lately he has looked like the Miller from the 2014 regular season .I can't remember who he was playing with in his first year with the team .

He was a plus 2 in 11 playoff games and shined like a found silver dollar.

That's all my Black and Gold visor wants to remember. Any trend back to that guy is good for me. :handclap::D

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
He's turned his season around. Let's hope he keeps it up. The K-Miller that's playing right now is a solid defenseman.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
I think he looks good again cause he's playing on the bottom pair against 3rd liners and isn't playing on the top line against the other teams 1st line like in October and November where he was getting abused

AustinBruins

Jul 31, 2010
I think he looks good again cause he's playing on the bottom pair against 3rd liners and isn't playing on the top line against the other teams 1st line like in October and November where he was getting abused

This. Exactly.

There were many who believed Miller could do McQuaid's job, but I believe that was always under the assumption of being the stay-at-home righty on the bottom pair, not playing beside Chara...

Miller is great value as a number 6.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
This. Exactly.

There were many who believed Miller could do McQuaid's job, but I believe that was always under the assumption of being the stay-at-home righty on the bottom pair, not playing beside Chara...

Miller is great value as a number 6.

Yup and

Chara's best Corsi For #s this season have been when playing with McQuaid

And McQuaid's best Corsi For #s this season have been when playing with Chara

Kevan Miller best Corsi For #s this season have been when playing with Krug

Krug's best Corsi For #s this season have been when playing with Miller/Miller

I'd try when healthy

Chara-McQuaid
Seidenberg- whatever kid playing best
Krug- K Miller

AustinBruins

Jul 31, 2010
Yup and

Chara's best Corsi For #s this season have been when playing with McQuaid

And McQuaid's best Corsi For #s this season have been when playing with Chara

Kevan Miller best Corsi For #s this season have been when playing with Krug

Krug's best Corsi For #s this season have been when playing with Miller/Miller

I'd try when healthy

Chara-McQuaid
Seidenberg- whatever kid playing best
Krug- K Miller

Trotman has *appeared* to me to play very well with Chara lately. What kind of numbers does he have and where does it fit amongst the different guys that have been paired with Z this season?

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Trotman has *appeared* to me to play very well with Chara lately. What kind of numbers does he have and where does it fit amongst the different guys that have been paired with Z this season?

Chara's Corsi for by D partner

With

Trotman 50.8%
McQuaid 52.1 %
C Miller 51.8 %
K Miller 48.2 %
Seids 48.4 %
Krug 52.7 % (only played 20 mins all year)
Morrow 41.7 %

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
He made my posts look dumb from 2 months ago. Definitely a confidence player healthy scratching him would have been a mistake and hes really come on. We've needed it too with McQuaid out this team can't have 3 guys like Krug, Colin, and Morrow all in the lineup together would be a disaster.

Wonder what he wants for an extension? Is he an upcoming UFA? If not 1 year 1.5 should work for both parties and would be a wise move by us just like signing him to this years deal early last season proved to be.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Trotman and Chara not appearing to be very good tonight?

Chara and Krug didn't look great together either both a little awkward when paired together. Not a big deal though if that is the D's worst game which it may have been over the last month or so I' can live with that.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
He made my posts look dumb from 2 months ago. Definitely a confidence player healthy scratching him would have been a mistake and hes really come on. We've needed it too with McQuaid out this team can't have 3 guys like Krug, Colin, and Morrow all in the lineup together would be a disaster.

Wonder what he wants for an extension? Is he an upcoming UFA? If not 1 year 1.5 should work for both parties and would be a wise move by us just like signing him to this years deal early last season proved to be.

It's already a disaster. I'm willing to give it a try; especially when you consider that Morrow/Miller are rookies. They should have more slack but since their name is not starting with Kevan, well...

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
It's already a disaster. I'm willing to give it a try; especially when you consider that Morrow/Miller are rookies. They should have more slack but since their name is not starting with Kevan, well...

I`d be more than open to letting the kids play but I believe many here, while they say they are (not necessarily including you in what I`m about to say) would be hammering whomever they could and finger pointing at Management/Coaches whomever at how disgusted they are that this team has left our young prospects out on an Island like deer in the headlights to get exposed nightly.

My prediction is this, if Julien played Krug/C Miller and Morrow in the lineup, along with Z/Seids and Trotman, this team gets lit up and overwhelmed physically. I could be wrong but that`s what I could see happening. If/when they gain possession of the puck they`d move it up ice much quicker than the current group but the issue is getting hemmed in their own end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad