Player Discussion Kevan Miller

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
Boston, MA - Boston Bruins General Manager Peter Chiarelli announced today, November 20, that the team has recalled defenseman Kevan Miller from the Providence Bruins on an emergency basis (American Hockey League). Miller will join the team Thursday and be eligible to play in Thursday night’s game against the St. Louis Blues (7:00 p.m. at TD Garden).

Good for him. Physical, stay-at-home guy. Look for him to scrap against this Blues team.

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=692468

Last edited by a moderator:

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Curious to see what the pairings will be with 4 young D-men in the line up.

I figure Chara still gets Dougie and maybe Bart gets Boychuk with Miller and Krug the third pairing?

I hope Bart's knee is better because the team needs him skating.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Didn't this guy play for the Red Sox a few years back.

He must be one talented guy to play both professional baseball and
hockey.:laugh:

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Curious to see what the pairings will be with 4 young D-men in the line up.

I figure Chara still gets Dougie and maybe Bart gets Boychuk with Miller and Krug the third pairing?

I hope Bart's knee is better because the team needs him skating.
I never want to see Bartkowski and Boychuk paired together again. Bartkowski needs to play with more intensity,it was almost like he was playing pick up hockey against the Rangers.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
if I recall, this guy was pretty gritty during the preaseason, yeah? Nothing wrong with a Mcquaid clone whatsoever. This team could use some of that fire on the blueline while Adam's out.

nycbruins*

I never want to see Bartkowski and Boychuk paired together again. Bartkowski needs to play with more intensity,it was almost like he was playing pick up hockey against the Rangers.

They have been great together in the recent past in much bigger games than the other night. Bad games happen. If a coach acted like hf posters, there would never be a single line together for more than a period

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I'm fretting over having 2 rookies and 2 call ups being the majority of our D against this team. Tonight would be a really good night for all 4 of them to have the game of their lives.

No expectations huh??:sarcasm:

Blues are a fantastic team, but game 22, IMO, isn`t the time to have the game of anyone`s lives IMO, game 7 of a Cup final....different story;)

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
No expectations huh??:sarcasm:

Blues are a fantastic team, but game 22, IMO, isn`t the time to have the game of anyone`s lives IMO, game 7 of a Cup final....different story;)

Given our recent issues with our forwards clearing the puck out of our zone cleanly and consistently, I am hoping for the best, expecting the worst. :)

Point made re: game 22, but at the same time I'm sick and tired of all the "west is better than the east" bs and I want us to just destroy the top west team. LOL So let me rephrase, they don't have to have the game of their lives, however, the call ups especially, should be playing as though they are playing for their lives, their playing lives. Because I think that's what it's going to take for us to take this one unless our forwards finally decide to do a better job clearing the puck out of our zone.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport

In fairness, half the team looked like they were skating in concrete the majority of that game so,it's hard to take any sort of conclusion from the Ranger game.

Miller and Bart were paired together a lot during the preseason, so I'd think that's where you'll see him play, with JB skating with Krug in the second pairing and finally keeping Z and Dougie together.

amazingcrwns

drop the puck
Feb 13, 2003
Western MA
Visit site
I'm happy Miller is going to get a shot, I do wish the B's had someone with more experience to call on for this sort of situation though. It's no reflection on Miller, but I'm nervous heading into tonights game with 4 out of 6 defenseman having less than 70 games experience.

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
I'm happy Miller is going to get a shot, I do wish the B's had someone with more experience to call on for this sort of situation though. It's no reflection on Miller, but I'm nervous heading into tonights game with 4 out of 6 defenseman having less than 70 games experience.

There are few things that worry me less than playing inexperienced defensemen in regular season hockey games.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Here is a little info on Kevan Miller. He sounds like a tough kid:

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/bruins/content/20120405-mark-divver-miller-continues-to-make-his-presence-felt.ece

You better believe Kevan Miller remembers The Hit.

It happened during training camp last September at the TD Garden in Boston. Milan Lucic carried the puck into the offensive zone, faked to the outside on Miller, and tried to cut inside.

Miller -- an undrafted, unheralded, without-a-contract defenseman from California by way of the University of Vermont -- lowered his shoulder into Lucic's chest and crushed him with a textbook bodycheck.

The 6-foot-4, 220-pound Lucic, the toughest player in the National Hockey League, hasn't been hit any harder all season.

After picking himself up and dusting off the snow, he shot Miller a quick glare that was a combination of "Who is that guy?" and "Don't you know who I am?"

Miller responded with a respectful nod.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Given our recent issues with our forwards clearing the puck out of our zone cleanly and consistently, I am hoping for the best, expecting the worst. :)

Point made re: game 22, but at the same time I'm sick and tired of all the "west is better than the east" bs and I want us to just destroy the top west team. LOL So let me rephrase, they don't have to have the game of their lives, however, the call ups especially, should be playing as though they are playing for their lives, their playing lives. Because I think that's what it's going to take for us to take this one unless our forwards finally decide to do a better job clearing the puck out of our zone.

I was just razzing ya, hope I didn`t come off as a king size ______________<<insert word there:):)

In all fairness, I think the Western Conference has more teams who play more consistently. I see more teams in the East have more swings in their play/results than in the West.

It`s definitely a heavier division, bigger and they tend to play, outside of the Hawks and Nucks , very Bruin-like in the West. You look at teams in the East....pretty soft Conference up and down the list but I hear ya, it does get tiring hearing about the superiority of the West.....truth is, it`s up to Eastern teams to prove the "experts" wrong.

Our boys will do their part tonight:yo::yo:

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
A good choice, #3 on my list of call-ups but he was there. Sounds like he has the right attitude. Go for it Kev.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Excited to see him get a shot. Him and Trotman are my little under the radar guys. Good players. Mcquaid-like molds. Can't go wrong with having them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad