Player Discussion Kevan Miller

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I said on the game thread that losing Kevan to waivers wouldn't be a loss, it would be a +.

boss3252

Oct 14, 2007
K.miller is our 7 and even 8 defenceman. Now that we have 7 healthy defenceman he should be in the lineup only if a.mcquaid gets injured. He is a poor man replacement to mcquaid. Colin Miller should play every game

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
He is basically where McQuaid was years ago, but at an older age. He needs to keep it simple. Hit, fight, play safe. Defend the crease.

Unfortunately I think he is about the same age as McQuaid himself so being on a slower learning curve doesn't bode well for his Bruins' career. I think he will have a new team next season.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I would be rolling

Chara Trotman
Seidenberg C. Miller
Krug McQuaid

with Morrow next guy up if Trotman or C. Miller ain't cutting it.

No place for K. Miller.

reillysmith38

Dec 22, 2013
I remember the first time I gathered distaste for Kevan Miller.

It was game 6 in Bell Center vs the Habs during our Presidents trophy season.

We needed that win to ice it. About 3 minutes in our boy Kevan Miller makes possibly the dumbest mistake ever, mishandles a pass from Rask right onto the stick of Eller in the slot who buried it. 1-0 Habs, all the momentum shifted to Montreal, crowd was roaring. That one play buried the confidence in our players and we never did crawl out of it.

The worst part? That play happened 2 seasons ago. This guy is still on the team. I've hated his play ever since.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I remember the first time I gathered distaste for Kevan Miller.

It was game 6 in Bell Center vs the Habs during our Presidents trophy season.

We needed that win to ice it. About 3 minutes in our boy Kevan Miller makes possibly the dumbest mistake ever, mishandles a pass from Rask right onto the stick of Eller in the slot who buried it. 1-0 Habs, all the momentum shifted to Montreal, crowd was roaring. That one play buried the confidence in our players and we never did crawl out of it.

The worst part? That play happened 2 seasons ago. This guy is still on the team. I've hated his play ever since.

I actually thought that play ,as bad as it was , was an aberration in Miller's game,at the time . It is clear he is capable of making similar costly errors with great regularity.

Fierce1

Nov 13, 2006
Nova Scotia
Is there a Player Discussion thread on Chara because I don't think even Miller trumped Chara's brutal game last night. We can do our best to hide Miller on the third pairing but Z is the elephant in the room. He really needs to call it a career.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Is there a Player Discussion thread on Chara because I don't think even Miller trumped Chara's brutal game last night. We can do our best to hide Miller on the third pairing but Z is the elephant in the room. He really needs to call it a career.

On a Brutality Scale last night, Miller was #1, Chara #2.

Miller is what he is, a 6-7 d-man that is being used incorrectly. Chara's play is of far greater concern to me. I am hoping that once the musical chairs is over and they settle on a mobile partner for him (hoping C Miller), his play will improve.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston

Miller is what he is, a 6-7 d-man that is being used incorrectly. Chara's play is of far greater concern to me. I am hoping that once the musical chairs is over and they settle on a mobile partner for him (hoping C Miller), his play will improve.

I think you're on to something with this. Lets wait until Chara plays with the same partner for more than two games in a row before we put him out to pasture.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
I think its going to be a long year. I'm anxious to see where we are in the standing near the trade deadline as that will obviously significantly impact what Sweeney does moving forward.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta

Chara hasn't had a steady D partner in years.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
I am still not as gun ho on everyone as far as getting rid of k.miller or always scratching him, when he is on his game he contributes more than a few of the D. With that said he was totally brutal against Colorado and very bad last night. I think he would've sat next game even if he wasn't injured or whatever is going on with him. Good to see Trotman play pretty well again . Chara hopefully just a rough game. Rask let in 5 goals on 28 shots lol it just goes to show you g.a avg or save percentage doesn't mean much because he was very good.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Just get any decent vet in to replace Miller and hope the season can be salvaged.

Sorry we have too many good players in their primes and 2 years after this of Chara and Seids we cannot give up and tank it is only going to net us a talent like Zach Hamill we'd get a better player picking 16 and taking a sleeper than picking 8 and taking BPA.

Sturm

Jun 25, 2015
Virginia
Chara hasn't had a steady D partner in years.

This is only the second year Boychuk has been gone. Him and Chara were pretty steady, as were Chara/Seidenberg in the deep playoff runs. This year he needs a more mobile guy to be his partner, would love to see Colin Miller paired with him.

8Neely8

Jul 3, 2009
Just get any decent vet in to replace Miller and hope the season can be salvaged.

Sorry we have too many good players in their primes and 2 years after this of Chara and Seids we cannot give up and tank it is only going to net us a talent like Zach Hamill we'd get a better player picking 16 and taking a sleeper than picking 8 and taking BPA.

Its hard not too when your tied with teams like Buffalo and only a point up on the Leafs...ugh!

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Its hard not too when your tied with teams like Buffalo and only a point up on the Leafs...ugh!

Were going to have 2 pretty good picks regardless. We aren't winning the lottery. Im down with replicating the last draft and taking the guys we want early mid first we can make the playoffs and still do that.

Or pick around # 7 and be forced to take a guy like Hamilton because he is there and best case scenario you get a good player but a bad fit worst case its Hamill?

Oh whats that people want to tank so we can use the picks to trade up for Matthews and the higher the better? Great logic even though last year we couldn't even pry Hanifin from Carolina despite having a bundle of riches and Dougie to offer. We could own the 4 and 5 pick and the team holding #1 still laughs at us when we ask to trade.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Were going to have 2 pretty good picks regardless. We aren't winning the lottery. Im down with replicating the last draft and taking the guys we want early mid first we can make the playoffs and still do that.

Or pick around # 7 and be forced to take a guy like Hamilton because he is there and best case scenario you get a good player but a bad fit worst case its Hamill?

Oh whats that people want to tank so we can use the picks to trade up for Matthews and the higher the better? Great logic even though last year we couldn't even pry Hanifin from Carolina despite having a bundle of riches and Dougie to offer. We could own the 4 and 5 pick and the team holding #1 still laughs at us when we ask to trade.

All depends on where they and LA end up. There are still a lot of games left yet and both teams could finish higher or lower. I would wait to see what happens after the lottery before deciding on a course of action. I don't think this draft is as deep as last year, but those top 5 kids or so (maybe even 10) look pretty damn good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad