Player Discussion Kevan Miller - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Chara played over 20 minutes, nearly 2 on the PK, and was a +2 in game 1. One second less than the #2 ice time defenseman leader.

This reduced role narrative was nonsense from the start. Chara had a fantastic season once again last season and only played poorly in the bubble like so many of our other players. The Bruins are gambling on the youth, as is their right, but the nonsense from Sweeney about making this the best roster to win a Cup never made sense when he allowed Chara to leave.

You think Chara looked good last season? Wow. Go look at his splits. He had a strong first month and then slid backwards as the season went longer. Fast forward to the bubble and he was their weakest link on the ice. His lack of skating ability puts the team in bad spots on a regular basis. The only place he was okay was on the PK, and even then, he sucked at clearing pucks because he couldn't get to them. It hurts to say, but moving on was the right move. He's not the same guy from 10 years ago. Hell, he's not the same guy from 5 years ago. He was bad. And Neely, Sweeney, and Cassidy all saw it, which is why he's gone.

Reactions: duffy and Dr Hook

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
You think Chara looked good last season? Wow. Go look at his splits. He had a strong first month and then slid backwards as the season went longer. Fast forward to the bubble and he was their weakest link on the ice. His lack of skating ability puts the team in bad spots on a regular basis. The only place he was okay was on the PK, and even then, he sucked at clearing pucks because he couldn't get to them. It hurts to say, but moving on was the right move. He's not the same guy from 10 years ago. Hell, he's not the same guy from 5 years ago. He was bad. And Neely, Sweeney, and Cassidy all saw it, which is why he's gone.

Yes. For what Chara was paid to do - a shutdown defenseman, defend leads, kill penalties, and negate the opposition's superstars... he did. If you expected him to be 08-09 Chara, well....!

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Yes. For what Chara was paid to do - a shutdown defenseman, defend leads, kill penalties, and negate the opposition's superstars... he did. If you expected him to be 08-09 Chara, well....!

I simply disagree. He looked awful the longer the season ran, and looking at a compressed schedule this year doesn't make it sound like he'd be better this season.

Last edited:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Chara played over 20 minutes, nearly 2 on the PK, and was a +2 in game 1. One second less than the #2 ice time defenseman leader.

This reduced role narrative was nonsense from the start. Chara had a fantastic season once again last season and only played poorly in the bubble like so many of our other players. The Bruins are gambling on the youth, as is their right, but the nonsense from Sweeney about making this the best roster to win a Cup never made sense when he allowed Chara to leave.

Yeah my bullshit detector pegged at 11 when I heard about Sweeney's comment.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
The story behind this is Kevan had a shoulder injury and some asshole B's fan was screaming at him. Keven was standing next to me and I told him to not listen to that idiot.

He went out for surgery and when he came back I said "I am glad you are back" I got a nod of his head and the next game the equipment manager (Keith R) handed me this photo and said Kevan wanted me to give this to you.
16730115_10211862013374987_8469843915433638927_n.jpg

Last edited:

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
The story behind this is Kevan had a shoulder injury and some asshole B's fan was screaming at him. Keven was standing next to me and I told him to not listen to that idiot.

He went out for surgery and when he came back I said "I am glad you are back" I got a nod of his head and the next game the equipment manager (Keith R) handed me this photo and said Kevan wanted me to give this to you.
16730115_10211862013374987_8469843915433638927_n.jpg
Nice story. I am sure you have plenty of those story. Boston has for sure one of the best sport fan for sure close to their bench.

Reactions: Ladyfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad