Sportsnet: Kessel: Classless to throw Leafs jerseys on ice

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
It is classless you support your team through the good and bad times. I'm a Leafs fan for life but fans that do this are the fans I hate the most.

Support your team through the good and bad or just pick another team. Disrespecting the players by throwing jerseys on the ice and cheering the other team is not only disrespectful but I'm sure hurts players confidence. If you want to protest just stop buying tickets, but our team is getting worse because the fans are getting worse.

Such BS!!! :rant:

The fans have done nothing but support this team since 1967! How have we been rewarded????

The fans are getting worse, OK, sure thing! :laugh: :biglaugh:

Beleafer19

Apr 25, 2013
well since everything else you write is usually crap I'm happy with that.

Well done, personal attacks are usually a sign of not really knowing how to defend yourself wisely. Oh and by the way my first comment was meant to be sarcastic which you didn't seem to understand.

Leafspoison*

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...leafs-jerseys-on-ice-disrespectful-classless/

I agree with him 100%. I know the fans have a right to be upset but to throw jerseys onto the ice is a total lack of class and professionalism. I am really disgusted that this is happening and it needs to stop ASAP.

Throwing a jersey on the ice isn't only disrespectful to the current players and legacy, but the past players who wore the jersey before them. There's other ways to show your frustration to your team. If you really don't want your jersey anymore, instead of throwing it on the ice, donate it to a children's hospital.

Fairly classless to lose 9-2 with no effort making millions of dollars and people paying insane prices to watch this gong show.

Its not a flag. Its a jersey and they are showing disgust. There is nothing wrong with it. Would people be upset if they threw a puck with the Leafs logo on it. Would they be upset if they threw a white towel with a Leafs logo on it? Would they be upset if they threw big foam finger with a Leaf logo on it?

Because its a jersey people are upset? Its semantics and if people want to waste 100 bucks doing that in an embarrassing loss, its their prerogative and those that are getting upset over it, need to get a life.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
I'm looking forward to a mass jersey throwdown...the type of scene where the game is halted for several minutes as the jerseys just keep raining down. Lucky for MLSE most of the jersey wearing fans are in the nose bleeds.

Leafspoison*

I'm looking forward to a mass jersey throwdown...the type of scene where the game is halted for several minutes as the jerseys just keep raining down. Lucky for MLSE most of the jersey wearing fans are in the nose bleeds.

MLSE just restocks and sells them. :nod::sarcasm:

eddieO

Jan 9, 2013
The Beach
It is classless you support your team through the good and bad times. I'm a Leafs fan for life but fans that do this are the fans I hate the most.

Support your team through the good and bad or just pick another team. Disrespecting the players by throwing jerseys on the ice and cheering the other team is not only disrespectful but I'm sure hurts players confidence. If you want to protest just stop buying tickets, but our team is getting worse because the fans are getting worse.

I don't think one has to do with the other, but I'm open to hearing an argument.

However, I absolutely agree the fan base for this team is getting worse as the years go by. Fans trolling players' wives on twitter was a new low.

Classless is the exact right word for it, glad Phil called them out.

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario

And boom goes the dynamite. Love this post tho

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
I don't think one has to do with the other, but I'm open to hearing an argument.

However, I absolutely agree the fan base for this team is getting worse as the years go by. Fans trolling players' wives on twitter was a new low.

Classless is the exact right word for it, glad Phil called them out.

As I said, I don't think people would be chirping families of players if they won..... Prolly the complete opposite. Not saying I'd ever do it

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
The Jersey thing must be very upsetting to the team owners, management and players, so maybe they will do something about it. Namely improve||

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
I believe it is "classless" of the current players (many not all) to collect millions in paychecks, play in front of fans that pay a lot of money and give a half-hearted effort on many nights.I think most fans would agree that an honest effort every night is the bare minimum we can expect and half the team can't even do that. I think some of the current players are disrespecting the Leafs uniform as they are letting down the former greats that actually competed game in game out.

eddieO

Jan 9, 2013
The Beach
As I said, I don't think people would be chirping families of players if they won..... Prolly the complete opposite. Not saying I'd ever do it

Win or lose, you just don't do it. In fact, I'd argue "being classy" is how you act when your team loses.

exporta

Jul 30, 2005
I think its classless too. The ACC has to be the worst place to play as a player, no wonder we can't attract top UFA or get players to waive. I am a huge Leafs fan, but I don't think I would ever want to play at the ACC as a Leaf - no passion, no support. Just like any relationship, you need to stay strong the the best of times and the worst of times.

StringsAttached

BPD Nation!
Oct 1, 2013
Vaughan, ON
I think its classless too. The ACC has to be the worst place to play as a player, no wonder we can't attract top UFA or get players to waive. I am a huge Leafs fan, but I don't think I would ever want to play at the ACC as a Leaf - no passion, no support. Just like any relationship, you need to stay strong the the best of times and the worst of times.

50 years is a long time. We're not talking about only the last decade. You'd expect the center of the hockey universe to win a cup or two every now and again. This has nothing to do with the fans it's never our fault. It's our organization's fault.

BudMaster17

Gap Inspector
Feb 12, 2008
Toronto
Class is a means to divide society, personally I'd rather there not be any class at all especially when it comes to this mess. Extreme times calls for extreme measures. Next time I'm at a game and the leafs show no heart I'm gonna throw a stack of American dollar bills on the ice and make it rain. It takes longer for them to clean up and it's all that mlse and the players care about so give them what they want...

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton

so you would stay married to a fat girl if she promised to get skinny but never did after 10 years (or vice versa)

Riellyfan04

Feb 25, 2010
Toronto On
i got a Dion jersey and i wouldn't mind throwing it!!!! but now i won't cause i can get kicked out lmaoo but i will probably give it away...

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
Pf if it comes to the point where fans are throwing the jerseys on the ice, the team better look at itself. Ive felt like that many times over the past couple years.

Its been embarrassing for a while now. I believe in Shanny and I think changes will be made.

Patty Lee

I hate the Habs
Nov 26, 2003
Visit site
Well done, personal attacks are usually a sign of not really knowing how to defend yourself wisely. Oh and by the way my first comment was meant to be sarcastic which you didn't seem to understand.
Nothing to defend...

Mine was too, but I guess you didn't get that

Patty Lee

I hate the Habs
Nov 26, 2003
Visit site
Fairly classless to lose 9-2 with no effort making millions of dollars and people paying insane prices to watch this gong show.

Its not a flag. Its a jersey and they are showing disgust. There is nothing wrong with it. Would people be upset if they threw a puck with the Leafs logo on it. Would they be upset if they threw a white towel with a Leafs logo on it? Would they be upset if they threw big foam finger with a Leaf logo on it?

Because its a jersey people are upset? Its semantics and if people want to waste 100 bucks doing that in an embarrassing loss, its their prerogative and those that are getting upset over it, need to get a life.
It's actually the people throwing things on the ice that need to get a life

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad