News Article: Kerfoot work ethic Excellent...

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Good player on a decent deal and at a position we can't afford to dump anyone out of anyways.

While he's the next contract to move out, there's no urgency there - we don't have an immediate cap crunch now or next year so the only reason to move him would be to add a clear upgrade.

The best time to move him would likely be after July 2 when his bonus is paid and he's only owed $3.4m over the last 2yrs of his deal ($1.7m average) - but again, there's no rush there and only needs to be done for a clear upgrade.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Positions he plays aside he is one of the teams hardest workers. Getting better and comfortable looking with his team. Not someone we want to trade urgently.

Reactions: banks

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Thats truzue sire. :clap: He did that, yeah, he did that.

Glad we has players like hy-man and him. Simmonds also a hunta, but not that fesast. Only a heavy hitta, but still a thug.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
That’s just untrue. Might I ask why do you even bother cheering for the leafs? All you ever do is play contrarian and make bad hot takes
sometimes the truth hurts but that's not a reason to deny it

as a Leaf fan for about 5 decades i've came too the conclusion long ago that waving my blue and white pom poms until i dislocate my shoulders hasn't helped them win a cup

so i decided too try to take an unbiased view of the team in an effort to better understand the teams strengths and weaknesses , now my opinions may not be popular with many here but i've had a much better track record than the homers , lol

here's my view on the Kerfoot situation , Dubas is trying hard to move him to free up cap space to add a gritty winger and/or an upgrade at 3c

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC

as a Leaf fan for about 5 decades i've came too the conclusion long ago that waving my blue and white pom poms until i dislocate my shoulders hasn't helped them win a cup

so i decided too try to take an unbiased view of the team in an effort to better understand the teams strengths and weaknesses , now my opinions may not be popular with many here but i've had a much better track record than the homers , lol

here's my view on the Kerfoot situation , Dubas is trying hard to move him to free up cap space to add a gritty winger and/or an upgrade at 3c
Same ...
It’s better to be a fan of your team without the rosey overtones
It’s refreshing to hear you

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010

Your take on this is awful, just like your Nylander takes were awful... Removing kerfoot only creates another hole that will need to be filled.
Is he an integral part of the core? Not even close but there’s no immediate reason to move him out. If you trade kerfoot you have two top 9 holes to fill, that’s incredibly counter productive

Reactions: Mitchy

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
decent player, zero impact on terrible contract
A guy who can move up and down the lineup and play all 3 positions, and PK has 0 impact? That breakaway shorty on Wednesday had no impact?
He’s been on par or better than Naz 5v5 since the trade for a million less and a year longer while being younger and with way higher on ice IQ. The trade was a good one one for one let alone the roll of the dice with Barrie last year.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009

Unbiased fan:huh:

Google Image Result for https://i.pinimg.com/736x/a3/9b/0e/a39b0e53e490c2a1df2d2495cd48bd13.jpg

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I've been saying this for a while. Should hopefully quell the belief he is a cap dump, which was a silly narrative in the first place.

Reactions: shortfuze

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015

Well said.

But of course if you don't think everything is peachy you're just a hater lol

It is amusing seeing certain leaf fans try and tell posters whether they are a leaf fan or not. Newsflash, you don't get to decide.

I know, shocking.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Your take on this is awful, just like your Nylander takes were awful... Removing kerfoot only creates another hole that will need to be filled.
Is he an integral part of the core? Not even close but there’s no immediate reason to move him out. If you trade kerfoot you have two top 9 holes to fill, that’s incredibly counter productive
what hole would he leave ? he's been tried on the wing in the top 6 as well as a C on both bottom 6 lines

and what were my takes on Nylanader that you believe were awful ?

the purpose of removing him is too free up cap space for an upgrade , i'm not just saying to dump him and replace him with nobody

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Well said.

But of course if you don't think everything is peachy you're just a hater lol

It is amusing seeing certain leaf fans try and tell posters whether they are a leaf fan or not. Newsflash, you don't get to decide.

I know, shocking.
funny thing is how the so called positive fans think it's positive to endlessly crap on Andy or how the majority will turn on a player the second they're traded , lol

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
Using him as a cap dump was always farfetched and anyone disappointed with him is likely way to invested in the fact that he is riding a little below the 0.5 PT/G mark.

He is one the Leafs' best defensive and transition forwards. He plays both C and W anywhere in the lineup. He PK's.

I think seeing Spezza produce at a legit middle-six level for $700k has ruined the impression of what a fairly paid middle-six player looks like for many fans.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
funny thing is how the so called positive fans think it's positive to endlessly crap on Andy or how the majority will turn on a player the second they're traded , lol
See the difference is Andersen has been dog shit for a solid 24 months now and there are metrics to study and the obvious eye test to watch and both will show you the same thing. He sucks.
Kerfoot plays an important role on the PK, and has played well in pretty much every 5v5 situation he’s been thrust into.

Reactions: Mitchy

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
A guy who can move up and down the lineup and play all 3 positions, and PK has 0 impact? That breakaway shorty on Wednesday had no impact?

He’s been on par or better than Naz 5v5 since the trade for a million less and a year longer while being younger and with way higher on ice IQ. The trade was a good one one for one let alone the roll of the dice with Barrie last year.

sorry, he has been unnoticeable since he was traded here in my eyes, defiantly not worth 3,5 aav, and lets not compare him to Naz, its not even close, lets not discuss the trade...

Last edited by a moderator:

m1ker

Apr 11, 2014
Ya without kerfoot leafs are a slower team and who’s going to fill the gaps when there are injuries Engvall? Kerfoot is highly under rated.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I think he's fine enough as a player. The cap hit for his place on the roster is what likely makes him expendable going forward. It probably doesn't make sense to trade him to a selling team by the trade deadline due to the expansion draft. Trading him to a contender seems awkward without another trade lined up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad