News Article: Kerfoot work ethic Excellent...

TML Dynasty

May 2, 2016
Definitely a motor on him. Early on I found he ran around like a crazy man but rarely accomplished anything. He seems to be getting much better though and I agree with those that say he is not a dump nor someone to want to trade unless clear upgrade. He’s won me over.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Definitely a motor on him. Early on I found he ran around like a crazy man but rarely accomplished anything. He seems to be getting much better though and I agree with those that say he is not a dump nor someone to want to trade unless clear upgrade. He’s won me over.
Feel the same. I used to hate on him. He’s just a better player than when he got here. Lots better

Reactions: TML Dynasty

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
See the difference is Andersen has been dog shit for a solid 24 months now and there are metrics to study and the obvious eye test to watch and both will show you the same thing. He sucks.
Kerfoot plays an important role on the PK, and has played well in pretty much every 5v5 situation he’s been thrust into.
Kerfoot has been mediocre to put it nicely in every role he's been put in , that's why he keeps being moved around and i wouldn't be fluffing his play on our crap pk , lol

and there's no difference between knocking Andy or any other Leaf , so if you believe your being a negative poster being critical of Kerfoot then you also have to believe your a negative poster being critical of Andy or any other Leaf

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Kerfoot has been mediocre to put it nicely in every role he's been put in , that's why he keeps being moved around and i wouldn't be fluffing his play on our crap pk , lol

PK of course has been not just good but excellent when Fred's not in net.

Reactions: cookie

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
PK of course has been not just good but excellent when Fred's not in net.
Is this sample size kind of small there bro. It’s true but its smallll. Pk sv% has been gross. I think you posted the numbers before.

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
I like Kerfoot but he's miscast at 3C, he's a middle 6 winger. With a team like the leafs that are always so close to the cap, you would rather see that cap space go towards an elite 3C.

If that's not an option then yea keep running him, he's not a cap dump at all

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Decent player but that contract is bad. Mind you when signed the cap geniuses believed that it was likely going to 85 then 90. Hindsight is 20/20. I hope that we can flip a pick to Seattle to have him taken.

We will still need a 3C next year but considering what some players are signing for we could likely get it done for around 2. Give Abramov a year with the Marlies and hope he can slot in on our 3C. Especially with some strong players like Mikheyev and Hyman on the wings. I get that we need to sign both those players.

Last edited:

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
yup everything about the team is phenomenal , i'm especially impressed by the fact we're undefeated against top teams like T-Bay/Wash/Vegas etc.
That’s not called for really is it. I get it you ate the skeptic in spades. Now with this comment you are full of B.S.
We’ll leave worrying about them until we meet whoever in the playoffs no

cipher

Jun 24, 2016
sorry, he has been unnoticeable since he was traded here in my eyes, defiantly not worth 3,5 aav, and lets not compare him to Naz, its not even close, lets not discuss the trade...

I agree somewhat with the first part, but not the second. Kadri was traded for Kerfoot and Barrie after Dubas couldn't get his first option of Brodie from Calgary. After Kadri was suspended for 2 straight playoff series and our poor defensive showing we identified him as the contract to move for a defender. It took a year longer, but in the end we got Brodie and thankfully we did as he has been incredible.

Kerfoot is just an ok player for me and is one of the most likely to be dealt by Dubas when he needs to make a move.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
That’s not called for really is it. I get it you ate the skeptic in spades. Now with this comment you are full of B.S.
We’ll leave worrying about them until we meet whoever in the playoffs no
we don't get paid to worry about anything , lol

i want our mgmt to worry about going 4 rds which i believe they are and as of now we need more than just our top line scoring even strength , we also need to get our special teams playing better and imo get grittier up front as well as a 3rd line C

and without trying to dump Kerfoot i have no idea where the cap space is going to come from to add more than just another bargain basement player

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
B
we don't get paid to worry about anything , lol

i want our mgmt to worry about going 4 rds which i believe they are and as of now we need more than just our top line scoring even strength , we also need to get our special teams playing better and imo get grittier up front as well as a 3rd line C

and without trying to dump Kerfoot i have no idea where the cap space is going to come from to add more than just another bargain basement player
best team since Gilmours teams. Needs tweeking.

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
to be fair i think dubas kept the best of the 3 ... 3mil dollar players we had last year.
Also both trades are looking really good at this point. amirov looks awesome and AJ contract makes him untradeable at this point let alone get any asset.

kerfoot is a fine mid 6 winger but he ill be a casualty of the salary cap era. Ideally Seattle will take him and leave us dermott. We can then spin dermott for some picks or another prospect.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
to be fair i think dubas kept the best of the 3 ... 3mil dollar players we had last year.
Also both trades are looking really good at this point. amirov looks awesome and AJ contract makes him untradeable at this point let alone get any asset.

kerfoot is a fine mid 6 winger but he ill be a casualty of the salary cap era. Ideally Seattle will take him and leave us dermott. We can then spin dermott for some picks or another prospect.
Kappy is the best of the 3, but Kerfoot is nice because he's versatile and Kappy was in our deepest position

Reactions: ToneDog

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Kerfoot has been much better this year than last year. He has arguably seen the most change in line mates out of anyone on the team aside from Hyman, and still manages to be effective. Even when he is not on the scoresheet. I think his effort night in an night out is very noticeable. No complaints from me on Kerf

Reactions: Iapyi

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
At least he can move up the lineup with injuries, but he’s just okay, an NHLer. Better on wing than center, does try hard. Has trouble finding chemistry with linemates. He’s gone after this year, too much money.

I actually think he’s over rated by the people who can’t accept we got hosed on the Kadri deal. It’s okay, even Dubas isn’t perfect. And cue....

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
if he was a trade asset he'd have been gone in the summer
why? hes a versatile player that can play centre or wing. works his ass off. worked his ass off in the columbus series last year. can also move up and down the lineup. 2nd line or 3rd line.

i read something along time ago from a sports writer, i cant remember who it was now but they basically said hockey players get paid about a million dollars for every 10 points they get, which is roughly where hes at. with some context added for position and star power.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
He's definitely a bit of a bland player in terms of playing style, but I think his on ice value is greater than a lot of folks give him credit for.

I think he's a got a good chance to be taken by Seattle at the expansion draft

Reactions: Guy Boucher

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
why? hes a versatile player that can play centre or wing. works his ass off. worked his ass off in the columbus series last year. can also move up and down the lineup. 2nd line or 3rd line.

i read something along time ago from a sports writer, i cant remember who it was now but they basically said hockey players get paid about a million dollars for every 10 points they get, which is roughly where hes at. with some context added for position and star power.
you say versatile , others say they didn't like him as the 3rd line C so they tried him as a 2nd line W , they didn't like him there so he got moved to play as the 4th line C

basically he's versatile , lol , because they don't like him anywhere

the bolded would make JT about 5m overpaid , thanks , that makes me feel a whole lot better about Kerfoot at 3.5m :help:

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017

and there's no difference between knocking Andy or any other Leaf , so if you believe your being a negative poster being critical of Kerfoot then you also have to believe your a negative poster being critical of Andy or any other Leaf
That is not true. It is his versitility that has him move around. He has been very good on our penalty kill. Even when the team was in a slump and was giving up goals on the pk, he was good. There are area that he can be better at and some criticism is warrented, but it has to be based on facts.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
you say versatile , others say they didn't like him as the 3rd line C so they tried him as a 2nd line W , they didn't like him there so he got moved to play as the 4th line C

basically he's versatile , lol , because they don't like him anywhere

the bolded would make JT about 5m overpaid , thanks , that makes me feel a whole lot better about Kerfoot at 3.5m :help:
sure, if you want to exclude context.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad