Waived: Kenny Agostino, Kevin Graval, Nic Petan, Garrett Wilson

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Same. Not because he didn't/doesn't deserve it, but because of Babs comments/the way he played him.

As much as I want Petan as an injury call-up, I hope a team takes him. He's a NHL player with some solid potential and deserves a shot somewhere.

I think its his work ethic. He lacks drive, only a psychologist or motivational speaker can hope to unlock that.

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
It appears to be it. They're down to a 23 man roster that currently fits under the cap. There will be more changes once Hyman and Dermott come back.
Wait does this 23 man roster really fit under the cap? Without crunching numbers myself (lazy bum) I've been prepping for a 21 man roster since Marner signed.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Do you know if there was maybe some reason? I don't know those players status, waiver exempt etc?

Of course, I know the waiver situation....

I just made a simple statement that I thought Korshkov looked better than two guys that made the roster....

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Is it possible this isn't the absolute, final roster for cap related reasons? Seems a little early to be announcing everything.

Aside from that, don't think Liljegren would make the team to be scratched. I thought Agostino (or Petan) would make the team as the spare forward, but Shore would make some sense for centre/wing versatility.

Wouldn't be surprised if Gravel and Liljegren switch spots (promoted/demoted), assuming Gravel clears waivers. Liljegren would return later on in the season. Perhaps they'd also have a forward switch with Shore and Agostino or Petan as well?

Last edited:

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Just my opinion, I didn’t really care for Korshkov at all, thought he always looked behind the play and bobbled the puck anytime he had it. Happy Timashov made it over him.

Timashov looked worse than Agostino, Korshkov, and Petan to me...

Reactions: ktownhockey

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I thought Korshkov looked a lot better than Timashov or Shore...
I thought Timo was good.
And unless you blatantly separate yourself from the pack like Sandin, I have no problem being sent to pay your dues.

Timo has 3 AHL years to a Korshkov half.

Keeps the entitled down. Work hard and next time it will be you on the roster.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Wait does this 23 man roster really fit under the cap? Without crunching numbers myself (lazy bum) I've been prepping for a 21 man roster since Marner signed.

It fits with Hyman and Dermott on LTIR. Once they're off LTIR, then we'll have to go down to a 21 man roster.

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
I think this is more to do with getting as close to the cap limit as possible for max LTIR. By keeping Lily up they can send him down without waivers in a couple of days. Send the guys you could lose to waivers now when the wire is flooded and they will probably go through. Wait and someone might pick them up.

Reactions: Jeypic and Cams

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
I think we shouldn't read too much into this. The Leafs have to get as close as possible to the cap ceiling before placing Horton and Clarkson on LTIR.

This. After that we will send Lilly down and possibly Shore/Holl as well

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
so looking like this is the opening day roster:

Johnsson-Matthews-Nylander
Kapanen-Tavares-Marner
Mikheyev-Kerfoot-Moore
Shore/Timashov-Gauthier-Spezza

Rielly-Ceci
Muzzin-Barrie
Sandin-Liljegren/Marincin
Holl

Andersen
Hutchison

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Liljegren was the Marlies best defensive D in the playoffs last spring.

It isn’t saying much but I’d trust him more than Marincin.

Marincin will never change, he is good and engaged and reliable for a couple games and bam! Off the tracks making defensive zone blunders.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I am surprised Lily is still around but I am happy, and if they have decided to keep him then he should play because sitting on bench and watching is not going to help his development

Reactions: IrishInOntario

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad