Confirmed with Link: Kelly Buchberger re-hired and will join OKC coaching staff

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
They are tuning out. There isn't a shred of hope that this organization can pick the right coach, make the right decision.

If MacT and co. are hiring the next coach, does any one think he'll hit a home run?

I'm going try to take up bowling, just so I can find something, anything, better to do then follow
this absolute joke of an organization.

It's amazing. They are the biggest joke in there entire pro sports world, and the leadership remains employed.
In fact if anything it is zero steps forward two steps back. There is absolutely no reason other than cronyism to explain installing Buchberger as an OKC coach. MacT may have a plan in place for the Oilers but I am beginning to doubt any logical reasons for anything lately with this org.

kickaction

Dec 4, 2014
They only have two coaches in OKC and two games in the next three days. They needed some immediate help. Buchberger is just an interim assistant coach until they can find somebody else. I know you guys don't want them to hire anybody without doing interviews.

Too logical. It's all about being able to find something to complain about.

I mean, it's not like people are lining up to take an interim assistant coach position in the AHL.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
He was never fired. They promoted (lol) him to Manager of Player Personnel when he got taken off the coaching staff in the summer.

It just never ends. And they wonder why they fail: constantly recycling garbage parts that were useless, re-arranging it, and putting it somewhere else in the machine--another cog that doesn't fit right, and the machine fails to achieve its goal. It's just not surprising anymore.

Summary

Oct 13, 2009

I mean, it's not like people are lining up to take an interim assistant coach position in the AHL.

No, it's more like still pointing out the same problem that's been plaguing the organization since Lowe entrenched himself in management.

And actually, as to your second point, yes they are. Do you really think the AHL is the lowest level of hockey there is? There's so, so many coaches that haven't even cracked that level yet and would literally line up for a shot. But when we have a chance to hire a fresh, hungry candidate to prove himself on an interim basis we decide it's easier to give one of our extra buddies something to do.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
In fact if anything it is zero steps forward two steps back. There is absolutely no reason other than cronyism to explain installing Buchberger as an OKC coach. MacT may have a plan in place for the Oilers but I am beginning to doubt any logical reasons for anything lately with this org.

Like I said before. I don't think it's necessarily a plan.

I believe MacT promised there would not be another coach when he hired Eakins, and Katz simply isn't allowing MacT to bring in another coach that he has to pay actual MONEY for.

None of the moves yesterday have cost Katz a cent. He is sick of wasting money on bad management/coaching hires.

Bucky is coaching OKC, because someone on the payroll had to do it.
He is the only one expendable and experienced enough.

I honestly think this might signal the end of the OBC. Katz no longer trusts them to waste his money.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007

Wanna bet? There are only so many coaching jobs around and a ton of people would in fact line up to take a step up for even an interim job.

The Oilers, as usual are either totally unaware of how they are viewed or don't care.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Wanna bet? There are only so many coaching jobs around and a ton of people would in fact line up to take a step up for even an interim job.

The Oilers, as usual are either totally unaware of how they are viewed or don't care.

Or they're not allowed to spend any money.

Summary

Oct 13, 2009
Like I said before. I don't think it's necessarily a plan.

I believe MacT promised there would not be another coach when he hired Eakins, and Katz simply isn't allowing MacT to bring in another coach that he has to pay actual MONEY for.

None of the moves yesterday have cost Katz a cent. He is sick of wasting money on bad management/coaching hires.

Bucky is coaching OKC, because someone on the payroll had to do it.
He is the only one expendable and experienced enough.

I honestly think this might signal the end of the OBC. Katz no longer trusts them to waste his money.

That's totally possible but after all the fans have seen here I expect them to be skeptical. Only counterpoint I see to that is that an interim AHL assistant wouldn't be expensive and that part of our club is actually performing so it's not the place to cheap out on.

Could be that they talked themselves into it by saying they don't want to teach a new hire our system and culture (I know), so it'll be more seamless to bring in someone already familiar.

Musashi

May 23, 2012
Alberta
fd0gz.jpg

lol this deserved some love

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007

That makes more sense, the oilers sports dynasty has always been about spending as much money as they like on the buddies of the team but being very stingy with their money making or break even minor league teams.

Summary

Oct 13, 2009

If such is the case unfortunately I believe it's due solely to the empty seats. Katz tightening the purse strings in anticipation of the only thing he loves more that the OBC taking a hit ($)

TimeForAnOilChange

From OTTERS 2 OILERS
May 4, 2010
Made by MacTambLowe
If such is the case unfortunately I believe it's due solely to the empty seats. Katz tightening the purse strings in anticipation of the only thing he loves more that the OBC taking a hit ($)

Not to mention that the price of oil is on the same trajectory that the Oilers are. Recession incoming? :sarcasm:

After "process", we got "visually" i guess the new hipster term in the oilers world is "interim".....

You forgot "eyeball to eyeball."

As in, "I cant process this team visually until I get eyeball to eyeball with them in the interim", or something like that. :laugh:

Tekneek

Nov 28, 2004
And actually, as to your second point, yes they are. Do you really think the AHL is the lowest level of hockey there is? There's so, so many coaches that haven't even cracked that level yet and would literally line up for a shot. But when we have a chance to hire a fresh, hungry candidate to prove himself on an interim basis we decide it's easier to give one of our extra buddies something to do.

I expect they will hire someone soon, certainly before the end of the month.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad