Confirmed with Link: Kelly Buchberger re-hired and will join OKC coaching staff

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
It doesnt matter minor role or not. The optics are horrible. This organization has no shame.

this. they truly don't care what anyone thinks, or are completely clueless.

it's like the Sopranos run the Oilers. they are a cabal. an unstoppable regime.

I think it's pretty obvious Katz told them they weren't allowed to waste more of his money on terribad personnel choices.

All of these changes, reek of 'not spending a single cent' of Katz's money.

I think this might be the final year of the OBC! THe trust is gone!

HORRAY!!!!!

:D

makes sense.

KMart27

Jun 9, 2013
They only have two coaches in OKC and two games in the next three days. They needed some immediate help. Buchberger is just an interim assistant coach until they can find somebody else. I know you guys don't want them to hire anybody without doing interviews.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
But he's not the head coach. He is an interim assistant. One of their two assistants got the HC position, so it only makes sense the at least temporarily fill one of the AC positions.

And is there any proof whatsoever of players hating him? The "he said, she said" stuff doesn't count.

Do you think Mac T will be coaching again next year? They are obviously keen on Nelson as a replace HC. Its just bad timing, things are getting interesting in OKC, this is a team that could compete for a title and it will benefit the prospects on that team. They seem to be finally getting decent Defense down on the farm, i don't know if suddenly yanking a dude out of position before hes had a chance to finish the season and do good things for the younger players is the best idea.

The players on the Oilers now are basically ruined and of low trading value. I would hope that the future roster is not messed up by hiring unqualified staff to replace a good coach that is having success in the minors. That's just me personally, i would never mess with the franchise mid season with a successful team. Keep him away from all the suck until the proper people have been gotten rid.

Summary

Oct 13, 2009
Indeed. That is also what the website says, so I doubt they had to do any re-hiring for somebody that was already on the payroll. Rather than go with one less coach in OKC, they sent somebody with coaching experience that was already with the org. Let's all freak out about something that makes basic sense.

Even though I know you're joking, you sound so serious.

But it's such a bad idea I know you're obviosly joking. No other explanation

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Buchburger better only be there fora short time.

fd0gz.jpg

Summary

Oct 13, 2009
(long gasp for breath).......... ################################################!

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
And the wheel goes round and round. Be an ex-Oiler, get a coaching job, prove yourself incompetent, and eventually, many years later than it should be, due only to public opinion, manage to get yourself fired.

Then....years later, after hiding in another Oiler job portfolio, sneakily make your way back on to the coaching staff through the back door. Rinse and repeat.

You can't write a crazier book than this.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I dropped by to just read this but I have to comment. Between the avy's, the gif, and the creative humour you guys are amazing. :handclap::laugh: As an outside fan of a team that hasn't earned the right to pick up a stone let alone throw it, I have to say this thread has had me belly laughing.

impressive

:bow:

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
Visually i'm not sure what's worse - MacT coming back, or one of the good ole boys going back to the AHL bench. Utterly disgusting.

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
10 days ago were visually better and showing progress, all of a sudden we lose only 3 games in a row and changes are being made. MINDBOGGLING

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
What they need to do is hire one of the following people for the next head coach:

- Ryan Smyth
- Mark Messier
- Wayne Gretzky
- Paul Coffey
- Jari Kurri
- Doug Weight

Even if none of these guys are experienced, it makes sense to bring in people who are comfortable with the franchise. Right?

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I just spent half an hour browsing through memes to express how I feel about this.

Nothing I could find sufficed.

I'd like an animation of that Picard/Riker double face palm and their heads explode and when the explosion clears you can see Mac-T and K-Lowe's faces... and they've got that classic troll faces flashing in and into view over their heads.

That's the only thing that would make sense right now.

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
Appointments like this show they either don't care what people think of them, or don't realize what people think of them.

Either way they are ****ing clueless

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
They only have two coaches in OKC and two games in the next three days. They needed some immediate help. Buchberger is just an interim assistant coach until they can find somebody else. I know you guys don't want them to hire anybody without doing interviews.

Yup.
Thats how I see this as well. Nelson will be back at the end of the NHL season and Buchberger will be out.

This move is a big fat meh. Nothing to see here.

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
Given the past decade, I'd be more shocked if Buchburger didn't get shuffled to such a position.

Summary

Oct 13, 2009
Appointments like this show they either don't care what people think of them, or don't realize what people think of them.

Either way they are ****ing clueless

Pretty much.

This isn't the time for us to be hearing the names of any OBC members being given roles they still don't deserve. Frankly people are tuning out and this will just make the average fan feel more justified in doing so.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
Pretty much.

This isn't the time for us to be hearing the names of any OBC members being given roles they still don't deserve. Frankly people are tuning out and this will just make the average fan feel more justified in doing so.

They are tuning out. There isn't a shred of hope that this organization can pick the right coach, make the right decision.

If MacT and co. are hiring the next coach, does any one think he'll hit a home run?

I'm going try to take up bowling, just so I can find something, anything, better to do then follow
this absolute joke of an organization.

It's amazing. They are the biggest joke in there entire pro sports world, and the leadership remains employed.

Epoh

Nov 22, 2014
They are tuning out. There isn't a shred of hope that this organization can pick the right coach, make the right decision.

If MacT and co. are hiring the next coach, does any one think he'll hit a home run?

I'm going try to take up bowling, just so I can find something, anything, better to do then follow
this absolute joke of an organization.

It's amazing. They are the biggest joke in there entire pro sports world, and the leadership remains employed.

It has been a story so crazy that good fiction could never convey the absurdity, what interests me at this point is what it will finally take before the Lowe and Mac T and any remnants of the past are left. I find Lowe's firing or 'demotion' to be the most intriguing.

What is so sad is they don't realize the entire hockey world is laughing at them, and probably the pro sports world as well. I always picture the Oilers at any league meetings with owners and GM's just sitting alone together or beside Sather because they were all buddies in the past...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad