Confirmed with Link: Keith Yandle Signs One Year Deal With Flyers ($900K W/ NTC)

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Its so funny, i really never heard from "Grün und Blau schmückt die Sau", but it should be from near munich i guess?

Sport ist Mord is a very popular thing, for girls and fat men to say ;D

I´am from near Cologne so i can speak a bit "Kölsch". It´s very unique and sometimes far away from the normal grammar and speech. But if i´am speaking to old cologne people i also have a hard time to understand them.

Is this the same in the USA? Do you understand all people around the country if they rly speak their accent?

Most American dialects aren't hard to understand, especially these days between TV and people moving around, you don't have extreme dialects anymore.

When I moved to Texas I had no problem understanding "Southern" (East Texas) or "Western Twang" (West Texas). North Texas is just baja Oklahoma where they sound like "American flat", while South Texas, I don't have a clue what they're saying 'cause I don't speak Spanish.

After a while I start using "y'all" without thinking about it.

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany

1. he loves the flyers jerseys
2. he thinks the flyers acquired great names to the roster and are committed to winning
3. he loves to pranks guys and Laughton has arleady tried to prank him
4. Laughton is one of the funniest guys, said KEVIN HAYES to him
5. He is high on KEVIN HAYES
6. He is in fear of Gritty so he will not prank him

Guys maybe its a bit unfair from me, but: If i would need a godfather for my newborn i would take him.

But nothing in this interview seems to be about hockey! What are the flyers doing? Trading for nice easy people who will laugh together and have a funny season?! Maybe Ghost and Voracek were too much commited to winning that they destroy the FUN IN THE LOCKERROOM for Fletcher, AV and his funny boiiissss

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Yeah, god forbid we add some likable team players. Should've traded for Evander Kane or signed Tony DeAngelo...

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
Most American dialects aren't hard to understand, especially these days between TV and people moving around, you don't have extreme dialects anymore.

When I moved to Texas I had no problem understanding "Southern" (East Texas) or "Western Twang" (West Texas). North Texas is just baja Oklahoma where they sound like "American flat", while South Texas, I don't have a clue what they're saying 'cause I don't speak Spanish.

After a while I start using "y'all" without thinking about it.

Oddly, I have picked up "Howdy" in ten months in Texas, but "y'all" is still foreign to me. I guess it's due to the fact that you greet people how they greet you. I do like the back windshield decal someone at my church has, though: "AND ALSO WITH Y'ALL"

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
God forbid we change the makeup of a team coming off a terribly disappointing season and that has been plagued by slow starts and inconsistency for a decade.
The legacy of Giroux’s reign as captain comes into focus: slow starts, furious runs to make the playoffs every other year, but too spent to go anywhere. Great.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
"hes barely going to play!"

"If a kid cant beat him out, whats that say about the kid!?!"

He's not NHL ready. It's that simple.
When a kid is NHL ready, it's obvious.
Farabee two years ago, Allison this spring.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I like that you still think this team is run purely on merit and not bias despite the mountain of evidence against that

You mean the molehill of evidence?
Every example put forth is easily refuttable.

Take Frost for example, how could they send him down to the AHL then trade for Thompson?

Well, it's simple, as a rookie he was subpar defensively, he had 3 points his first two games, then a total of 4 assists over his next 18 games, 1-5 6 ES over 20 games isn't what you want from a 3C - Laughton was also subpar defensively as a rookie, but was at least a reliable scorer. And he got sent down the next year for a full AHL season.

The fact that Thompson performed below expectations in the playoffs (he was fine in his short end of season cameo) doesn't make Frost NHL ready. If Frost or Bunnaman had shown they could handle center, they never would have traded for Thompson.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
You mean the molehill of evidence?
Every example put forth is easily refuttable.

Take Frost for example, how could they send him down to the AHL then trade for Thompson?

Well, it's simple, as a rookie he was subpar defensively, he had 3 points his first two games, then a total of 4 assists over his next 18 games, 1-5 6 ES over 20 games isn't what you want from a 3C - Laughton was also subpar defensively as a rookie, but was at least a reliable scorer. And he got sent down the next year for a full AHL season.

The fact that Thompson performed below expectations in the playoffs (he was fine in his short end of season cameo) doesn't make Frost NHL ready. If Frost or Bunnaman had shown they could handle center, they never would have traded for Thompson.

If Frost is better than players on the NHL roster, then he is NHL ready. You do not make the team worse.

Do you think it is good management to make the team worse?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

As a rookie, Laughton had 5 ESP in 31 games. 353:43 ES TOI.

As a rookie, Frost had 6 ESP in 20 games. 228:40 ES TOI.

Last edited:

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
They interviewed Yandle on NHLtv the other day....said players like playing for AV and his door is always open.....:help:

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
They interviewed Yandle on NHLtv the other day....said players like playing for AV and his door is always open.....:help:
Shhh. Doesn’t fit the narrative.

Forget Yandle coming here, having played under AV previously, and saying players like him.

Forget Laughton saying he loved the staff.

Forget Couturier backing the staff & saying the players were at fault.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Laughton only played 31 games on a much thinner team.
7th -12 TOI: Raffl, Umberger, Laughton, White/Vinnie, PEB, VdV, Rinaldo
The next year, at 21 years old, Laughton played 71g, 7-14 21, 9:38 a night at ES, and was sent back to the AHL the following year.

Frost at 21 had a shot and got hurt.
He was initially blocked: Couts, G, Hayes, TK, Lindblom, Voracek, Farabee, Patrick, JVR, Raffl, Laughton, NAK was the first game forwards - so what mediocre veteran did he sit for?
Started the 3rd game with Couts injured, got injured in the 4th game.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Christ Himself could play RD and still couldnt knock Provorov off PP1 in this staff's eyes.

pope-francis-angry.jpg

Swic21

Jan 8, 2012
Canada

Not against what your saying, but who were Laughtons line mates in that time, and who were Frost’s? They have very different style and expectations. Curious as to who each were playing with.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Laughton
2015-16: Read (351), Umberger (223), White (126), Cousins (123)
2017-18: Raffl (355), Leier (305), Lehtera (237), Weal (192), Read (102)
Frost
2019-20: Giroux (104), TK (95), Pitlick (53), JVR (51)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad