Player Discussion Keith Yandle: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeGarelli

Jun 24, 2013
does yandle even play a game that wears down with age? he doesnt block shots, he doesnt pk, he doesnt fight, he doesnt hit, he rarely gets hit... I dont know why age would be an issue with the guy..

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
does yandle even play a game that wears down with age? he doesnt block shots, he doesnt pk, he doesnt fight, he doesnt hit, he rarely gets hit... I dont know why age would be an issue with the guy..
Every player wears down with age. I think Yandle is a good candidate that will wear down less and/or later in his career, but there's always risk there.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Helicopter.

Country club atmosphere, bro ;)

Love The Players Tribune.

Another amazing article. This makes me love Yandle even more and realize how important it is we keep him.

This leads me to believe he might be willing to not fleece the Rangers for everything and could settle and sign a decent deal that keeps him here. He seems to really love the city and everything playing for the Rangers has to offer.

If he was going to play hardball, why would he write an article like this? Doesn't help his negotiation at all.

Time will tell, but Keith ****ing Yandle is the man.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
So is it even feasible to deal staal to say Carolina to play w Jordan ? Eric likely returns for cheaper imo to the canes too

Just get a 2nd back , sign yandle . Everyone happy ?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I love the fact that him and Hayes do their pump-up dance thing with the elevator guy.

I freakin' love Keith Yandle. He's just a big kid.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012

I would love to keep Yandle here for sure.

Just reading that article makes me want to keep him. Every sentence screams "Work ethic"

So is it even feasible to deal staal to say Carolina to play w Jordan ? Eric likely returns for cheaper imo to the canes too

Just get a 2nd back , sign yandle . Everyone happy ?

It's absolutely possible. Carolina gets a solid #2LW on a cheap $3-4M deal, Staal comes in and plays with his brothers which automatically elevates his play, plus he's locked in at $5.7M for several more years, which essentially keeps him cost controlled. Jordan is their #2C, and they draft a solid #1 potential guy in this years draft.

Hey, maybe we can trade them Raanta as a starter for 2 2nd's and a 3rd :laugh:

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Carolina's defense is young and good and going to get better. The last thing they want is M. Staal blocking a player from grabbing a spot for the next 5 years.

Also, every article I see on Eric Staal these days is how happy he is to be back in the playoffs. How he was jealous of Marc every spring. Probably not going to be the easiest to have Marc leave this environment for that one...

Final point: the Hurricanes are probably one of the more analytically involved organizations in the league. They aren't going to add Staal.

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
Just reading that article makes me want to keep him. Every sentence screams "Work ethic"

It's absolutely possible. Carolina gets a solid #2LW on a cheap $3-4M deal, Staal comes in and plays with his brothers which automatically elevates his play, plus he's locked in at $5.7M for several more years, which essentially keeps him cost controlled. Jordan is their #2C, and they draft a solid #1 potential guy in this years draft.

Hey, maybe we can trade them Raanta as a starter for 2 2nd's and a 3rd :laugh:

Being locked up to an overpriced contract is not the intended context of "cost controlled." Plus, isn't Carolina one of the organizations that are big on analytics? If so, they won't go anywhere near Marc.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Yandle might be willing to give the Rangers a bit of a deal, like Stralman reportedly was, but it's not like he's going to give them 5 years at $4 mill or something. It's gonna be over $6 mill and at least 6 years long so the question is whether it's worth re-signing him for that and if they even can re-sign him for that.

And that's assuming he's willing to give them a bit of a discount and doesn't just hold out for getting $7+ mill and 7 years on the open market

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I know that everyone wants Yandle resigned, but let's be realistic in our desires here.

The reality is that they may not find a way to get Yandle signed. Too many dominoes have to fall first.

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
You have to think that if he truly wanted to be here that badly he'd been negotiating a contract with NYR and not waiting until this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad