Keith Olbermann lights Steve Simmons up

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
Steve Simmons is the ultimate troll.

He knows exactly how to wind up the people in this market with his writing.

Every article he writes that has vaguely controversial tones, ends up all over twitter / it's own thread here / etc.

He's successfully managed to get everyone talking about him, and on a big weekend as well.

He knows how to get people to react and that's why the Toronto Sun will never fire him - because regardless of his journalistic integrity, people still pay attention to him.

Steve Simmons - successfully trolling a fanbase for years & years & years.

Someone who gets it. Well done! It is rather amazing how many people choose to use an obvious troll's opinions as proof in their arguments though.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
Zero aside from the maple leafs. Get off your high horse.

No leafs = no 5.2b tv deal.

They also cut the largest revenue sharing cheque in the league so teams like Arizona and Florida can circumvent the salary floor and pocket the money, and still remain unprofitable. Where would they be without revenue sharing?

Last edited:

Calacatz

Jacked!
Aug 10, 2005
Simmons is the biggest POS I have ever interacted with.. Not only did he stumble over his words in a f2f Leafs debate we had in the past, he even blocked me on Twitter cause I was debating a few of his views....
The guy wants to be a Sports writer but can't debate Sports with people?
Not only does he publish rubbish, his character is a joke too..

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Steve Simmons is the ultimate troll.

He knows exactly how to wind up the people in this market with his writing.

Every article he writes that has vaguely controversial tones, ends up all over twitter / it's own thread here / etc.

He's successfully managed to get everyone talking about him, and on a big weekend as well.

He knows how to get people to react and that's why the Toronto Sun will never fire him - because regardless of his journalistic integrity, people still pay attention to him.

Steve Simmons - successfully trolling a fanbase for years & years & years.

What do you suppose is his motivation to be such a calculating troll?

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Simmons vs Sundin (career ending injury?)
Simmons vs Dana White (UFC on its way down?)
Simmons vs Jose Bautista (Twittergate)
Simmons vs Hot dogs

Has Simmons ever posted anything that made you say "that was intelligent"?

Don't forget Burke smacking him down in a press conference and how Simmons' subsequent columns became even more small and petty when discussing the Leafs. And when Burke was fired he spouted off to Simmons again, which was hilarious.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
When you're defending an article written by Simmons you should probably reevaluate your position.

The guy blatantly lied in the article: how can you take anyting else he says seriously... He's lost all integrity.

You can't lose what you never had.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
I am so glad Kessel is not wearing a Leaf Jersey anymore. Shanny and company could not get his butt out of Toronto fast enough. That is all anyone should need to know about Kessel!

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
I am so glad Kessel is not wearing a Leaf Jersey anymore. Shanny and company could not get his butt out of Toronto fast enough. That is all anyone should need to know about Kessel!

This guy has such a man-crush on Kessel that he keeps bringing him up in conversations that have nothing to do with the guy.

This is a thread about the idiot Simmons who had made a living off being an idiot. He's focused on and bashed many of the most successful sports personalities associated with this city and time and again, comes off looking like an imbecile.

Remember that scrub Mats? What the hell did he ever accomplish? Great call on that one no?

Bionda

AL East Champions
Dec 31, 2007
Toronto, ON
I usually like Olbermann's pieces. He's wrong though. Toronto will always be a key city in the NHL, and are still a relevant franchise. We keep this pathetic league afloat, we fund all these sunbelt teams that shouldn't be in existence. I think Simmons is a poor writer, but Kessel is fat jokes will always be amusing. He's just doesn't look like an athlete.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
He has the ammo to say we are a laughing stock. Won't disagree with this. We still have no GM and are coming off a 68 point season under a new regime after making the playoffs once a decade, asterisk season. No cup since 67. Can't argue with Olbermann at all.

A bad regime under Shanahan? Are you for real?

:shakehead

Its a little early to deem the Shanahan regime as either successful or a failure.

Sure, we definitely feel good about rebuilding and the direction the organization is taking.

But, we haven't nearly enough evidence or time to suggest that we are really tracking well or being successful vis-a-vis these goals.

Marner and/or Nylander will turn out to be good players no doubt, but who can say that players taken 10 slots lower might turn out to be much better? We just don't know yet. Everything is relative.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
I usually like Olbermann's pieces. He's wrong though. Toronto will always be a key city in the NHL, and are still a relevant franchise. We keep this pathetic league afloat, we fund all these sunbelt teams that shouldn't be in existence. I think Simmons is a poor writer, but Kessel is fat jokes will always be amusing. He's just doesn't look like an athlete.

my guess he told simmons he was going to bash it ......they both loved the PR .
just like that ross or rossi guy in pittsburgh trashing kapannen
funny a year ago they said they had "STEAL" now they say they stole kessel
its a scripted to sell newspapers

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Skip to about 2:20.

Finally, a mainstream media guy exposing Simmons for what he really is. A hack. A true hack.

As far as Kessel goes, he's absolutely not without fault and this trade was needed to change the culture and finally start the rebuild, the blame of the previous era should fall squarely on Brian Burke and Dave Nonis, for relying on complementary players to be your core pieces and then building a **** team around them.

Just a warning it is very critical of the Leafs (mostly management), but it's not like it's undeserved.

Olbermann:

Leafs are not an Original Six

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/11/10/keith-olbermann-original-6_n_6133876.html

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Its a little early to deem the Shanahan regime as either successful or a failure.

Sure, we definitely feel good about rebuilding and the direction the organization is taking.

But, we haven't nearly enough evidence or time to suggest that we are really tracking well or being successful vis-a-vis these goals.

Marner and/or Nylander will turn out to be good players no doubt, but who can say that players taken 10 slots lower might turn out to be much better? We just don't know yet. Everything is relative.

This is a reasonable premise to me. All Shanahan is doing is what Edmonton has tried to do for years. Finish low and pick high.

For now, let's hope we are more successful than they have been, up until they won Mcdavid and hired Chiarelli who seems to be putting a good team together. Heck even the Pens won Crosby. And Chicago had their luck winning a lottery too.

What Shanahan is trying to do is not revolutionary, doesn't take a genius to tank. Let's hope it works better for us than it has for Edmonton to this point.

Babcocks Marner

It's a magical time
Mar 3, 2015
Toronto
This is a reasonable premise to me. All Shanahan is doing is what Edmonton has tried to do for years. Finish low and pick high.

For now, let's hope we are more successful than they have been, up until they won Mcdavid and hired Chiarelli who seems to be putting a good team together. Heck even the Pens won Crosby. And Chicago had their luck winning a lottery too.

What Shanahan is trying to do is not revolutionary, doesn't take a genius to tank. Let's hope it works better for us than it has for Edmonton to this point.

Love the pic change. I hate that guy's smug face :laugh: ;)

Cotton

May 13, 2013
I don't really want to watch the vid again so I'm working off memory but, did he even bash Simmons? I seem to recall he taking everything Simmons wrote and pretty much using it to bash Toronto. Which I believe he's done before, which is kind of funny because he's a casual fan and not much better then Simmons.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Guess Dougie Hamilton is a problem too...so was Seguin.

It's a cap world, teams don't simply line up for a player earning top dollars with term.

Simmon's article is a witch hunt -- and a stab on the back of someone who's already out the door -- you don't need to have anywhere close to perfect vision to see it for what it is.

That said, trading Kessel makes sense...the Leafs just drafted Marner at 4...they need to finish low again next season to draft another elite prospect as part of the core going forward...having Kessel around won't help with the rebuild or the tank.

Maybe he was?
http://www.nhltraderumors.me/2015/06/dougie-hamiltons-teammates-in-boston.html

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
This guy is a bit of an idiot too, I don't like Simmons either, but Olbermann fails as a comedian and in my opinion flops.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I don't buy the Toronto Sun, look at Toronto Sun articles because of him, and I don't follow him on twitter, worst type of media/writer.

Ho Borvat

Sep 29, 2009
What do you suppose is his motivation to be such a calculating troll?

Its all just clickbait.

People get outraged... start bashing Steve Simmons... he probably doesn't even look at his mentions... but he knows people are going to read his crappy made up hotdog story because its just a blatant character assassination piece.

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
the irony of Olbermann an obvious hack going after Simmons is hillarious

they come from the same **** mold - they should love eachother

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: