Confirmed with Link: Keith Jones actually set to be named real life part-time President of Hockey Operations, Danny Briere full-time GM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I'm going off what they've said repeatedly, Briere has final authority over personnel.
Jones will supervise and advise, and Hilferty expects collaboration (and I presume keeping him in the loop).
So you'd want someone that is going to supervise and advise to actually know what the hell he's talking about and put in work instead of working for some other entity, would you not?

Again, this entire conversation came about when it was claimed that it was crazy to believe that the Flyers would have Jones stay in the broadcast booth.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I'm going off what they've said repeatedly, Briere has final authority over personnel.
Jones will supervise and advise, and Hilferty expects collaboration (and I presume keeping him in the loop).

Sounds like a good way to keep failing, since all these people collaborated to put the team where it is now.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
So you'd want someone that is going to supervise and advise to actually know what the hell he's talking about and put in work instead of working for some other entity, would you not?

Again, this entire conversation came about when it was claimed that it was crazy to believe that the Flyers would have Jones stay in the broadcast booth.

The Flyers have made no managerial errors since 2018, it's the damnedest thing. I blame Lake Tahoe.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Isn't almost everyone in the NHL at the SC Finals?
It's not a good venue for your President to hob nob?
Isn't that part of his job?
He just has the best seat in the house to boot. :DD

Reactions: Don Nachbaur 26

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
You said you have no idea how the front office works, no one should pay any heed to your opinions on the matter.

"Zero chance Jones stays in the booth, that's outrageous. Could you imagine a team's president of hockey ops calling games as a broadcaster? Insane take, it will never happen."

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You said you have no idea how the front office works, no one should pay any heed to your opinions on the matter.

"Zero chance Jones stays in the booth, that's outrageous. Could you imagine a team's president of hockey ops calling games as a broadcaster? Insane take, it will never happen."
Please ignore me, you have nothing to offer in the form of useful dialogue.
That way, we'll both be happy.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Please ignore me, you have nothing to offer in the form of useful dialogue.
That way, we'll both be happy.
Actually, informing other people of things you have said that make your diatribes ring hollow is quite useful, just not to you. Though I could see why you wouldn't like people pointing it out.

It's useful context for anyone who has to read your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad