Confirmed with Link: Keith Jones actually set to be named real life part-time President of Hockey Operations, Danny Briere full-time GM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
It's a reporter's job to speculate. Sweet

20230607_211449.gif

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I truly believe that Jones isn't going anywhere in the booth. He may not do every game but he'll likely do the same amount that he's always done. The Flyers will market this as some type of ahead of the curve set up.

Jones was hired to sell propaganda and that's exactly what he's going to do on the broadcasts.

Get yourself a man that can do both.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I can't see that happening. If another player hurts a Flyer with a borderline hit, the league is not going to stand for the President of a team giving his opinions in real time on that.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Couldn't he do both like Jones did?
TNT has been more amenable to that because all of their on-air talent except for the studio do local broadcasts. At ESPN, that’s not what they do aside from very specific exceptions. Although, they’re about to do a bunch of layoffs.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Agreed. I’m hoping for Boucher on TV.

I don’t mind Cohen as much as many here do, because I appreciate he’s one of the few willing to criticize players.

That said, it’s a style that gets more leeway on radio than TV, & Boucher is better.

Gotta wonder if Therien goes back to radio, though.
I know it is due to being in Montreal but whenever I see Thérien, my first thought is Michel. My first-second response to him being the new colour commentator was ... not favourable. ;)

“You’re not firing me, I quit!” energy.

Pangs of guilt

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think Therien is past doing radio. Believe he said he would work for the team though if asked

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I truly believe that Jones isn't going anywhere in the booth. He may not do every game but he'll likely do the same amount that he's always done. The Flyers will market this as some type of ahead of the curve set up.

Jones was hired to sell propaganda and that's exactly what he's going to do on the broadcasts.

Get yourself a man that can do both.
There is absolutely zero chance Keith Jones is staying in the booth.

You can’t possibly truly believe that.

Reactions: Don Nachbaur 26
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad