Confirmed with Link: Keith Jones actually set to be named real life part-time President of Hockey Operations, Danny Briere full-time GM

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He's currently staying in the booth while president. He was hired to dispense propaganda. There is a massive chance he stays in the booth.
TNT guys also have in their contracts that they have to give notice upon leaving, not sure if it’s 30 or 45 days. That’s why, among other reasons, the Canucks hiring Tocchet was such a mess.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
TNT guys also have in their contracts that they have to give notice upon leaving, not sure if it’s 30 or 45 days. That’s why, among other reasons, the Canucks hiring Tocchet was such a mess.
Comcast has stated that they'll give any amount of money to aid the front office and the team... I'm sure they could have cut a check to TNT to get Jones free and clear if they really wanted.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Comcast has stated that they'll give any amount of money to aid the front office and the team... I'm sure they could have cut a check to TNT to get Jones free and clear if they really wanted.
Not going to do it gratuitously though.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If you think it's important to have your President of Hockey Operations in the building every single day then you do it.

They seemingly do not because he's a glorified PR guy.
And what is Jones going to do before the draft and free agency?
Sit in a room and watch film 12 hours a day?
Heck, even Briere admitted he hadn't watched Grans, I mean it's not like he has time to watch film on a 100+ potential trade throw-ins.
It's why you pay scouts - the key is to pay the right scouts.

Reactions: renberg

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Heck, even Briere admitted he hadn't watched Grans, I mean it's not like he has time to watch film on a 100+ potential trade throw-ins.

Yes. I would like it if someone in this organization starts acting with some kind of attention to detail.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Yes, actually, if he's going to be involved in roster building as it's been alluded to recently. I expect him to be working for the organization and not for some outside entity if you expect to be taken seriously.

The alternative is that he's not actually involved in the day to day and is just a glorified PR person which the organization is fine with him not being around. That being the reality is exactly why it is completely realistic that Jones is going to be staying in the Flyers broadcast booth which is what this original conversation was about.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Yes, actually, if he's going to be involved in roster building as it's been alluded to recently. I expect him to be working for the organization and not for some outside entity if you expect to be taken seriously.

The alternative is that he's not actually involved in the day to day and is just a glorified PR person which the organization is fine with him not being around. That being the reality is exactly why it is completely realistic that Jones is going to be staying in the Flyers broadcast booth which is what this original conversation was about.
They said he wasn't going to be hands on when it came to roster building.
Note that Briere kept Hilferty and Jones in the loop, he has final authority, but he's not a prick like Hextall.
Doesn't hurt to pick up the phone and make your superiors feel like they know what's going on instead of blindsiding them.

Notice the one Briere didn't say he called was Torts - because I don't think Torts is interested in giving specific input (other than on NHL players he's seen enough to have an opinion) - Torts input is probably more philosophical, "don't trade for Laine and his ilk."

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
They said he wasn't going to be hands on when it came to roster building.
Note that Briere kept Hilferty and Jones in the loop, he has final authority, but he's not a prick like Hextall.
Doesn't hurt to pick up the phone and make your superiors feel like they know what's going on instead of blindsiding them.

Notice the one Briere didn't say he called was Torts - because I don't think Torts is interested in giving specific input (other than on NHL players he's seen enough to have an opinion) - Torts input is probably more philosophical, "don't trade for Laine and his ilk."
Once again, you know 100% how the front office works despite saying yourself that you have no idea how it works.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Once again, you know 100% how the front office works despite saying yourself that you have no idea how it works.
I'm going off what they've said repeatedly, Briere has final authority over personnel.
Jones will supervise and advise, and Hilferty expects collaboration (and I presume keeping him in the loop).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad