• Carlo

Votes: 88 69.3%
  • Coyle

Votes: 88 69.3%

• Total voters

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I'm a bit surprised how many are not concern with Bertuzzi's skating and how that would age on a long-term deal.

The Florida Panthers just defeated Bertuzzi's Bruins and did it running a Top 9 that had ONE forward who was older than Bertuzzi (Nick Cousins).
IMO it isnt a big deal since he has been successful up to now without being a good skater because of his hockey IQ (on the offensive side). Kind of like a lesser Pavelski who aged well since he never had to rely on his skating to begin with.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
In your estimation were Lucic or Horton ever good skaters? I get eras and all, but prime Lucic and prime Horton today would still be great.

I just want Bertuzzi camped near the blue paint. I'm ok using zone starts to help mitigate the rest. I totally agree with you that the rest of the roster should try and gain some speed where possible. Bertuzzi is also 28. I think we can do ok signing him to say 34? Would he accept? Marchy is 34 right now.

Horton was a better skater than Bertuzzi and much better than Lucic.

I know it doesn't feel like that long ago, but the NHL in 2023 is WAY faster than it was in 2011, especially in the playoffs.

I expect the NHL in 2026 or 2027 to be faster than it is today. Meanwhile, Bertuzzi will likely be slower than he is now.

It's years 5-6-7 that really concern me with him.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
IMO it isnt a big deal since he has been successful up to now without being a good skater because of his hockey IQ (on the offensive side). Kind of like a lesser Pavelski who aged well since he never had to rely on his skating to begin with.

I get the Pavelski comparison but they are on different levels hockey IQ wise.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Didn't the Bruins kill like 49 in a row when Forbort was out of action ?
Maybe but Forbs seems like a great guy and animal lover; so I been reading all these knowledgeable Bruins fans on Twitter & here say they will suck - why not atleast have a likeable shitty team AND a good Bruins Dog Calendar with a couple of familiar dogs

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
Voted for Swayman, Debrusk, Hall, Carlo, Gryz and Coyle. But i didn't notice Lindholm, so i'd swap him for Gryz. ideally i'd keep Hall and Bert, but the cap is a thing and i don't know that they'd get full value for moving Hall

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Ulmark, Coyle, Grzelcyk, and Forbort. One or two could/should be cap casulites

Swayman, (duh)
Like Bertuzzi, don't know how to fit him in, but keep. If not, replace with Coyle
Hall needs to come back if the goal is to ice a good team.
Debrusk signed one more year, no reason to trade unless the team is doing poorly
Lindholm same as Hall.
Carlo. Since he is no longer playing above his head in ice time he has been good

frankiess

Jan 31, 2019
Maybe but Forbs seems like a great guy and animal lover; so I been reading all these knowledgeable Bruins fans on Twitter & here say they will suck - why not atleast have a likeable shitty team AND a good Bruins Dog Calendar with a couple of familiar dogs
''shitty'' you say? With Monty?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
''shitty'' you say? With Monty?
I guess - Twitter mostly discussing team crappy. Working thru threads here

I’ve learned here the 135 points were fraudulent On a few posts

Monty will be better next season

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
I came up with Sway, Debrusk and Lindholm if he really was injured because if not that is a major concern. Thats all i got.

I’d like to keep Bert but he will be too expensive most likely. I like Hall but his production doesn’t match his salary. I dont mind Carlo but the defense needs a revamp, build around Mac and Lindholm everyone else can go.

frankiess

Jan 31, 2019
I guess - Twitter mostly discussing team crappy. Working thru threads here

I’ve learned here the 135 points were fraudulent On a few posts

Monty will be better next season
I'm sure he will be. Cassidy probably would have lost in 5.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
I let Gryz, Orlov, Forbort go for sure. I entertain offers on Linus, Hall and Debrusk, but ultimately try to keep and re-sign Debrusk. The rest are the guys I keep.
I think you can get Orlov on a good deal at 32 sure he is not 6 million dollar D -man

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
The more I look at the Bruins cap the more apparent it is that to bring back Bertuzzi, one of Hall or Debrusk have to go. Even Debrusk at 4.0 million really doesn't free up enough on his own. I also factored in buyouts on Forbort and Reilly.

I think it comes down to deciding on Bertuzzi or Hall. Production-wise the next two year it could be one or the other who is more productive, which one is hard to say. It could be a wash.

I'd almost rather keep the cap flexibility of a larger contract coming off the books in 2 years. Hall's cap hit will also likely be smaller than Bertuzzi's, which considering how tight their cap will be, that difference (which would I say at least a million if not more) is not an inconsequential amount.

Reactions: wintersej

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Swayman
Coyle
Carlo
Lindholm
DeBrusk

I only had 5. Sway is the future in net, Coyle is a dependable middle 6 center who costs too much but I can stomach it because this roster is desperately light on up the middle. Carlo is likewise solid and not expensive for what he brings. Lindholm had a bad playoffs but is generally a very good player and well worth keeping as a key defender who's not yet 30. DeBrusk is a steal on his current contract and hopefully can be kept on the Bs for a long time yet. Can play both wings.

Not against dealing Ullmark. I see the Bruins as playing the longer game now so having a young or cheap veteran backup is fine in the short term and he will bring good value at the trade table. Forbort, Clifton, Orlov, whatever, move on. Same for Hathaway and Foligno. I like Bertuzzi but I see zero reason why he'd stick around so don't consider him a realistic option to be retained. Hall is fine but a bit streaky and like Linus I think he'd be worth something and he's over 30 so not a priority player long-term. Gryz I'm not against keeping but he's on the outer with Monty and his playoff record remains wanting, so perhaps time to cut ties.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad