Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Carlo

Votes: 88 69.3%
  • Coyle

Votes: 88 69.3%

• Total voters

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
It is but the part that Sweeney is in a tight spot with the Cap and other GM‘s offering maybe less he’s probably right about.
If they are actually planning on selling off then they should just retain salary on the deals. If they are selling off they are basically saying it’s a rebuild year. Teams are in a cap crunch but they’ll pay up if salary is retained.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
May as well see if they can get a 2nd rounder for Pasta.

That would help with the Cap even more.
No but pretty sure someone that gets moved we will probably think,man we didn’t get enough in return,Sweeney has his hands full this offseason that’s for sure,and Bergy needs to let him know what his plans are pronto.

RHR37

Dec 24, 2019
I personally think you have to look at moving Ullmark. He has a M-MTC and his value will never be higher.

Plus you can shed some cap

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Sway, Bert, Hampus, Coyle, Carlo, JDB for me, Probably we see both goalies retained, but I was working off the idea with this exercise that there can be only one. If it's a case of either having a gutted forward corps, or two goalies, I'd prefer to keep Sway. Bruins have 7F under contract for next season (on the NHL roster) and that includes AJ Greer.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
May as well see if they can get a 2nd rounder for Pasta.

That would help with the Cap even more.

I didn't say he'd accept a 3rd. I'm saying he's probably going to get offered that by some.

Will there be a deal he'd accept? For example I don't think he's offered a 1st...

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
If they are actually planning on selling off then they should just retain salary on the deals. If they are selling off they are basically saying it’s a rebuild year. Teams are in a cap crunch but they’ll pay up if salary is retained.
I don’t think there in a sell off year,but they definitely have to move players to be under the cap,so it’s going to be dicey.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Tough for me to find 6. I had Swayman and Coyle (+ Zacha because of the c-situation), anyone else can be talked about, but I‘d also lean towards keeping Lindholm and Hall.

SonnyBoy

Jan 25, 2022
Sway, Bert, Hampus, Coyle, Carlo, JDB for me, Probably we see both goalies retained, but I was working off the idea with this exercise that there can be only one. If it's a case of either having a gutted forward corps, or two goalies, I'd prefer to keep Sway. Bruins have 7F under contract for next season (on the NHL roster) and that includes AJ Greer.
If there is only one goalie, can they even think to make Bussi number 2? Some like Kinkaid or other similar under 1 Mil goalie for backup plan if Bussi can't handle NHL yet. I have not watched Providence playing except for short 5 minute replays so I don't know about him so much.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
If there is only one goalie, can they even think to make Bussi number 2? Some like Kinkaid or other similar under 1 Mil goalie for backup plan if Bussi can't handle NHL yet. I have not watched Providence playing except for short 5 minute replays so I don't know about him so much.

Bussi is a big unknown for sure. I think they could do the Kinkaid route- a solid backup that can give you a chance to win for the 30 or so games they need him for on a cheap contract.

Reactions: SonnyBoy

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I don’t think there in a sell off year,but they definitely have to move players to be under the cap,so it’s going to be dicey.
The longer they delay, the smaller the window for the next core gets. They’ve gone above and beyond for the current core, time to move on and ignite the rebuild as fast as possible to maximize the next groups window.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I voted Hall over Debrusk because if you're looking to deal, Debrusk has more value. Like both players though.

Swayman, Lindholm, Coyle, Carlo, Bertuzzi, Hall

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
The overwhelming choices matched exactly with mine

Swayman
Bertuzzi
Debrusk
Coyle
Carlo
Hampus

It's interesting to consider what Linus, Hall, Forbort and Gryz could fetch.

Only 3/59 didn't select Swayman

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Went with Sway, Bert, Jake, Coyle, Carlo, and Lindholm. After casting my vote and seeing the results it looks like most others are on the same boat. Who needs an asst GM? Just go by fan polls on this board.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I'm a bit surprised how many are not concern with Bertuzzi's skating and how that would age on a long-term deal.

The Florida Panthers just defeated Bertuzzi's Bruins and did it running a Top 9 that had ONE forward who was older than Bertuzzi (Nick Cousins).

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I keep Swayman, Carlo, Debrusk, Coyle, Hall and Lindholm. Having 2 strong starting goalies is a luxury the Bruins can't afford with their cap issues. Easy decision to retain Swayman over Ullmark as he is younger and dosen't fold in the playoffs like Ullmark.
You are right two goalies when you are in cap hell is a luxury and you have no picks ..........move Ullmark

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Swayman
Hampus
Debrusk
Hall
Bertuzzi

Controversial pick was Gryz. I think separating him from McAvoy is the dumbest thing that happened in the playoffs. They never don’t dominate when they’re out there together.

Can replace Gryz or Hall with Carlo and I wouldn’t bat an eye though. With Hall he only makes sense if we’re still trying to win.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
I'm a bit surprised how many are not concern with Bertuzzi's skating and how that would age on a long-term deal.

The Florida Panthers just defeated Bertuzzi's Bruins and did it running a Top 9 that had ONE forward who was older than Bertuzzi (Nick Cousins).

In your estimation were Lucic or Horton ever good skaters? I get eras and all, but prime Lucic and prime Horton today would still be great.

I just want Bertuzzi camped near the blue paint. I'm ok using zone starts to help mitigate the rest. I totally agree with you that the rest of the roster should try and gain some speed where possible. Bertuzzi is also 28. I think we can do ok signing him to say 34? Would he accept? Marchy is 34 right now.

Reactions: BruinDust

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad