Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Carlo

Votes: 88 69.3%
  • Coyle

Votes: 88 69.3%

• Total voters

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
I'm curious where you all land on this today. I think with the cap situation that only 6 of these could come back IF Sweeney wants to take one last go at the cup with some of the vets.

I'm assuming Hathaway, Foligno, Cliffy are definitely gone, and I don't care too much to split hairs over some lesser guys. I don't really think there's a chance for Orlov, but I listed him just the same.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I keep the goalies easily.

I definitely keep Hampus, he was a beast all year. His foot injury in the playoffs has to be worse than he was leading on.

I keep DeBrusk because his cap hit is way too good for what he brings. I look to extend him as well.

I keep Coyle because he's a solid center, great on the PK. Super valuable in a shutdown role.

Then I keep Bertuzzi because he shows up to play every night and is exciting to watch.

I'm totally fine losing Hall, he's been nice some nights but more underwhelming most of the time. I love Carlo but he probably has great trade value. He will be missed on the PK but hopefully he can bring back some quality futures.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I let Gryz, Orlov, Forbort go for sure. I entertain offers on Linus, Hall and Debrusk, but ultimately try to keep and re-sign Debrusk. The rest are the guys I keep.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I said Ullmark, Swayman, Hall, Debrusk, Lindholm and Coyle.

They can't afford Orlov or Bertuzzi and I'd be very wary giving either a long-term contact that takes them to their mid-30s. Or in Orlov's case, late 30s.

If I never see one or any of Forbort, Gryz, or Carlo in a Bruins uniform again I'm am totally OK with that.

Reactions: duffy

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
So far Forbort, Hall, Gryz, and Orlov are gone based on results.

The last cut is pretty close. Let's see how it evolves.

I said Ullmark, Swayman, Hall, Debrusk, Lindholm and Coyle.

They can't afford Orlov or Bertuzzi and I'd be very wary giving either a long-term contact that takes them to their mid-30s. Or in Orlov's case, late 30s.

If I never see one or any of Forbort, Gryz, or Carlo in a Bruins uniform again I'm am totally OK with that.

Actually disagree there. If there is a market for Linus or Hall or both, then they can. That's sort of the purpose of the thread. I agree with you entirely that if you keep Linus AND Hall, you cannot keep Bertuzzi. That's why the thread is fun...

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Actually disagree there. If there is a market for Linus or Hall or both, then they can. That's sort of the purpose of the thread. I agree with you entirely that if you keep Linus AND Hall, you cannot keep Bertuzzi. That's why the thread is fun...

I should of said, they cannot keep Orlov and Bertuzzi and still keep the guys I think they should keep (Hall and Ullmark).

I've totally lost interest in Orlov. He can go back to Washington.

I said this in another thread but Bertuzzi isn't someone I'm confortable giving a long-term contract to, mostly because of average skating ability.

Reactions: duffy

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Pretty sure there is a market for the likely Vezina winner.

Not so sure about the Hall market, though.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Pretty sure there is a market for the likely Vezina winner.

Not so sure about the Hall market, though.

I guess when I say market for, I mean with a return where Sweeney won't feel like a schmuck.

Goalie returns aren't typically great. Back to back playoff flops for Linus and GM's know Sweeney is in a tight spot with the cap. You might see a lot of guys offer a 3rd and cross their fingers. But depending on how committed Sweenius is, he may do it anyway (pending his master plan, of course).

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
I picked
Forbort
Bertuzzi
Grzelcyk
Coyle
DeBrusk
Foligno

Foligno great in room and Forbort excellent PK and love that rascal of a dog of his Darla

I don't think you did pick that, haha. But if you did, you let both goalies go :laugh:

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I keep Swayman, Carlo, Debrusk, Coyle, Hall and Lindholm. Having 2 strong starting goalies is a luxury the Bruins can't afford with their cap issues. Easy decision to retain Swayman over Ullmark as he is younger and dosen't fold in the playoffs like Ullmark.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Interesting exercise! I was torn about keeping Griz and Hall, I like both players, but since this was all about the hard choices, I had to go with Lindholm and Carlo.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I guess when I say market for, I mean with a return where Sweeney won't feel like a schmuck.

Goalie returns aren't typically great. Back to back playoff flops for Linus and GM's know Sweeney is in a tight spot with the cap. You might see a lot of guys offer a 3rd and cross their fingers. But depending on how committed Sweenius is, he may do it anyway (pending his master plan, of course).

A 3rd round pick for Ullmark.

That's comical.

Interesting exercise! I was torn about keeping Griz and Hall, I like both players, but since this was all about the hard choices, I had to go with Lindholm and Carlo.

It really is.

So far results are very surprising to me.

Reactions: Dr Hook

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
If I can only keep six then I’m keeping the players I view fit the next core age wise.

Bertuzzi, Lindholm, swayman, debrusk, Gryz

Bertuzzi-Zacha-pasta
Debrusk-xxx-lysell
Xxx-xxx-xxx
Lauko-Beecher-Frederic/Steen

Lindholm-McAvoy
Lohrei-Carlo
Gryz-Xxx

Swayman
Bussi

If I’m Sweeney I go full 2015 maybe even beyond 2015 when they traded lucic, hamilton, reilly smith, soderberg and then flipped Martin Jones.

Trade as many of these players as possible; Marchand, Hall, Coyle, Gryz, Linus, Forbort etc. Anyone who you don’t see being part of the next core, just move on from and make the turn around faster.

Bruins should retain as much salary as possible to get better returns. Just see how many picks and/or prospects they can get. They can restock draft assets and fully channel their energy to supporting this younger group. they might be bad for a year or two, but at least if they are bad enough they recoop the 2024 pick sent to the red wings(top 10 protected) and have a lot of draft capital and cap space headed into 2024-2025 season.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad