Post-Game Talk: Keep shooting on the net until tomorrow nothing will happen... (Habs 1-3 Sharks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capitano

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
I’m betting we’re in that 15-20 range.....it’s ok, I’m all for another tank TBH

Honestly I would have a hard time predicting anything with this team, some nights we look ok, some we don't. Price doesn't look good, and that's unsettling - I like Carey but he was the last guy I expected to have to worry about and now he seemingly is fighting the puck every night. I'm sure the D in front of him (or lack of it) is a major problem but I would still expect a better than .910 save percentage from him.

As for a tank...if we can get another top 5 pick we'll be far better off than if we get a pick in the teens so we'll see.

MB still scares me though...that capspace remaining is a constant threat for me...I hope MB doesn't throw the bank at somebody just for the hell of it.

Reactions: jaffy27

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
The shot total is misleading, most of our shots were from the outside and of the Brian Gionta variety, Kelly Hrudey could have won in net for San Jose last night.

Tell Muller to strap on the skates again. Remember folks this is our last moment of glory.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Quick question.

Does it EVER happen that we finish with a Corsi % of over 54%, and we actually win the game?

It seems like everytime we just shoot and shoot, the only thing we do is keep opposing goalies hot.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Ah no.....you sure?

Cause that point against Toronto in the first game doesn't exist if Price doesn't steal it. That's 1 points.
That shutout against Boston with 33 saves (Habs with 22 hots)...We're at 3 points.
That game against Calgary with 43 saves, 1st star of the game....We're at 5 points.

That's just on the top of my head...without those 5 points, Habs are where all of us expected them to be....in the bottom of the standings.

Price stole some points this season but how can any goalie save a team that have a Danault on the top 6 or a Kulak on the top pairing.

Look at Martin Jones, he's posting .894 with Burns, Vlasic and Karlsson in front of him.......Price had Petry - Benn - Juulsen for most of the season so far. You're expecting a goalie to steal how many games with that disaster of a D-squad?
Our offence doesn't even matter given how terribad the D squad is. Can't make a silk purse out of habs D squad. But yeah they are trying to protect Kotka but he shouldn't be on the third. We just don't have the depth.

Reactions: Milhouse40

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Ah no.....you sure?

Cause that point against Toronto in the first game doesn't exist if Price doesn't steal it. That's 1 points.
That shutout against Boston with 33 saves (Habs with 22 hots)...We're at 3 points.
That game against Calgary with 43 saves, 1st star of the game....We're at 5 points.

That's just on the top of my head...without those 5 points, Habs are where all of us expected them to be....in the bottom of the standings.

Price stole some points this season but how can any goalie save a team that have a Danault on the top 6 or a Kulak on the top pairing.

Look at Martin Jones, he's posting .894 with Burns, Vlasic and Karlsson in front of him.......Price had Petry - Benn - Juulsen for most of the season so far. You're expecting a goalie to steal how many games with that disaster of a D-squad?
Ah, some common sense...totally agree. Price has to be better, but yet has been very very good at times this season. He has had some awful moments as well, but some of it, is the D in front of him. For the most part, we have been a fun team to watch, but last night, not so much. Domi and Drouin seem to have cooled off big time............and can weplease drop Phil to the third line.
Losing 6 out of the last 7 getting 4 pts out of 14 and Clod pulls a Therrien, and changes almost nothing in the lineup.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
The shot numbers are similar to the team's that CJ coached in Boston around when he was fired. Looks to me like he's reverting back to his old ways after the team was letting in more goals than he was comfortable with.

They played real barn burner hockey at the start of the season. Tons of fun to watch, but a coach like Clode would never allow it.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Not sure what you guys are talking about with the shot totals, but I saw a bunch of really good scoring chances that just weren't converted. Sure there were plenty of shots from the outside, but that happens every game. Habs had a bunch of guys alone in front and odd man rushes but they couldn't finish.

But I actually watched the entire game...I don't think that's the case for most.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Other than Carey Price, has Marc Bergevin ever broken the bank for anyone ever?

Well Price does command a higher salaery however he has overpaid for many players in his tenure.

Paid too much for shaw, alzner and gave alot of money to PK before he was traded.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Ah, some common sense...totally agree. Price has to be better, but yet has been very very good at times this season. He has had some awful moments as well, but some of it, is the D in front of him. For the most part, we have been a fun team to watch, but last night, not so much. Domi and Drouin seem to have cooled off big time............and can weplease drop Phil to the third line.
Losing 6 out of the last 7 getting 4 pts out of 14 and Clod pulls a Therrien, and changes almost nothing in the lineup.

Price has to be better for sure, but the forwards has to be better and the D have to be something else than a nightmare cause it won't matter in the end. Because our defense is so bad, isn't too much to ask for the forwards to at least give 3 goals per game?

Price is 8-1-3 when this team scored at least 3 goals.

There's 140 centers who played more than 23 games this season.
Only 26 of them didn't scored more than 2 goals......
Out of those 26 centers only 2 are top 6 centers: Danault and Krejci.

But apparently Danault is so good defensively, funny how a guy like Krejci (Who is actually good defensively) has been on the ice for 16 goals against and Danault has been on the ice for 27 goals against (24th worst out of those 140 centers).....

I also really hope there's change to the line-up and it's time to invest time and mistakes into players that are actually worth it.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Offence is up across the league and you need 4 lines who can chip in with goals in order to win games, playing a bunch of career AHLers who provide zero offence over 10 minutes a game is an awful idea.

Reactions: OldCraig71

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Tbh what i saw was bad reffing and bad coaching.

4th line on the ice twice in the last 9min ... come on clode.
Agostino on the PP and on the last minute with an empty netter. Sigh.
Shlemko on the PP over Rielly... man oh man.
Telling the D to stand back and not join the rush before the last 10min ( where we got ALOT of chances off and Sanjose couldnt keep up with our D supporting the Offense ( like we used to do earlier this season before we « tighten things up »))

SanJose isn’t speedy at all, we should have done that all game long and use our speed to cover back instead of sitting back and sending 3 small players on the Offense vs 3 big slow mfer who just grab the stick and wait for you to lose the boards battle.

Then the reffing was bad aswell. But it happens... doesn’t excuse the mismanagement of the game

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Tatar shoul be moved. We should be getting high picks to draft better guys than Kotka and if possible also grab other prospects like Suzuki.
Looking at Tatar, Perron and the likes in hope to build a contender is just absurd considering the rest of our team.

Exactly, Tatar can get you an asset, and that's no different than any other player you acquire for way under their value or without giving up any assets.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
That was Clod channeling his inner Therrien.........he just makes strange decisions at times................

Not sure why the team feels the need to hit the goalie in the chest so often, especially now that Pleks has gone...

They've been told to not miss the net...:huh:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Stopped reading after you said Never watched the game...

One goal was on Price...the rest of the game was on the guys who took 40 shots from outside the danger zones...Jones has been awful all year, and we made him look like Hasek. If you score one goal, then the goalie needs a shutout to win...go figure.

If he had watched the game would he even have noticed the recurring theme. San Jose flat out knows how to be us. Stand us up. That's their what 11th win in 12 games or something similar the recipe hasn't changed and any team who can do it will always beat us. Even when we did break through we ended up with a ton of players on their ass.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
They've been told to not miss the net...:huh:

Hey, what happened to Domi, Tatar and all that firepower from the early season games? Read right here how Tatar shouldn't be traded and how Domi's torrid pace was sustainable. Did Julien get to them with his defence-first default strategy or did they merely regress to the mean?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Not sure what you guys are talking about with the shot totals, but I saw a bunch of really good scoring chances that just weren't converted. Sure there were plenty of shots from the outside, but that happens every game. Habs had a bunch of guys alone in front and odd man rushes but they couldn't finish.

But I actually watched the entire game...I don't think that's the case for most.

Sounds to me like you watched the entire 3rd period when we were finally able to generate shots.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I actually think we go to the net fine but our team does not have any legit finishers ie. high skilled players. Drouin could be that guy but he's been whiffing on everything.

We just have bad players.

A very good illustration was our 3 on 1 where we didn't even generate a shot. :nod:

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Sounds to me like you watched the entire 3rd period when we were finally able to generate shots.

Huh? Domi had a 2 on 1 right after the first SJ goal but was stopped. Byron had 2 GREAT chances in the first...Weber had his big stick breaking bomb in the first. Domi had another 2 on 1 in the 2nd...etc.

Like I said, Habs had a bunch of chances to score but couldn't finish.

You can definitely tell who watched the game and who doesn't when reading the PGT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad