Post-Game Talk: Keep shooting on the net until tomorrow nothing will happen... (Habs 1-3 Sharks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It was a very nice and well placed shot. That ain't a gift man.

We need high end talent, not average depth.

yeah let's go get McDavid tomorrow, he's available.

and who cares about Tatar and other good additions - they're not McDavid.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
yeah let's go get McDavid tomorrow, he's available.

and who cares about Tatar and other good additions - they're not McDavid.

Tatar shoul be moved. We should be getting high picks to draft better guys than Kotka and if possible also grab other prospects like Suzuki.
Looking at Tatar, Perron and the likes in hope to build a contender is just absurd considering the rest of our team.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Maybe Julien is confused and thinks the guy wearing 47 is still Radulov. Power play, end of game with the empty net...
That was Clod channeling his inner Therrien.........he just makes strange decisions at times................

Not sure why the team feels the need to hit the goalie in the chest so often, especially now that Pleks has gone...

Reactions: Doc McKenna

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Never watched the game but to outshoot the Sharks 40-36 and lose 3-1 is disappointing. Goes back to the goaltending. Our Achilles heel all year. Let in 3 goals on 26 shots is a goal every 8.25 shots. Or in other words a .825% save percentage. You cannot survive in this league with netminding in the 800s. Even 910s is bad. At some point Habs need to look for a goslie
Stopped reading after you said Never watched the game...

One goal was on Price...the rest of the game was on the guys who took 40 shots from outside the danger zones...Jones has been awful all year, and we made him look like Hasek. If you score one goal, then the goalie needs a shutout to win...go figure.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Two losses, one win. Same record as the Habs had with Weber in the playoffs. But his mountainous aura!!
So he’s no good....gotcha!!

A parallel could be McDavid, he must be no good since the team results are poor.....But his aura was suppose to make everyone great!!

:eek:

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Worked out for Yakupov and Galchenyuk for sure.
What a stupid argument. Guess we should just forget about every prospect and every mock draft and every combine cause you know, some may not pan out.

I fully expect you to never post or comment on prospects because there’s that chance they don’t make it.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

A parallel could be McDavid
, he must be no good since the team results are poor.....But his aura was suppose to make everyone great!!

what a dumb comment... comparing Shea the legend Weber to McDavid...

you must think one of the two doesnt hit enough...

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
What a stupid argument. Guess we should just forget about every prospect and every mock draft and every combine cause you know, some may not pan out.

I fully expect you to never post or comment on prospects because there’s that chance they don’t make it.
don't you know, Polig, Suzuki and the others Habs prospects are guaranteed to make it... they're Habs prospects afterall...

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Never watched the game but to outshoot the Sharks 40-36 and lose 3-1 is disappointing. Goes back to the goaltending. Our Achilles heel all year. Let in 3 goals on 26 shots is a goal every 8.25 shots. Or in other words a .825% save percentage. You cannot survive in this league with netminding in the 800s. Even 910s is bad. At some point Habs need to look for a goslie
The shot total is misleading, most of our shots were from the outside and of the Brian Gionta variety, Kelly Hrudey could have won in net for San Jose last night.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Price's inconsistency is one thing. But his complete lack of domination is disappointing and worrisome. I don't think a goalie has to "steal games" to be good, but a good or great goalie does -in fact- steal the occasional game. Price ain't doing it.

Almost any goalie can be great. Bergevin totally misread the asset value of the position as a whole. We would have been better off trading Price for assets in 2017 and trying our luck on the trade market. Ben Bishop went for a 4th that off-season. I mean, yikes.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
don't you know, Polig, Suzuki and the others Habs prospects are guaranteed to make it... they're Habs prospects afterall...

I think at minimum you're getting a bottom 6C with Poehling and a 20G winger with Suzuki. But we are gonna need obviously more from them in their development if we wanna build a contender.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007

A parallel could be McDavid, he must be no good since the team results are poor.....But his aura was suppose to make everyone great!!

Never said he's no good. I'm saying he's got less of an impact than everyone wishes, oh so desperately wishes, he had.

I don't give a rat's ass about prospects for this very reason. I'm a Habs fan and a pro/Olympic hockey fan. I don't care about the OHL or Q (outside of wanting it to be good as a league). Unless it's a touted prospects who has really done something special (like Tavares or McJesus as a kid) I don't care until they're in the NHL or on the cusp. There's no point to count them as "hits" or soon to be "core" players until they freaking play in the NHL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ECWHSWI

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Dec 1st 2017:
- 12-12-0-3
- 27 pts after 27 games
- 20th in the NHL standings

Dec 3rd 2018:
- 12-10-0-5
- 29 pts after 27 games
- 18th in the NHL standings

I think we are a more entertaining team to watch this year but I hope we end up in the bottom 5 at the end of the season again! A shot at a lottery pick is what we need. More growing pains to come Habs fans!

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
I'll try to explain to you a crazy concept. Stay with me as its really conplicated and Hard to grasp

Shot quality is a thing... Crazy I know.

10 shots from Ovy from the slot VS 10 shots from Plekanec. Which are harder to stop?

Like I said, its Hard to grasp so maybe you still dont get it

Capitano

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
Stopped reading after you said Never watched the game...

One goal was on Price...the rest of the game was on the guys who took 40 shots from outside the danger zones...Jones has been awful all year, and we made him look like Hasek. If you score one goal, then the goalie needs a shutout to win...go figure.

We've been making goalies look good for the last 3+ years.

Reactions: Milhouse40

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Price's inconsistency is one thing. But his complete lack of domination is disappointing and worrisome. I don't think a goalie has to "steal games" to be good, but a good or great goalie does -in fact- steal the occasional game. Price ain't doing it.

Ah no.....you sure?

Cause that point against Toronto in the first game doesn't exist if Price doesn't steal it. That's 1 points.
That shutout against Boston with 33 saves (Habs with 22 hots)...We're at 3 points.
That game against Calgary with 43 saves, 1st star of the game....We're at 5 points.

That's just on the top of my head...without those 5 points, Habs are where all of us expected them to be....in the bottom of the standings.

Price stole some points this season but how can any goalie save a team that have a Danault on the top 6 or a Kulak on the top pairing.

Look at Martin Jones, he's posting .894 with Burns, Vlasic and Karlsson in front of him.......Price had Petry - Benn - Juulsen for most of the season so far. You're expecting a goalie to steal how many games with that disaster of a D-squad?

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

You are ignoring development after being drafted. Both Poehling and Suzuki are developing very well in their 2nd year after being drafted. It's not false hype, it's realistic but for some reason you treat Grade A prospects equally as you do with fringe Grade B types. It's weird. I guess you have fun with trying to belittle others by thinking they are making guarantee predictions.

It's Poehling, not Polig. When you got to get a spelling correction from me, you got issues. :laugh:

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Never said he's no good. I'm saying he's got less of an impact than everyone wishes, oh so desperately wishes, he had.

I don't give a rat's ass about prospects for this very reason. I'm a Habs fan and a pro/Olympic hockey fan. I don't care about the OHL or Q (outside of wanting it to be good as a league). Unless it's a touted prospects who has really done something special (like Tavares or McJesus as a kid) I don't care until they're in the NHL or on the cusp. There's no point to count them as "hits" or soon to be "core" players until they freaking play in the NHL.
I on the other hand GIVE a rats ass about prospects, where they come from.

Part of the fun is watching our prospects grow, watch their successes, memorial cup runs, Christmas time traditions that is the WJC, the draft. The journey is as much fun to follow as the destination and for this I take a keen interest in our prospects or prospects to be.

Sometimes they pan out, sometimes they don’t, predictions and prognosis’s are fun.

It’s all good man, you like to eat a nice meal.....me on the other hand care about the ingredients and how it was made......and of course the end result!!

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
I am convinced all the "fans" on this board who even think that "tanking" is a good thing have NEVER played on any competitive team....EVER!
They had coin, bug or stamp collections growing up.

No pro athlete has ever thought that I don't play my best, it will help the organization. They do not care about draft positions or adding "depth" to the organization.

The do know that if they don't play up to their potential someone within or outside of the organization will replace them

What is the icing on the cake is even if you finish last there is no guarantee you will get the #1 pick.

So in my opinion, all this "tank" conversation is a bunch of crap by people who I know I wouldn't want on any team I ever played on.
And another 'true fan post' that is completely empty. Because playing house leagues is the same as managing a professional team. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce