Confirmed with Link: Keegan Lowe re-signed for 2 years

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
I don't like it on general principal.

Guys involved in the org shouldn't have their sons playing on the team.

Will Acton 4th line center everyone?

I think it erodes the credibility that you are running a system that rewards players based on merit.

If you are going to sign a 25 year old career AHLer, you should probably sign a guy that is at least a difference make at the AHL level. Star calibre, not AHL average.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I don't like it on general principal.

Guys involved in the org shouldn't have their sons playing on the team.

Will Acton 4th line center everyone?

I think it erodes the credibility that you are running a system that rewards players based on merit.

If you are going to sign a 25 year old career AHLer, you should probably sign a guy that is at least a difference make at the AHL level. Star calibre, not AHL average.

So every AHL vet has to be a star? You do realize that isn't possible?

Lowe was our best AHL Dman last year. That is a difference maker at the AHL level.

Reactions: ulyssesjoyce

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Haha, did someone actually compare the potential of Jones with that of Lowe. It might be an apt comparison now but Jones will outdistance Lowe before long.

Jones fell flat on his face in the AHL last year. He'll have to become an average AHL player , because he's a lap behind Lowe right now.

Kagomeboy

HF board regular Otaku
Mar 7, 2017
Coquitlam
An okey singing ,I get the hate for the last name but it not his fault his dad was hated so much.

He was great in the AHL and we should be happy he is here.

Reactions: ujju2

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I don't know who that guy is but he doesn't seem to have much of a clue as to what is going on with the Oilers/Condors.
And he was a second pairing guy playing first pairing minutes because, and this may be the only time I have defended our AHL club...none of our other defenders could cut it. Jones was literally awful for the first half of the year and Lowe was the best of our left shot guys. You give the youth minutes but if they are drowning you want a guy or two like Lowe that can carry the weight.

And with the hate of it being a 2 year deal. Guy is the perfect guy to call up in case of injury to sit on the bench. Why call up a guy like Jones or Bear if we aren't going to play them. Teams always have guys like this on the farf as their 8th guy.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I don't see an issue with this. We are going to have a lot of young highly skilled Dmen in the AHL. Lowe seems like a good steady presence to help take the pressure off. I don't see him taking a job away from anyone that should otherwise be there in his place next season.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
"don't invest in youngsters"

Potentially: Bear, Jones, Lagesson and Mantha (I sure hope that he can still carve out a career for himself). Yeah, not youth down there at all, we need to follow the Oilers former model of all kids and only a few piss poor vets since it worked so well for us in the Hall, RNH and Eberle years.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
If all 50 players under contract see serious time in the NHL, you're doing something wrong.

wiggle room come deadline

we have this discussion every trade deadline

and every deadline we question why certain players have contracts

this is one of those contracts

when we are at 48/49 contracts on deadline day and we realize player X is available but because be we are maxed out on contracts we can not get him because we have no wiggle room

Lowe is not an nhler and should not get an nhl contract

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011

when we are at 48/49 contracts on deadline day and we realize player X is available but because be we are maxed out on contracts we can not get him because we have no wiggle room

Every player with an nhl contract doesn’t play in the nhl. This is a good player for the farm who can fill in as a 6-7 on an emergency basis. Every team has quality AHL depth guys like this.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Every player with an nhl contract doesn’t play in the nhl. This is a good player for the farm who can fill in as a 6-7 on an emergency basis. Every team has quality AHL depth guys like this.

like I said--when is comes to deadline and we have no wiggle room with adding a player because we signed guys like lowe--who will never be an nhler--some on this board we bitch and complain

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
like I said--when is comes to deadline and we have no wiggle room with adding a player because we signed guys like lowe--who will never be an nhler--some on this board we ***** and complain

I don't get it? So you're saying he should've been a Condors signing and not Oilers? That doesn't do us much good if they need to recall a guy.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

I think the bold is a reasonable take. But I think you needlessly exaggerate the concern with the 50 contract limit. Come deadline day you can always send an expiring contract back to a team. I'm all ears for a time when a trade has fallen through at the deadline because the acquiring team couldn't make contract space.

Reactions: RandomGuy79

RandomGuy79

Oct 4, 2017
Surrey
I think the bold is a reasonable take. But I think you needlessly exaggerate the concern with the 50 contract limit. Come deadline day you can always send an expiring contract back to a team. I'm all ears for a time when a trade has fallen through at the deadline because the acquiring team couldn't make contract space.

I agree with this. Do people actually think we can't dump contracts easily? It happens all the time when teams need contract spots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad