WJC: Kazakhstan 2019 Roster Talk

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
I am waiting for you. :D

Absolutely slovak players dominated. I hope that you saw big difference between slovak and kazak players.
The skill level was not even close. There were a few players on Kazakhstan who could keep up, but the majority of the team could not. Teams that are close in level do not have an 11-2 game.

Slovakia were faster, stronger, smarter and more skilled than their opponents. Anyone arguing that they looked close cannot evaluate talent. It would be like watching a AAA team play a Select team. Sure, everyone can skate and play hockey. The talent level isn't close though.

salamandra

Aug 31, 2017
The skill level was not even close. There were a few players on Kazakhstan who could keep up, but the majority of the team could not. Teams that are close in level do not have an 11-2 game.

Slovakia were faster, stronger, smarter and more skilled than their opponents. Anyone arguing that they looked close cannot evaluate talent. It would be like watching a AAA team play a Select team. Sure, everyone can skate and play hockey. The talent level isn't close though.

I absolutely agree with you.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Quite possibly the worst team of the past decade.

No, there have been other worse, the 09' Kazak team was far worse scoring 2 and allowing 46 in group play, then proceeded to score 2 and allow 14 in rele play. Remember too that this team can still save face if it beats Denmark.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Well I don't know if I would go that far. The issue with this Kazakh team is that they tried, especially against Slovaks. They suffered their worst loss against the team which, in theory, is the closest in strength to them because they tried to prove something, make a difference, overcompensate etc. It was just a weird combination of mistakes that added up instead of the thing most teams like that do: just don't get humiliated and then try to survive in the relegation round.

If the team didn't burn out completely for the game against Slovakia, including goalies who couldn't stop the beach ball that day, the narrative wouldn't be that sad.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Well I don't know if I would go that far. The issue with this Kazakh team is that they tried, especially against Slovaks. They suffered their worst loss against the team which, in theory, is the closest in strength to them because they tried to prove something, make a difference, overcompensate etc. It was just a weird combination of mistakes that added up instead of the thing most teams like that do: just don't get humiliated and then try to survive in the relegation round.

If the team didn't burn out completely for the game against Slovakia, including goalies who couldn't stop the beach ball that day, the narrative wouldn't be that sad.

Yeah, that just shows their inexperience at this level, maybe they can learn from it and right the ship vs. Denmark.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad