News Article: Kassian to have hearing with league (Suspended 2 games)

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

No, no Bob, it does not end it. Tkachuk took some cheap shots at Kass and didn't own up to it then. Too late. I hope he does fight and gets his ass handed to him. And this can continue to the rest of his career, as other guys step up to pound him. Just wait till some meathead from the AHL gets called up and goes bananas on him.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
So I am assuming Tkachuk has zero respect for vets on all the teams? I assume his Dad raised him right and has lots of respect in the NHL -does he really play like his Dad plays? He is 22 years old and fighting men- at some point the payback is going to be a b@@@@ this season.

Oct 15, 2017
I don't know why the narrative of the flames sticking up for him after the fact.is getting pushef so hard?! Actually I do. The video is embarrassing. Especially after Brian Lawton pointed out all the flames skating away. Says alot McDavid was only other guy to mix it up.

Andersson after the game. Lucic,Rinaldo after the game. Gio and Brodie pretty much ran away and Lindholm pretended to get involved.

Kassian played again in the game and he didn't even get a face wash.

Also Eric Francis is terrible, his takes are even worse, I honestly feel.bad the the flames fans having to have that guy be the main point of contact. I bet the players themselves can't stand that smug creep. Nice yellow jacket you pleb your on national TV dressed like Johnny Cage.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Just saw Kassian's comments about knowing what's legal and what's not. I wonder if Parros basically told him to take out that rat faced turtle with some long runs?

Reactions: RattsSSV

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
As for Lucic, IMO he is a code guy that will fight Kass if he has to. For this reason I'd sign and call up Peluso, both have a history from last year's BOA's.

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
Just saw Kassian's comments about knowing what's legal and what's not. I wonder if Parros basically told him to take out that rat faced turtle with some long runs?
Here's hoping Parros gave Kassian a detailed list of what he can do and that Kass has the opportunity on the 29th.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Drai Fi

Sep 17, 2019
If Kassian is smart he stays away from fighting Lucic. Not only will Kassian lose but that's the only way Lucic can have an impact on the game.
According to Calgary logic, why would Kassian fight some scrub like Lucic?

Flames fans (or Francis in this case) saying Tkachuk not fighting Kassian because “he’s more important” is a good move by him, are now saying that Kassian has to fight Lucic to face “retribution”, which is absolute hypocrisy considering Zack is on pace for 20+ goals and Lucic will be lucky if he sniffs 20 points.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

Flames fans (or Francis in this case) saying Tkachuk not fighting Kassian because “he’s more important” is a good move by him, are now saying that Kassian has to fight Lucic to face “retribution”, which is absolute hypocrisy considering Zack is on pace for 20+ goals and Lucic will be lucky if he sniffs 20 points.

Actually I dont give a rip what someone like Francis (with little to no credibility) says. Or for that matter any other Flames reporter/fan.

I just want this to play out in a manner that benefits Kassian and the team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

oil4life97

Aug 10, 2005
This talk from Stauffer is a little unsettling. You gotta believe Kneeordano and Turtleboy are setting up Kassian for another turtle job. Here’s hoping Kassian knows how to pick his spot now.

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
I'd love to see Kassian refuse to fight Lucic and draw a penalty in similar fashion. Use the Flamer tactics against them as opposed to fighting the only guys they want fighting. Be physical on the smaller skilled guys like Anderson and leave Looch twisting in the wind being a detriment.

Reactions: TB12

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
This talk from Stauffer is a little unsettling. You gotta believe Kneeordano and Turtleboy are setting up Kassian for another turtle job. Here’s hoping Kassian knows how to pick his spot now.
Honestly the best thing Kassian can do is just run him like he got run. If he's called on it, he makes fun of the NHL. You know the league will be talking about it. He doesn't need to drop the gloves, because we all know Tkachuk won't.

Emotive

Oct 6, 2017

They’re a clueless bunch. They have it in their heads that kassian is some goon no talented 4th line scrub because he had a reputation in the league years ago. Meanwhile said player has as many goals as Gaudreau who they think is one of the best players in the league. They can’t grasp the fact that a professional athlete, never mind a former first round pick would make the decision to better his life and career. All the while the revere guys like lucic and Rinaldo. They don’t think Tkachuk should fight a guy 1 inch taller and 5 lbs heavier than him because that’s “way out of his weight class” but kassian should fight someone who has 20 lbs on him. As soon as you use their own logic against them they disappear or change the subject.

Not only that, but in what way, shape or form does kassian have some “retribution” to pay for? Literally everyone in the hockey world minus flames fans are behind kassian, it’s the ratface on their team who has retribution coming. I just don’t see lucic following kassian around the ice all night looking for a fight.

Reactions: RattsSSV and TB12

oil4life97

Aug 10, 2005
Honestly the best thing Kassian can do is just run him like he got run. If he's called on it, he makes fun of the NHL. You know the league will be talking about it. He doesn't need to drop the gloves, because we all know Tkachuk won't.

That would be against the rules set forth by the faithful at CalgaryPuck. Supposedly the only guys Kassian is allowed to run are Rinaldo and Lucic.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
When did it become acceptable for MSM to become click-bait internet trolls? That article by Francis was ridiculous, and apparently there’s another out there by some idiot at the Hockey News? Staples referred to it in an article yesterday.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
When did it become acceptable for MSM to become click-bait internet trolls? That article by Francis was ridiculous, and apparently there’s another out there by some idiot at the Hockey News? Staples referred to it in an article yesterday.

I linked the THN one earlier. Save yourself the time and don't look for it.

The writer said the worst part in all of this was the dangerous hit(aka gentle bump) McDavid made on Tkachuk right before the beatdown.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

The best thing Kass can do is run everyone. You hit Tkachuk if he’s lined up, but he’s not the guy you focus on. Zack needs to go any bury Johnny Trademark and remind him to thank his Rat ***** teammate. Then go bury Monahan. Then go bury Lindholm. Then go take a run at Dube and Mangiapane for good measure because they’re the smallest guys on the team (aside from crybaby) and can’t stand up for themselves.

I just want to see Kassian take runs at some Flames players then turtle if anyone tries to fight him.

Kass would never turtle, and I have a ton of respect for him because of it. It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if he fought at least twice next game.

Francis is a CP troll with a microphone. I don’t think I’ve ever read something from him that’s made any sense

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
The best thing Kass can do is run everyone. You hit Tkachuk if he’s lined up, but he’s not the guy you focus on. Zack needs to go any bury Johnny Trademark and remind him to thank his Rat ***** teammate. Then go bury Monahan. Then go bury Lindholm. Etc.

Kass would never turtle, and I have a ton of respect for him because of it. It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if he fought at least twice next game.

Francis is a CP troll with a microphone. I don’t think I’ve ever read something from him that’s made any sense

It shouldn't only be Kassian throwing the body though. Neal is surprisingly a great hitter and finishes checks when he wants to, Draisaitl can throw his body and he get easily get into Bennett's head and Nurse/Khaira (I don't care, suit him up for the game) and even Archibald.

Everyone should be throwing their body and targeting their top end players. Focus on not getting into any scrums, just hard hits with their heads down just as clean as Tkurtle was handing out.

Reactions: RattsSSV

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad