Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
20200215_124247.jpg

Reactions: RattsSSV

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Less than I thought he'd get, but a bit more than I thought he should have got. Guessing the thought process was something like:

2 games - Skinner precedent
2 games - Suspension history
1 game - Didn't I just f**cking suspend you a couple of weeks ago?
2 games - Plays for the Oilers

Anyhow, at least the league supplied a photo of what went on in the thought process, so that helps accept the validity.

dart-hitting-number-7-on-dartboard-picture-id503932621

Last edited:

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Who cares? Classic deflecting. Just because Chara got off light (he absolutely should be suspended) has no bearing on Kassian’s boneheaded play.

Yes and No. It's a different incident so it's apples to oranges to an extent but it's still reasonable to expect the NHL to be fair and proportional in punitive judgement. Cross checking a guy in the throat is every bit as dangerous IMO but it is oddly less taboo. And since you brought up Kassians history it should be stated that Chara isn't exactly Mr. Innocent himself. Regardless of the fact i find this fair it's impossible for me not to believe the DoPS is a joke and i can't blame anyone for pointing out how ridiculously they operate.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Who cares? Classic deflecting. Just because Chara got off light (he absolutely should be suspended) has no bearing on Kassian’s boneheaded play.

Well yes it does have a bearing, Chara did something as stupid and got a measly fine. Kassian did something stupid and gets 7 games after getting 2 games for getting in a fight.

It's called the NHL discipline department who picks and chooses players it feels it can hang high and those that get a slap on the wrist for actions that might be equally dangerous.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Whatever. Here’s his rap sheet:

Received a 20-game suspension in his first game with the Windsor Spitfires in the one play he has said he regrets.

Received a 4-game suspension in the OHL playoffs for a two-handed slash from behind to the leg of an opponent after an empty net goal had been scored, followed by numerous cross-checks to his downed opponent, in an incident to which he claimed his opponent embellished the initial slash. Asked if he regretted the play, he stated "if anything, I'll hit him a little harder next time".

Recieved a 2-game suspension at the World Juniors, in an incident to which he claimed he was only suspended because of his reputation.

Received a 8-game suspension for breaking Sam Gagner's jaw with a slash, followed by mocking Gagner's injury the next time they played.

Received a 3-game suspension for boarding Brendan Dillon.

Attacked Taylor Hall from behind in a similar manner he later did to Tkachuk.

Stood over Jimmy Vesey, who was lying on the ice having had a tooth knocked out and bleeding from the mouth after incidental contact with Kassian, and shouted at Vesey "I hope you bleed out on the ice".

Received a 2-game suspension for attacking Matthew Tkachuk, to which he stated he would "do it again". (This one I’m okay with)

Now pair that with what he did last night, lied about how/why it happened, tried to justify that it was just a “light tap.”

Yeah, you’re right. No problems here.

Edit: We all know his substance abuse history and I totally applaud how he was able to overcome that and put his path on a better course. It’s amazing. But that doesn’t negate the fact that what he did last night was incredibly incredibly stupid.

So Kassian is the only player in the world to do something incredibly incredibly stupid?

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
That's kind of offensive considering what he went through when he got traded here bud. Watch what you say

I had no problem with it. He's paid millions to be in the public eye and recovering from a sordid past shouldn't grant anyone immunity to criticism. Therapy is often suggested to people who's actions are unstable in nature, why shouldn't he be able to suggest it for Kassian?

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
7 Games. I knew they were using a pair of dice to decide on the length. Bush league but not unexpected. I bet the KHL has better officiating and are more consistent with giving fines and suspensions.

Reactions: Aerchon

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
You can't rationalize this 7 game suspension after Chara cross checks Gallagher in the throat and gets a fine...

But I suppose its better than the ridiculous 15+ that many "felt" was warranted.

If it was not Kassian, short and long term history, I honestly don't believe there would have been a suspension period.

Reactions: TB12

space321

May 11, 2011
stupid play but it wasn't light lol he pushed him with his feet on his padded chest area l0l some people are going crazy over nothing lol

He kicked him with his skate lol. Take off your homer glasses.

It's not like we're gonna miss Kassian much with the way he's been playing since his new fat contract. What a mistake that was. 4 more years of this crap.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Surprised it's so little. With all the shit DOPS is dealing on the hit to the head front I figured they'd slam the door on any skatework rearing its head into the game with both hands

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad