Speculation: Kassian extension coming?

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
I guess 4-5 years at around 4.5 million AAV. They should wait until after the Calgary game though. If he goes and gets a long suspension they can use it to bring that number down.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
:laugh: the numbers being thrown around for a 4th liner who can move up and down your line up, 4th liner nonetheless

Reactions: JackFr

Shmuffalo

Brad May's Stand In
Feb 13, 2008
New York
I hope he gets fat payday. It's been a while since he was a Sabre, but I still like him. Came back after a hell of troubles and question marks whether could even remain in the NHL a few years ago.

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
He'll get at least 3 years above 3 million dollars, and it will be a bad deal

Mikey71

Apr 3, 2005
So he's a rat that wants to be a turtle. Got it :)

As for Kassian's contract something around 10 million over 3 years seems pretty fair for both sides.

One thing for sure, he will be a shell of his former self if Kassian gets a clear go at him...

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
He shouldn't get more then 3.5M X 3......3.2M X 4.....anything more is a overpayment. Hell, the numbers I threw I'm already not comfortable with. He's having a career year playing with McDavid...and I'm not sold he repeats it. The only reason he's not a plug and play winger is because he brings other things to the table, like his size and physicality.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
He isn't a 4th liner. I know that he has played with McDavid, and his numbers are boosted, but he has more ES than Matthew Tkachuk.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Flames Fans: Why should our leading scorer fight your fourth liner?

Oilers Fans: Kass has 2 less goals than Tkachuk and plays on the top line!

Time to negotiate Kass’s extension: He’s a great fourth liner but wouldn’t pay him more than third line money.

(not trolling, just funny how real value always comes out when the dollars are involved - Flames fans did the same for Tkachuk)

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Flames Fans: Why should our leading scorer fight your fourth liner?

Oilers Fans: Kass has 2 less goals than Tkachuk and plays on the top line!

Time to negotiate Kass’s extension: He’s a great fourth liner but wouldn’t pay him more than third line money.

(not trolling, just funny how real value always comes out when the dollars are involved - Flames fans did the same for Tkachuk)
Nice troll, saying your not trolling doesn't take that away....man ,Kassian sure revived HFflames

Reactions: Moreaupheus

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Nice troll, saying your not trolling doesn't take that away....man ,Kassian sure revived HFflames
I’m not wrong, he’s either a fourth liner or he’s an important member of Connor McJesus’ line (who apparently has a hard time finding chemistry with his RWs). 3x3 doesn’t scream to me important top line player which was being argues. Which is it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad