Speculation: Kassian extension coming?

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Big, fast, hits like a truck, and meshes well with McDavid. Him and McDavid are really close off the ice as well apparently, not surprised we’re looking at getting him locked up early.

Anything under 3.5 per year I’m good with.

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
He has chemistry I guess but they shouldn't give more than 3m. Just find some cheap scrub or one of your own AHL/prospects to play with him. Didn't they do that with Maroon? Instead of paying him they got another scrub (Kassian) to play with McD.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
He has chemistry I guess but they shouldn't give more than 3m. Just find some cheap scrub or one of your own AHL/prospects to play with him. Didn't they do that with Maroon? Instead of paying him they got another scrub (Kassian) to play with McD.

The big difference between Kassian and Maroon is age and speed.

Kassian is actually an excellent skater for a guy his size and this often gets overlooked. He just meshes well with McDavid and not everyone does.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Were you expecting Kassian "The decision" or something? He's not exactly a big name...It's not like it's Taylor Hall signing an extension.
No but its just these small ones that make it interesting. When you focus on like two big signings, it ends up being super boring

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
Big, tough players who can also skate are not always easy to come by. A multi-year deal definitely makes sense for both sides. What do Oilers fans think the AAV will be?

Holland calls it the 'Justin Abdelkader Special'

$4.25 mil x 7 years

McSpecial DraiBlend

Feb 18, 2010
Kelowna, Canada
Very happy to hear this is happening. I love how much he has turned everything around while being in Edmonton. By all reports he is a huge part of the room and obviously on the ice as well.

Dubcity

Feb 4, 2018
Kassian and Flames fans alike can probably thank Matthew Tkachuk for adding AAV to this deal. That kid just never stops giving.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Kassian and Flames fans alike can probably thank Matthew Tkachuk for adding AAV to this deal. That kid just never stops giving.
I dunno. I don't think a grown man ragdolling a child is going to earn anyone more money. I'd bet it's cause he has almost as many goals and points :D

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
6 years x $6 million AAV?

Seems to be the going rate in Edmonton. Just kidding. On the other hand there are many posters who feel that Kassian is on par with Tkachuk because Tkachuk has 15 goals and Kassian has 13. Tkachuk is getting paid $7m x 3 yrs.

Last edited:

Notabaguette

Mar 4, 2018
I think around 5mil a year 5 years.

It will be a good signing if he stays off the booze, he seems to be playing hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad