Kassian/Cernak kicking incident Part 2 (suspended for 7 games)

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
Kassian is as dumb and scummy as it gets, can’t believe it’s taken this long for people to realize. Page after page of “fans” loving him jump someone after a legal hit. Oh Canada

Great times we live in!

Reactions: thaman8765678

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
The Oilers and their fans should be writing thank you letters to the DOPS, they went light on a thug, cheap shot artist with serious anger issues coming off of another suspension.

With the way that Kassian has been playing this is probably addition by subtraction as well.

Reactions: thaman8765678

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
He got the suspension he probably should have received, but it's definitely a few more games than the precedent set with Skinner. Also it probably wasn't the greatest idea to make light of the punishment a few weeks prior handed down by someone with a cartoon moustache.

CJV123

Feb 4, 2010
Linesman staring straight at the play, did nothing because the Oilers were at home. The orchestrated home-team refereeing bias in the league is limiting the sport's ascent.

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
There's a reason why tkachuk turtled against this meat head, he was totally aware of kassians unhinged time bomb traits and was very worried that he could have been kicked in the face or something. Guy should have been suspended for the year.

NoMoSnow

Apr 13, 2018
Las Vegas
upload_2020-2-15_10-15-12.png

Forget it, Jake. It's Edmonton.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Great move by Kassian. he just signed that big contract and didn’t want to look bad with McDavid out.

so he gets suspended and comes back at the same time. Now know one will see how bad he is without him.

great hockey IQ at work here. Heads up play

Black Kevin

I don't work my ass off
Nov 19, 2019
Raleigh
Kassian is such a classy guy, I'm surprised that out of all the players, it was he who pulled a stunt like this.

:sarcasm:

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Odd that we haven't heard from all of Kassian's media buddy "code warriors" on this. They were coming out of the woodwork to support Kassian's berserker rag dolling assault on Tkachuk... but on this... nothing, nada, crickets. Not a word... for or against. Hypocrites.

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
Wasn’t that bad but every hockey player knows u don’t ever kick a player. You just can’t do it. I’m a big fan of old time hockey and usually a lot of suspensions I don’t agree with or think they shouldn’t be as many games but In this case he should have got more. I would have been completely fine if they suspended him for the rest of the regular season

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
It's funny how many people still hold the opinion that the league should have suspended him for longer... Even if they wanted to they couldn't
Pray tell why the DoPS couldn't have suspended him for 10 games or let's just say 8 games... if they had the intestinal fortitude to do that.
I look forward to reading your qualified expert judicial opinion.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
This makes Chara's fine even more puzzling. Kassian's play was far worse, but Chara targets a guys neck with his stick and only get $5000 fine (which is chump change) League needs to be consistent with its penalties, and more consistency with player safety. Dangerous, reckless plays like that should always be a suspension.

Reactions: StonedAF

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
This is way too low. This act could literally kill someone.

The punishment is what it is, I think it was about right, anywhere between 5 -10 games.
Keep in mind I am not defending what Kassian did whatsoever but there are a lot of acts in hockey that could literally kill someone, cross checks to the throat, hits from behind(the league is no where near stiff enough on these, should be an auto 5, players are taught at a young age that these are unacceptable).

The odds of someone dying from a skate incident in hockey is actually pretty rare although it does happen, hits from behind and boarding, charging ect are far more dangerous because of the quantity of these types of plays.

If he had got more games that would have been ok with me though.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
This makes Chara's fine even more puzzling. Kassian's play was far worse, but Chara targets a guys neck with his stick and only get $5000 fine (which is chump change) League needs to be consistent with its penalties, and more consistency with player safety. Dangerous, reckless plays like that should always be a suspension.
Kassian's play was dangerous, no argument there but Chara actually connected heavy and he is a strong dude. Either play could have ended worse then what it was but Chara showed zero restraint and targeted a vunerable area. His was just as bad if not worse.

Reactions: StonedAF

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
He didn’t get throat punched likes you’re exaggerating :laugh:

Also if one is soooo much more dangerous it’s weird one only got a fine and another got 7 games, right?

Do you honestly believe the DOPS gets everything right?

One player got fined because he was Chara.

Both should have been suspended.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Kassian's play was dangerous, no argument there but Chara actually connected heavy and he is a strong dude. Either play could have ended worse then what it was but Chara showed zero restraint and targeted a vunerable area. His was just as bad if not worse.

Yeah i dunno what player safety even is anymore. Using your blade to target a guy's chest is unacceptable but using your stick to target a players neck is nothing more than a slap on the wrist.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Should of been 12-15 games minimum. This is worse than leaving the bench to join a fight which gets you 10.
But if a star player did this it is probably only 2 or 3 games. Because of that George Parros logic

Right ? lol The league looks like a joke with decisions like this. Apparently jumping off the bench to join a fight is worse than kicking a player with your blade. :facepalm:

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
Yeah i dunno what player safety even is anymore. Using your blade to target a guy's chest is unacceptable but using your stick to target a players neck is nothing more than a slap on the wrist.

And using your body to drive another player head first into the boards is sometimes not even called anything, attempting to injure with a knee on knee is no call but if you clear the puck over the glass instant punishment, if you bad mouth an official you better believe you will at least get a fine.

I have no issue with the Kassian suspension, in fact I think the DOPS got one right here.....but officiating from the refs to head office needs a serious look before something serious really happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00