Kassian/Cernak kicking incident Part 2 (suspended for 7 games)

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
Thank you. Personally I think its another stupid move by Kassian. It will likely result in a stiffer sentence. He should have put on his best suit and showed up for the hearing and showed repentance and shame and apologized to their faces.

It doesn't work like that.

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
How does it work??.... because if you know there are a lot of people on here that would like to know too. DoPS is an enigma to most of us.

So you expect Parros to explain to an independent arbitrator that he added games to Kassians suspension because he didn't show up to a non mandatory meeting? Yea I'm sure that'll hold up.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
So you expect Parros to explain to an independent arbitrator that he added games to Kassians suspension because he didn't show up to a non mandatory meeting? Yea I'm sure that'll hold up.
No but I think that if a player makes the effort to show up in person and exhibit regret and contrition that he might be a bit more inclined to show some leniency. Not bothering to show up will just reinforce what they've already decided to sentence him.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Nope. I’ll just put you on ignore because I multiple times have proven what you are saying is erroneous and fabricated.
No problem. But it's Page 45. Post 1112 if you ever want to look

I mention the few people defending Kassian, including you.

You say

"
I was won of them?

Where is the quote of what you claimed I said? Why not just post it if it exists?
Stop making things up, it looks really bad on your part."​

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
No but I think that if a player makes the effort to show up in person and exhibit regret and contrition that he might be a bit more inclined to show some leniency. Not bothering to show up will just reinforce what they've already decided to sentence him.

True but assuming it's 6+ games from them offering an inperson hearing I don't think leniency really matters unless there was a chance they gave him under 6 games if he shows up to show remorse.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
How is not similar? He used a kicking motion to disengage from an opposing player that didn't result in injury.
Are you a criminal defense attorney because if you aren't you should seriously consider a career change? Slick... just slick. Great spin. If I hadn't watched the video 20 times I'd almost believe you.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Is that not what he was doing?
To quote Kassian, that was exactly what he was doing. Funny how if the ref does his job and calls Cernak for the obvious holding/interference, the entire kicking event never happens. Not excusing Kassian at all, just saying how things snowball in games because of terrible officiating. This was more of an avalanche than a snowball by Kassian though.

Krewe

Mar 12, 2019
Is that not what he was doing?
If you watch the video again, you can actually see Kassian hold Cernak's arm/glove keeping him from getting up. Cernak had both hands on his stick, and Kassian already had his leg free. He clearly meant to kick him in frustration. If he merely wanted to disengage he wouldn't have grabbed cernak, and he would have tried to free his other leg from his teammate rather than kick the opposing player with his already free leg

member 305909

Kassian is becoming a player whom even people who hardly ever watch hockey know who he is.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
As an Oiler fan, there is no excuse to use a skate in a kicking motion towards an opponent regardless of intent or result. 4-8 games is my expectation and well deserved.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad