Prospect Info: Kasperi Kapanen | Winger | KalPa (Liiga) | 1st round, 22nd overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Kapanen not in the lineup tonight. Let the speculation begin. Know that the curse is strong with this team!

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
If I understand it correctly, Kapanen is playing in practice matches to prepare for the U20 and won't play the next few KalPa games.

Finnish children under the age of 20 in the Czech Republic national team plays four of the tournament in Sweden, Tshekkiä and against Russia on 6 and 8.11. Finnish goalies Ville Husso and Juuse Saros, as well as the attackers Juuso Ikonen, Artturi Lehkonen and Alex Mustonen were part of last season with less than 20-year-old World Championship gold medal winning team in Finland.

Team League players in the most effective has been this season, Alex Mustonen 15 match points caught by 2 + 7 = 9. Kasperi Kapanen has made ​​five match outputs 3 + 3 = 6. SHL playing Artturi Lehkonen is made ​​of 15 match Frölunda power of 4 + 5 = 9. The loan agreement Kajaani Hokissa playing Antti Fish Pudasjärven lead Mestis newcomers in scoring 17 in the match-power 6 + 11 = 17.

Source

From the KalPa website.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
He was out last game because some kind of injury.

Seriously? For sure?

:cry: He's one of them now. I'm not even remotely surprised. I remember when they drafted him someone was like "his father was an iron man so if he's anything like that, blah, blah, genetics" and all I could think was "give it time, he'll get broken." :cry:

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
has it, though?

Well, judging by how overrated Jonathan Toews and Patrice Bergeron have become in this era, I'd say so yeah.

Nothing against either player, but when either is placed in the same conversation as Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, Steven Stamkos, Ryan Getzlaf...I take issue.

Putting up points should still be the No. 1 priority for a center in the NHL. ESPECIALLY a No. 1 center (Toews), but also one who plays as many minutes as a No. 1 (Bergeron).

Anyway, I digress.

Hopefully, Kapanen is not hurt too badly. His WJC tournament is critical to his season this year.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Currently playing on the 1st line, and just scored 2 goals. Not (!) on the PP, even.

penguins2946*

Currently playing on the 1st line, and just scored 2 goals. Not (!) on the PP, even.

Kapanen now has 5 goals and 8 points in 9 games. He had 7 goals and 14 points in 49 games last year. I'd say that he might beat his totals from last year :sarcasm:

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
He had 22 shots the last 3 games, so it's nice he finally got some points out of it.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Just saw the highlights.

First goal he curled up high and passed to the D at the centre point. D to D pass as KK curled back and then the rebound from the right point shot went right to his stick on the backhand and he squirted it in.

Second goal two Sport guys were fiddling with the puck at the left point and he knocked the puck free for a breakaway. Faked backhand and went back to the forehand and tucked it inside the post.

The assist was a nothing powerplay secondary and a point shot that went in. The D looked like they were cheating towards Kap for the hat trick.

He also missed another breakaway.

I'm waiting to see him score from the slot with guys around though. With his shot and skating, he should be getting chances there and you have to go there even when there are D around to score in the NHL.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
So what are the chances the pens bring him over after his season is done back home? He is allowed to join the team after he is done there correct?

Honestly, he has a fair way to go in his style of play to make it to the NHL. It looks like he's involved defensively, and he backchecks well, so he wouldn't hurt us; but he's basically a perimeter player offensively at the moment. He'll take on guys one-on-one in space (and does it well), but he doesn't really go to high traffic areas except on broken plays. He's shifty as hell, but he'll take some adjusting in the AHL before he's ready to make an impact outside of the powerplay.

Links: Schedule and scores are always here - click on Seuranta to go to the boxscore/highlights of the game you want to check and make sure ad block is turned off if you have it:
http://liiga.fi/ottelut/2014-2015/runkosarja/

Todays game is here: http://liiga.fi/ottelut/2014-2015/runkosarja/6281/seuranta/

ObsessedCreative*

Honestly, he has a fair way to go in his style of play to make it to the NHL. It looks like he's involved defensively, and he backchecks well, so he wouldn't hurt us; but he's basically a perimeter player offensively at the moment. He'll take on guys one-on-one in space (and does it well), but he doesn't really go to high traffic areas except on broken plays. He's shifty as hell, but he'll take some adjusting in the AHL before he's ready to make an impact outside of the powerplay.

Links: Schedule and scores are always here - click on Seuranta to go to the boxscore/highlights of the game you want to check and make sure ad block is turned off if you have it:
http://liiga.fi/ottelut/2014-2015/runkosarja/

Todays game is here: http://liiga.fi/ottelut/2014-2015/runkosarja/6281/seuranta/

Yeah but I thought there was some weird thingy where he can't go to the AHL at his part of his career. I thought it was Pittsburgh or his home team only? Or was that only at the start of the year?

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Yeah but I thought there was some weird thingy where he can't go to the AHL at his part of his career. I thought it was Pittsburgh or his home team only? Or was that only at the start of the year?

There's no official reason why he can't come to Pittsburgh or the AHL at any time other than a gentlemen's agreement that he plays the whole season in Finland. His rights are the Pens' and only the CHL major junior leagues have the issue with transfer to the AHL. I think the Liiga finishes in March (?) so there's no reason why he can't come to the A or the NHL when the season is finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad