Prospect Info: Kasperi Kapanen | Winger | KalPa (Liiga) | 1st round, 22nd overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Semin is good in his own zone.
that he is.

No he may be better but he was the poster boy for floating when he was with the caps. What I saw in this young players in the prospects game was a talent who in time will be a very good winger. He needs to mature and go through the process of Wilkes Barra and being coached in areas of concern. But his upside is big time. He is 18, give him time.

No seriously, Semin is good in his own zone.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014

Are these accurate translations?

Has been a great return Kasper. Points of light has come off, but absolutely it is also important that seem to have bought the game the way the thoughts flow and adapt to them.

Kasper is now the rink to play a much more active and more comprehensive than in the past. Element is, of course, the coaching and the game the way that requires the active participation of the entire quintet. But, for example, karvauksessa shows a huge desire to win hockey itself, rather than just karvata because you have to, this time to wait at another pass at full speed. The difference, for example, yesterday visited the Niirala the second to last summer's number one reserve was a huge kiekottomassa just playing and activity.

Solution The desire and ability, as well as ice skating are huge class. As Kölli Channel Four viikkomakasiinissa found to have been exceeded 40 points this season.

In that match chains and the like. Is a speech that Kasperi surfing the arrogant kiekottomana and down while playing, and this can of course be, but I have such a hard smith to skate and get some attack from the solutions that myself do not have that down to playing left worse bothering me. Market otteille Kapanen is a sniper, which the team needed to correct the inefficiencies. And on the other, the whole tarinaltaan (clan, the number one reservation, a private junior) the kind of player who will certainly help to bring the audience hall, and thus to achieve those economic objectives.

Kassulta yesterday anemic match. Not leave virtually no time on the pitch, and Power Ooops, move the chains, the son of honey below the wrong one.
Although credit has become earlier in matches, isäpappa could organize a small taming his first son.

As in, #1 thinks that he has improved and had a great return so far, #2 is saying he is arrogant and floating, #3 agrees that the last game was "anemic", but says that he gives credit for his first few games?

Cheers to google translate for making me laugh everytime.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I recommend that you fanboys go see what fans of his own team (Kalpa) are talking about him in finnish message boards. End of discussion.

9477234930_88614d3573.jpg

Last edited:

satchmo

Mar 21, 2012
Ok guys. I give up. He is a 2-way beast, a relentless competitor in the defence-zone. :)

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Ok guys. I give up. He is a 2-way beast, a relentless competitor in the defence-zone. :)

You're entitled to your opinion, but if support for your claim amounts to a Finnish message board with 1.5 posts that sort of agree with you and just as many that don't, you're probably better off not quoting it at all.

satchmo

Mar 21, 2012
Best source of information is to watch the games. I have done so as have the fans of his own team writing on the forum. Its funny how people are so eager to defend Kapanen, even tho they arent watching him play.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Best source of information is to watch the games. I have done so as have the fans of his own team writing on the forum. Its funny how people are so eager to defend Kapanen, even tho they arent watching him play.

there are other people watching him play who are saying he is playing effective, strong two-way hockey. Including the fans on the forum you linked to.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Who cares about his defense? No, seriously. He's going to be a scoring winger for this team. He's still in his teens. He will naturally learn to become adequate over time, but who cares if he doesn't become another Brandon Saad...or even Pascal Dupuis.

Let's continue to develop his strengths, shall we. If he pans out as a scorer, we will have done our job with this kid.

There have been several players who have come and gone with this team who were fine defensively...but who weren't top-six winger material. THAT was a failure.

If Kapanen scores, the rest will take care of itself.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
My only concerns about his defense are whether or not he can make plays on the wall on his backhand if he indeed plays the left side in the NHL. Even just based on pre-season and the rookie camp, it was pretty obvious that his positioning was fine for a winger. He's not and probably never will be Jere Lehtinen, but he's not going to be a liability in any way.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I think we all saw from the pre-season games that Kapanen does NOT look like a floater and looks & sounds as if he's got a good work ethic overall. He's got an excellent hockey IQ, and so he can easily learn the other side of the puck. The skills he has, you cannot teach. I'm not worried about how good of a two-way player he'll be in 2 or 3 years in the NHL.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
He will be a different player in four years as to strength, experience and comprehending his role. He is here to eventually be a top scoring winger. He will not be dupuis. He will be a scorer who has a natural goal scoring ability that few have. He has skill, speed and gnes to be a special player. The only questions is time. How long until he can handle the rigors of the NHL. You think JR and the associate GM's can't spot a potential big time winger. They are enthused and love his upside. They know they have something, just not sure when it comes to fruition.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
He will be a different player in four years as to strength, experience and comprehending his role. He is here to eventually be a top scoring winger. He will not be dupuis. He will be a scorer who has a natural goal scoring ability that few have. He has skill, speed and gnes to be a special player. The only questions is time. How long until he can handle the rigors of the NHL. You think JR and the associate GM's can't spot a potential big time winger. They are enthused and love his upside. They know they have something, just not sure when it comes to fruition.

I'm expecting that he will step in next year and be a capable winger who can contribute some offense and not hurt the team defensively (between 15-20g, and ~40 points) if he's playing on the 3rd line. I expect him to become a significant offensive contributor by year two (or three at the latest) in a top-6 role.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Who cares about his defense? No, seriously. He's going to be a scoring winger for this team. He's still in his teens. He will naturally learn to become adequate over time, but who cares if he doesn't become another Brandon Saad...or even Pascal Dupuis.

Let's continue to develop his strengths, shall we. If he pans out as a scorer, we will have done our job with this kid.

There have been several players who have come and gone with this team who were fine defensively...but who weren't top-six winger material. THAT was a failure.

If Kapanen scores, the rest will take care of itself.

Malkin has gotten a point in every game this season, and is tied for 5th in the league in points per game, yet people here want him traded because of a perceived lack of defensive play at times... No player can please everyone's expectations

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Malkin has gotten a point in every game this season, and is tied for 5th in the league in points per game, yet people here want him traded because of a perceived lack of defensive play at times... No player can please everyone's expectations

The Selke has become more important than the Art Ross, Rocket Richard and Hart in this day and age.

Sad, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad