Prospect Info: Kasperi Kapanen | Winger | KalPa (Liiga) | 1st round, 22nd overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Gotcha. And I meant that he has played better in his first few games in Finland than during the preseason - a combination maybe between still playing a little nervous and hesitant in those preseason games + the knowledge he got from training camp and having a better KalPa team around him compared to the last season.

gotcha. I think comfort is probably the key. He just did not look comfortable with the puck in the pre-season.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Here is also a very low quality youtube mirror of the hightlights of his two goal game against HFIK a few days ago:

Goals are at 0:30, and 1:25

But if you can, try and watch it on Ruutu - way better quality.

penguins2946*

Holy **** Kapanen has a laser of a shot, even more than I thought before. He also seems like a Stamkos-like player on the PP, which should be great for us.

satchmo

Mar 21, 2012
Im watching the game. Dont let the points fool you. Kapanen is playing really bad overall. His positioning is bad and he is not participating on defence at all. A floater.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Nice words by a Finnish hockey journalist:

@shoffren
@coreypronman Kapanen impressive. Solid 2-way, hungry, effective. Goldobin the same as in OHL. Good with the puck, too loose without.

Im watching the game. Dont let the points fool you. Kapanen is playing really bad overall. His positioning is bad and he is not participating on defence at all. A floater.

Hm... something doesn't add up.

But I'm watching it, too, and I don't see what you are describing.

Had solid games - especially against HFIK a few days ago. Check the discussion about it in Goldobin-thread in the Prospect forum - everyone thought the same.

I remembered some of your comments from the Prospect thread about Kapanen - you don't seem to like him much:

Hold your horses. He had a bad season and really bad U20 tournament. He should drop to the second round. Bad attitude and a lazy player. No leadership qualities.

Yeah...

satchmo

Mar 21, 2012
When the game is on the defence-zone, Kappy stands on his lane near the point. Doesnt paricipate even if he could get to the puck with few strides. I call it how I see it.

satchmo

Mar 21, 2012
Hm... something doesn't add up.

But I'm watching it, too, and I don't see what you are describing.

Had solid games - especially against HFIK a few days ago. Check the discussion about it in Goldobin-thread in the Prospect forum - everyone thought the same.

I remembered some of your comments from the Prospect thread about Kapanen - you don't seem to like him much:

Yeah...

You are right. I dont think much of him as a player.

Wes C Addle

Bernard Shakey
Jul 4, 2007
Allentown, Pa
When the game is on the defence-zone, Kappy stands on his lane near the point. Doesnt paricipate even if he could get to the puck with few strides. I call it how I see it.

You didn't seem to like his play in last years U20 Tournament, what in particular did you see about his play in that tourney that you didn't like?

satchmo

Mar 21, 2012
You didn't seem to like his play in last years U20 Tournament, what in particular did you see about his play in that tourney that you didn't like?

Well, maybe you could instead say something positive about his U18 tournament. He didnt play in the U20 tournament because of injury.

penguins2946*

Well, maybe you could instead say something positive about his U18 tournament. He didnt play in the U20 tournament because of injury.

Then why did you say this:

Hold your horses. He had a bad season and really bad U20 tournament. He should drop to the second round. Bad attitude and a lazy player. No leadership qualities.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=84067535&postcount=195

It seems like you're just full of crap. If you're going to say stuff like "he played terrible and sucks", you better have some support for it instead of saying "maybe you could say something positive about the U18 tournament".

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
satchmo obviously hates Finnish players. Watch his earlier posts.. I don't know how he played tonight but earlier he has been good.

satchmo

Mar 21, 2012
Then why did you say this:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=84067535&postcount=195

It seems like you're just full of crap. If you're going to say stuff like "he played terrible and sucks", you better have some support for it instead of saying "maybe you could say something positive about the U18 tournament".

Just a typing error (U18/U20). He should have dominated in the U18, but if I remember correctly he couldnt do nothing. With his style, he should score points, because he sure doesnt do anything else on the ice. I really hope Kapanen becomes a star, but it just bothers me that he is floating and acting like a star (doesnt participate in the dirty work), when he doesnt have any credentials to do so.

satchmo

Mar 21, 2012
I recommend that you fanboys go see what fans of his own team (Kalpa) are talking about him in finnish message boards. End of discussion.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Hes also 18 years old. So what if he isnt the best 2-way player? Its not like the other players who got drafted this year is the complete package.

At least he shows potential, maybe he will be "just" a Kessel/Semin type. But maybe he will develope into a 2-way player. Theres just no way to know.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Semin is good in his own zone.
that he is.

No he may be better but he was the poster boy for floating when he was with the caps. What I saw in this young players in the prospects game was a talent who in time will be a very good winger. He needs to mature and go through the process of Wilkes Barra and being coached in areas of concern. But his upside is big time. He is 18, give him time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad